Who Watches THE WIRE?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Neo¹, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Who watches THE WIRE on HBO?

Its my Favorite show and if anyone elese likes this show or wants to talk about it. POST HERE!!

-N1

2. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Wow!!

I cant believe there are no THE WIRE fans on BIG SOCCER.

3. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear its a great show, one of the best on TV... but sadly I don't get HBO. Is it worth picking up the first season DVD? I figure if I don't like it, I can sell it on eBay and recoup most of the cost.

4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Right here, dude!

Loved the quip that McNulty had at the fancy D.C. fundraiser when he walked up to the bar:

"Get me a Jameson's"
    "How 'bout a Bushmill's?"
    "That's protestant whiskey!"

Ya gotta be Irish to understand.

5. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I remember that line, I also like the Girl he walked away with that night. ;) . I think its halarious that they didnt know Avon got released, that look on McNulty's Face was priceless. I wonder If they will ever find out that Avons nephew didnt commit suicide. I can just picture Stringer Bell and Avon kickin' it off in the Season Finale.

-N1

6. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Brilliant show.

What I really enjoy is how they don't feel the need to advance every single plot in every episode. For example, we know that Marlo and his crew are going after Barksdale's crew. It won't necessarily happen next week.

And I think the Hamsterdam experiment is going to come crashing down at some point.

7. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Hey, there's a Wire thread somewhere else in this forum as well. But yes, it's the best show on TV, and I wish every episode was 2 hours instead of one!

8. sakana

sakana BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I've watched it a couple of times and recognize that it's fantastic tv. I just haven't have the patience to sit down and watch enough episodes to get caught up. That said, since it's from the same geniuses who brought us Homicide, I really ought to find the time....

9. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I cant wait till this sundays episode.

Oh and *Bump*

10. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Word, my last Sunday night was thrown COMPLETELY out of whack when I realized there was going to be no Wire on.

Actually, it would be awesome if they would show a TWO HOUR episode this week to make up for lost time :D

11. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

I was pretty Pissed too, but This week will probibly make up for it.

12. shwantzme

shwantzme Member

Jul 11, 2003
    The Old Dominion
    Or just love Irish Whiskey. I am a Bushmill's fan myself.

I was sick earlier this week and had to stay in bed for two days. I watched almost the entire season in one day via video on demand. I got all the way upt to the show where the guy with the bow tie and his buddy show up to hunt Omar down.

13. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    I love that the hardest mofo on the whole show is gay as a french horn!

14. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Yeah, it is unusual that Omar is gay.