who will get last uefa spot?

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by SICILIANSOCCERFAN, Mar 28, 2006.

1. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

SICILIANSOCCERFAN New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    7 weeks to go and 4 teams realistically fighting for the last UEFA spot.
    Chievo 45 pts
    Lazio 45
    Livorno 44
    Palermo 43

chievo plays- livorn,milan,messin,udine,roma,lecce,fioren
    lazio plays- empol,samp,livor,juve,lecce,ascol,parma
    livorno plays-chievo,udine,lazio,palermo,samp,siena
    palermo plays-ascoli,caglia,roma,livorn,fioren,juve,messin

who has easiest schedule...livorno? or maybe lazio....

2. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lazio has the easiest schedule. They are playing easier teams more times than Livorno.

Livorno only have two games that are winnable for them, which are against Udinese anmd Sampdoria. I can see Siena giving Livorno a fight. Since Donadoni has left, Livorno have just gone down so Palermo would have a better chance of European Football and that's because they're in better form.

Chievo are probably the team to beat in that lot. They have been the more consistent and convincing.

3. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    REMEMBER: we are ALSO in the Coppa Semis!

If we can win the Coppa, and come in 7th, don't we get the spot like Roma did last year?

4. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Actually, we don't even NEED to get into 7th.

from wikipedia.
    Teams 2005-06

Twenty clubs compete in Serie A in the 2005-06 season. The first two teams qualify for the UEFA Champions League automatically, while the third and fourth enter the qualifying rounds. The fifth and sixth teams, as well as the winner of the Coppa Italia, enter the UEFA Cup. For the season 2005-06, the Italian teams playing Champions League are Juventus, Milan, Internazionale, and Udinese – the last two entered through qualification matches; Sampdoria, Palermo and Roma (as runner-up in Coppa Italia) will play in the UEFA Cup.

5. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

SICILIANSOCCERFAN New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    So if Palermo wins or ties against Roma and Inter beats or ties udine in the next game then Palermo are basically assured a spot in UEFA as they will play inter in the finals and inter will already be qualified for the C.L. WHOO HOO. Although it would be nice to actually win the coppa italia!

6. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Exactly!

Put it this way, WE WANT INTER TO WIN THIER GAME.

Regardless if we finish business at Roma on the 12th, just so long as Udin does NOt make the final, and we can make 7th, I think we're ok because if Roma makes it, it's two teams that are already assured entry into Europe.

Again, I say we just win the whole damn thing, and get the auto bid. That's just me.