Who will be Real's most effective player this season ?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by fctobacco, Oct 27, 2004.

1. fctobacco

fctobacco New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Who will be our saviour ? whose contribution will be most valuable...pls vote and also write if you like.
    i think zidane...because if he gets a good game, NO team in the world can stop us. he can score goals as well as set up beautiful chances from which it is impossible not to score.

2. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Casillas.

3. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    agreed, without casillas last season we woulnt have made the champions league. this guy was outstanding, and this season seems to be the same.
    Zidane is my favourite player in the world today, and probably will be my all time hero but still, Casillas has my vote!

4. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I think Casillas will continue to play very well and save points for us, but I think the difference-maker will, once again, be Ronaldo. Once he finds form he is unstoppable, and if Owen can keep scoring and Raul, Figo, Beckham, and Zidane can stay productive and dangerous in the midfield, defenses won't be able to focus on one player, and Ronaldo will score tons of goals. He also has a habit of scoring in big, important matches that we need a goal or two in, and I think he will do that this season as well.

5. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Casillas for me aswell, he has saved the team on alot of occasions noteably against Dinamo Kiev.

Also players on the bench like Morientes, Solari, Guti & Celades will be important.

6. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm gonna think positive, and go with an attacking player:

Raul

Would have gone with Morientes, but I doubt he'll get much more playing time the way things are. Raul will maybe move back to the centre front when Beckham comes back from injury, and Zidane back on the left (Zidane & Beckham centre midfield is a little too attacking methinks) so he should soon be back on the spot where he'll be receiving goal scoring opportunities instead of giving them.

7. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Wow, very difficult question, it is very hard to choose only one, but my vote goes to ....

Zidane. If a game begins and you see that Zidane is playing great, you know that we are going to win that game. He makes that the rest of the players play better, he lead the team to a superior level. It is almost impossible that a defender stole him a ball, and with his great vision of play, he made the soccer seems easy when really is very very difficult.

And very near of him ....

Casillas: He has help the team and he will help the team to win a great number of games with his amazing saves. A key player in the success of the team in the last years. He is only 23 and he is the GK of Spain NT and he already has won all the throphies that a player can won at club level (except copa del rey). And he still can improve because everybody say that the best years for a GK are between 28-33 years old.

Raul: He is the soul of this team. He is always there in the hard moments, in the difficult games. He represents the hard work, the commitment with the team, the sacrifice .... I don't know any player so strong Mentaly as Raul, he is even better in the worse moments. His goals/personality/commitment will be totally essencial during the season.

Ronaldo: He always has been a garanty of goals, he has been top scorer in Holand, he as been 2nd top scorer in Italy, he has been top scorer in Spain, World Cup top scorer (I think that he would score more than 40 goals, only in the premiere league, if he plays in England), he is near of Pele goals with Brazil. His average of goals is amazing, and more seeing the championships/games where he has scored his goals. He didn't need the speed to score, because he can score goals like VNR or Vieri, but he only need to receive a ball 30 meters of the goal to score or create a very dangerous goal chances, although he has 1,2,3 defenders in the way, he has unlimited resources to score ..... If he score the same number of goals that he always has scored during his life (while he hasn't been injured), he will be crucial to the success of the team.

But RM is a team, and players like Figo, Solari, Owen, Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Morientes, Salgado, Samuel, Guti, .... will have a great importance during the season.

8. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Casillas has had amazing games, and is probably the only thing that has kept RM in the top. Due to the horid play RM had the beginning of the season. If he goes to United as I heard it could be just talk, but I think it was for 40 mil to United, if he leaves it could hurt RM greatly. Beckham and Owen has saved 4 out of the 5 1-0 wins and Owen set up the other wonderfully. By January if Owen keeps it up and gets play time could be your best striker, and Beckhams form is picking up so who knows.

9. los galacticos

los galacticos New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Kenya
    i think that on a good day if figo and zidane play at their prime they are our best players. Zizou is recovering from his injury and I think in coming weeks we'll see the best of him. Thus far, Casillas has definitely been our best player, but the promise of the world's most expensive pair of players will surely be key if we're to win the league this year. My vote is Figo.

10. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    agreed, he is still no.1 in the world no doubt, his movement and work rate often go unnoticed. he is genious, a legend, players respond to him because of that. there aint ever going to be any player i admire or like more than zizou, i will retire from watching the game when he retires from playing ;)