Who wants Lavolpe in the Tri

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    uuuumm.. mira, efern, lo voy a decir una ultima vez.

No ha ganado nada fuera de casa.

N-A-D-A.

Como puedes decir que paso el examen,tomando esto en cuenta??

Exigencia o no, 2 titulos o no, La verdad es esa.

Que esperamos? Mejorar, y ganar como visitante.

Que sucedera? Nadie sabe.

Nadie supo.

Fue horrible, Fue horrible!!

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    QUIERE decir que si osorno no Lo salva en los ultimos minutos vs Brazil sub23 enla copa Oro, lo hechan...?

y si no golean a USA en jalisco, que?

estariamos hablando lo mismo que hace un año.....cual seria el mejor reemplazo para Lavolpe?

osea que paso el test... Pues esta a la cabeza del seleccionado para el 2004.

3. haro0101

haro0101 New Member

Feb 27, 2004
    tampa bay
    lavolpe

now this may seem like i am sweating lavolpe, but the issue is this: the 2006 WC. now the friendly matches and such are all a build to that. now if we are going to judge lavolpe on wins and losses, then yes tirale a la basura. but wins and losses are what is important right now. what is important is developing good, world class players. now for those that question lavolpe's choice of players think about this: you and i already know what c. blanco can do as well as other veterans so why wouldnt lavolpe? that fact that he is looking at other, primarily younger players which is great because those guys need experience playing other international teams. they need to be tested. sorry, but the apertura/clausura isnt a bastion for high quality competition. i believe that mexican league wasnt even in the top ten in the world. (the ranking is from the ifss or something like that). anyway, the point is development which lavolpe seems to be focusing on which is what mexico truly needs.

finally, i think the real deal is not el tecnico, but the players. if we want el tri to be great, we need these young guys to get the hell out of mexico! they need international experience in top quality leagues elsewhere in the world even if it the argie or brasilian leagues. playing abroad is what makes players great. imagine if the the great hugo sanchez just in mexico. he became great by going to spain. he became great by being challenged by other great players week in and week out. please dont think that i am some malinchista punk, but i would be proud as hell to see other young guys playing in other leagues around the world. it is always nice to see raza representing elsewhere.

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    welcome here lavolpista!

I forgot to ad that he has the team in the 5th place: FIFA RANKINGS

not cuate blanco
    not jared or bofo

Just with his experiments with the new generation of mexie players and 2 copa oro points to show for.

5. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sigues con lo mismo, Efern.

No llenas.

How many times do I have to bring up the HOME/AWAY factor? God! This is ridiculous. Now my next statement may seem wrong, but I'll play that card: Why is it that non-Mexicans support Lavolpe so strongly? Coincidence?

El Pelonete had us ranked #4 heading into France 98. So what?

Lavolpe talks about young this, young that, el proceso, testing new players, already knowing what Blanco can do, etc. OK! But what about the idiots he continually calls up for no reason whatsoever???

Chiquis? Briseño? Lopez? Or a while back, su novio el Chato?

I could list 15 more idiots but I wont.

Where is Altamirano? He played well when given his shot and hasn't seen a callup since.

I don't understand it.. at all. What it seems like is Lavolpe does use his oreja system that the media has pointed out. Sus compadres. Sure, everyone does it. But do we really want to end up like el tri of the dark ages, back when M##a andaba inventando.

FIFA dates? He doesn't call anyone up.

Screw el proceso.

Something's not right here and I'd rather be the pessimist now, than later.

Brasil is bringing a full squad to Peru, we're bringing the u23? Go to hell. I don't care what you say about copa de oro, or payback. We need our full team there to "gain experience" no que no? Now we're copping out before the sh$t hits the fan.. just like the cheap yanks.

And in parting, Hugo was born great. Don't credit la liga for his special abilities. Don't be cliche.

Donde esta el orgullo?

6. haro0101

haro0101 New Member

Feb 27, 2004
    tampa bay
    tienes razon

now i hear you when it comes to the choice of the guys that lavolpe is choosing does seem questionable. however, regardless of the rabble that he tends to choose, he must be given credit. like i said, developing young players is the key to mexico becoming a great soccer nation. as for the gold cup, what team did brazil send to the gold cup last year---the U23! most other top nations send their U23 team to tournaments like the gold cup.

anyway, i hear and understand the discontent--he cant win outside of mexico, the choice of players is questionable, and so on. but lets not throw out the baby with the water. there is some good he is doing and that good, which is developing and taking a good look at younger players will be beneficial for mexican football as a whole in future. utter pessisism will get us no where. you take the good and the bad and then you sort stuff out.

i really think the first real test for lavolpe will be the world cup qualifies in june (that is when they start right?) when that starts, we then have to see some real results. no more looking at guys and mixing it up. if we cant win outside of azteca then, if the players he chooses are crap, and if we lose or tie at all with teams that are not the quality of mexico, then by all means question the hell out of the tecnico.

finally, what do you guys think is about the ganas of some of the mexican players? we could rant and rave all day about lavolpe, but what about the players. i guess that goes back to his choice because he should be choosing guys with ganas. ultimately, i think we will have to see how our WC qualifying team looks and performs. for myself, i am holding out a final definitive opinion on lavolpe until then. right now i see the good and the bad and i just hope this bad is remedied then. maybe i am too optimistic!