Who will be the first?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by guri, Feb 14, 2009.

1. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Who do you think will be the first famous soccer player involved in an steroid scandal?

Are they being tested for it anywhere?

My bet is on Cristiano Ronaldo...

2. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Del Piero ya fue el 1º no?

3. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    they don't really test for that, the only sport org that test extensively for Enhancement Drugs is MLB. There has never been a scandal in the NFL about steroids.

riiiiiiiiiiiight:rolleyes:

If a futbol player takes steroids it will be to recover faster from an injury.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    messi.... didnt he take some because he was a midget or something?:D

I am going to send papers to fifa right b4 the Arg - Colo game in BA

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    it will be stupid

why will you built more muscle mass? =slower moves for 93 minutes
    heavier player? no reason

they have to use something else, with all the teenagers they recruit right now, by the top fly clubs. They will stop the use of any 'extra vitamins' a month or two before they go into the main squad.....

yes, they do TEST

6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    While it is true that you can build muscle faster by using steroids, I think that the desired effect for football players will be endurance and strength. I do not know it they can manipulate the outcome, like focusing in the endurance effects, but my guess is yes. In a way, it is comparable to what cyclist do: they do not want to weight 240 lbs (unless they're sprinters), they want to be able to go six hours without stopping.

The main problem is this: Because of the competitive nature of the sport, and the limited chances to really make it big, a lot of teenagers try to get the extra edge by using performance-enhancing drugs. It is sad, because it means that you're willing to do anything in order to win and get the big bucks...

I know they test for certain substances, but are anabolic steroids in the list of forbidden drugs?

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developing/medical/newsid=514055.html#fifas+approach+doping+football

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    un par de jugadores de Honduras dieron positivo, recientemente, cual substancia?