Who will be Group B's top goalscorer?

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece' started by argentine soccer fan, Dec 6, 2009.

1. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yea but if we are already qualified, he may not play. in which palermo could get the golden boot :D

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not only that, but Higuaín is the third argentine to score a hat-trick on a World Cup, the first being Guillermo Stábile in the 6-3 victory over Mexico in Uruguay '30, the second being Gabriel Batistuta, twice in the 4-0 victory over Greece in United States '94 and in the 5-0 victory over Jamaica in France '98, note the casualities all of those were in the groups stage and the first letter of their first name is letter "G".

4. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Does that mean we can expect the next hat-trick to come from Gabriel Heinze? :)

P.S. The best translation for "casualidad" is "coincidence".
    "casualities" is not a word, and "casualties" means something completely different.

5. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe said player should be a forward too, like Stábile and Batistuta, but who knows, after Heinze has scored one already.:eek:

P.S.: Thanks for that, now that i see it, it looked like i was talking like if somebody had died during the matches...

6. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Now I'm curious.. has a defender ever scored a hat-trick in the world cup? Or ever?

I know Chilavert is the only goal-keeper to ever score a hat-trick.

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Speaking of Batigol.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4xPxvXkoOM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Visión Siete: "Bativisita" a la selección[/ame]

8. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Good question, no defenders appear to ever have scored a hat trick in the World Cup. In fact I think Míchel (Spain, 1986 v Denmark) is the only pure midfielder to have done it in the World Cup.

9. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well it turns out Gonzalo Higuain takes the group scoring leader and the second and third place scorers didn't even make to the poll (Lee and Uche). More surprising is that Messi ends group play without making the score sheet once.

10. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Although it is finished I still think Messi. If not anything else he will simply go back in time

11. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :confused: I may have missed something.