Who will be the fourth placed team?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by eldiablito, Nov 17, 2004.

1. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    Okay,

Our hex has been decided.

Costa Rica
    Guatemala
    Mexico
    Panama
    Trinidad & Tobago
    USA

Of the remaining teams, which country will come in fourth for Germany '06? That team will have the scary honor of a play-off with the fifth best team from this lot:

South Korea
    Japan
    Saudi Arabia
    Iran
    Bahrain
    Uzbekistan
    Kuwait
    North Korea

2. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Ok, will the Mexican who voted for the US to finish 4th please stand up and identify yourself?

3. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to get 'em back by voting for Mexico to finish 4th. But after thoughtful analysis, I just don't see them finishing that high!!

Lee

4. The Creeper

The Creeper New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Up in MA
    I would love for a Mexico vs Iran playoff, just cause it would be so cool to see each teams home team advantage.
    It would probably be like: Mexico 2-0 Iran in Mexico City then Iran 3-1 Mexico in Tehran.

5. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    Anyone else frightened at the thought of a road trip to North Korea or Uzbekistan?

6. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Believe me, i will be fvcking scared if have to play there!!!

7. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I highly doubt that, but you do bring up a good point which is that Mexico should play more games outside of Mexico and the US. This topic has been discussed many times on the Mexico forum. Mexico will play against Sweeden in January 05 in Sweeden I believe. It should be interesting to see what happens.

8. Octavius Agustus

Octavius Agustus New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    33RD sTREET
    Sweden in January!?!?!?!?!?

Don't their fields freeze over there.

9. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd figure Costa Rica, Mexico, and the US would finish in the top three given that group. Guatemala is the strongest of the three teams left. This is a group of three very good teams, one scary unpredictable team, and two with very little chance of making it to Germany. If the top three take care of business, they are through.

10. CdnBhoy67 redded

CdnBhoy67 redded Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    A forth place looks good for America, and with a bit of luck maybe even lower.

11. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    trust me, they are saying the same thing about going to Saprissa or Guatemala City...

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Yeah...but without nuclear weapons dude!

13. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that game is scheduled for LA! :)

14. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't worry about Uzbekistan, but I wouldn't want to play in North Korea. I would absolutely DREAD the USA having to play an away game in Tehran. They might just have to play both games in a neutral site like New Zealand or something.

15. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    I'm not so sure about that. It's possible it would be crazy, but other American athletes (like wrestlers) have been treated extremely well when visiting Iran.

16. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not talking about them fearing for their lives or anything, I'm just thinking of thunderingly loud crowd and the media circus that surrounded it like when we played them in France '98. Especially considering the current posturing our governments have been doing lately.

17. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone picking the U.S. or Mexico to finish fourth is either just playing with the poll or is smoking illegal substances.

It's a tossup between Guatemala and Costa Rica. CRC SHOULD finish 3rd, but they have been erratic of late and Guatemala could sneak past them.

Panama and T&T are bottom of the barrel.

18. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    Good point. I was thinking North Korea and Uzbekistan are more likely to be that 5th place--and there is nothing inviting about either country. If any concacaf supporter flies all the way to Uzbekistan to support his team, they have huge ones.

19. tiCo enfeRmo

tiCo enfeRmo New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    ticoland/gringoland
    I see T&T playing @ Uzbekistan or somewhere like that! Lets go T&T!!!!!!

20. Rob Pty

Rob Pty New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    I see Panama escaping with that fourth place...

Guatemala & T&T will be in the bottom...

21. Gordon

Gordon New Member

May 6, 2002
    Saskatoon, SK

I think Guatemala is looking better on paper than they are in talent. They were the only properly prepared team for the semi and got a fast start. They won't get that break in the hex. That being said, I think they can compete with T&T and Panama. Can't see anyone but CR, Mexico and US in the automatic spots, but any of the last three could finish 4th. Ruiz might be the difference though.

22. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    totally agree with you gordon, it will be a huge race between T&T, PAN and GUA for the .5 spot, i feel GUA has the better chance, but PAN soccer is improving daily, and T&T always has some hidden surprises.

23. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    For all the T&T fans>> do you guys know if this two brazilians José Luis Seabra and Bobby Zamora are gonna play for your national team, i read that today in a local newspaper

http://www.nacion.com/ln_ee/2004/diciembre/12/deportes4.html you might need an user name for it, its free but in spanish

24. F.F.

F.F. Member

Sep 16, 2004

Zamora is actually english by Trinidadian parentage. He plays for West Ham. There has been talk for 2 years of him playing for TnT... Nothing has come of it so far.

As for Seabra... He is a brazilian playing in Trinidad for W-Connection. He has been there for 6 years or so. Apparently he wants to become a Trinidadian citizen. It is up in there as to how long the process may take though.

25. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States