Who will be a sweet surprise this term for Bayern?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by BMike86, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fairplay1

fairplay1 Member

May 3, 2005
    The reason you see Karimi dribble too much in Asian level is because most of his passes are wasted by mediocare finishers, in BM however with good offensive players, he does not need to dribble too much, just enough to pass the ball to players in better scoring positions. I have followed him for a few years now, in a GOOD FORM Karimi is also a great passer much better than his finishing touches. He is more effective close to the goal and behind the strikers and if let free to move around at will.

2. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Good points..

3. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow.. 34 votes for Karimi.

4. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    If my opinion as a Chelsea supporter counts, id put my money on Karimi too. :D

Seems like a very different player compared to most players in Bundesliga, might also be a big factor come CL. The unknown factor, especially with a player who seems to have great skills, might help Bayern cause some major damage. Looking forward to watching this guy play, hope he gets a few starts early in the season.

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, there are and have been plenty of players in the Bundesliga with high skill and flare, D'Allesandro, Marcelinho, Hleb etc.

6. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    True, but their still in the minority, kinda like the Epl actually. Which is why players like C Ronaldo and Robben are so highly rated, there just isnt that many off them. I think its similar in the Bundesliga, innit?

7. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Pretty similiar..but as SirManchester said there are some in the Bundesliga just like they are some in the EPL, but very few for both leagues.

8. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Exclude all the people obsesssed with Karimi and he would have very few votes.

9. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a vote for who can be a good surprise this year, not who is Bayern's Best. It is nice to have a large fan base of fans coming to Bayern because of a player. They may have never had any interest in the club before, but because of Karimi they can possibly enjoy Bundesliga and become fans for life of the team or league. I did not vote for Karimi, but I do not mind all the voting for him :D

10. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

hmmm, interesting... i lost around 200 reputation points overnight...just yesterday i had one of those bright green dots, and 6 in total, and now i have only 4...

cant see who negative repped me, either... dunno what exactly happened there... :confused:

11. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I voted for Ottl, because I am hoping that Bayern did not really go hard after a second CB because Magath saw something in the youngster.

12. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    I think the moderators must be cutting them, I lost about 1600 I think..... anyone else?

13. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

very interesting...! :cool:

im gonna go around repping people as much as i can now...
    (already given out too much reputation for today, btw)

14. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    They clear out rep every couple of months

15. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Makes sense as well... although I am not really sure about the system in general. I am still waiting for the washing machine they promised me for reaching 1000 points. Guess it got lost in the mail.. can't trust anyone these days. :mad:

16. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why would they clear them out?

17. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218996

more info!

From Huss

it means rep given more than 75 or so days ago is deleted. we do this 2-5 times per year.

18. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    If they wouldn't all old posters would end up on umpteen glowing nipples - the best measure would be rep per post of course. Anyway there are so many sinners out there who cheat the system.. defeats the purpose really.

19. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

you mean...people hand out rep...just for the heck of it?

:rolleyes:

:D

20. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    :)

To be precise, a while ago I have stumbled into sinner ronald monks forum and found a thread 'give me rep so I'll rep you back'. And he was justifying that by 'lots of people do this anyway so why not we also.' Fair enough....

21. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    You should see what happens in the Supporters Club Forum. Lot of rep whore-dom. I did it as well....But I didn't inhale :p :D

Besides. I pass it on to my german/bayern brothers and sister :)

22. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    :eek:

I am shocked. You've got a reputation beyond disrepute. :)

23. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I use my force for good. ;)

24. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well anyways....

Santa Cruz has been lighting it up in these friendlies before the term. I wonder if he can keep it going during the season and CL matches. :D

ALSO, I had noticed no votes for ZE, is this because he is an overrated Brazilian that plays average football in an average league? When will Ze stand out is my question, he is good enough to start on the Brazilian National Team but doesn't really contribute a lot sort of like what he does for Bayern. He doesn't stand out but continues to start. :confused: