Who wants Lavolpe in the Tri

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Who thinks Lavolpe should get it?

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I say none of them.

LAvolpe is an overrated coach that always finds excuses for everything. He has worked for every "patron" in Mexico and has not performed. He claims that develps youth players...but we all know that aint true.

Pasarrella.. what can I say about the guy? Given a good team, he may win? But what happens when you dont give him a good team? The tri job is for 4 years... Hmmmm I say he pays off his debts to the Uruguyan federation and gets the hell out of dodge.

Romano.. He too is a smart one. He knows how to choose his employer..instead of his following in his father's (Lavolpe) footsteps, he went to the TVAzteca patrones.

If that was thew only list....i would choose Tuca. He plays good attacking football, but more so plays the game according to the situation at hand. And he made CHivas champion....we all know making an all Mexican team champion is nearly impossible since they dont have what it takes and that is why we need foreigners at the head(according to VS).. so he must be a good coach

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    according to VS?

None of those coaches are my Candidates for the Mexican National Team. As everyone knows i was hoping for Bielsa to be the next Tri Coach.. If i had to choose one coach from the list the FMF has made public. i would go with Beenhakker or Hiddink :)

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I would go with Tuca. Look waht he did with an all Mexican team.. made them into champions. Thats a feat in itself making a team full of Mexicans into champions... No way that could have happened with a Mexican coach at the head of Chivas.

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Carillo

Carillo admitted in an Interview last week that he would help out Hugol with Pumas, maybe now that hes with America hes not giving Hugol advice anymore :D

Maybe we should take Carillo to the National team, but then again hes not a Pentapichichi :p

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Carillo

rightttttt. Yeah... i really love those rumors about Hugo getting instructions from the stands... Like Romano really has a lot of room to talk. Anybody who actulyy believes that is a complete moron. COnsidering Pumas financial problems.. I am real sure they would pay to have 2 HEAD coaches on thier roster..

As far as your assistant coaches/trainers, Hugo has said numerous times that he does take into consideration what his assistants have to say. Should he get burnt for that? NO He shouldnt. Aguirre does that as well as Lapuente, Lavolpe, Tuca, etc. Thats what they are there for.. I do recall Aguirre wanting to take his assistant coaches to Pamplona but knew that Osasuna could not afford the bill.

As far as Carrillo..Havent I said numerous times that I dont like what Carrillo is doing with America. I sure as hell dont want him on the national team...

I can see it already... Carillo takes America undefeated into the 1st week of October when Lapuente comes back.... he loses and the press has a frenzy with the return of Lapuente.

America is the the red headed step child right now. They are doing well but no one cares about them. As soon as Lapuente is there..... the press will return ....

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

rightttttt. Yeah... i really love those rumors about Hugo getting instructions from the stands...

I do not know if Carillo is telling the truth. I herad his Interview were he said Lapuente was the best Mexican coach and should be in the National Team, then they asked him about Hugol and he said yes i did help him out..

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: ************

Just like Aguirre helped out Bejon.. or Romano helped out Lavolpe..or how Lapuente even helped out Aguirre choosing a couple players on his 2002 squad?

Now... one one ever wants to talk about that do they? Only waht will benefit them huh???

Certain players/coaches will never get the benefit of the doubt... and do you know why VS?

9. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Lavolpe has shown a lot of times that he clashes with big stars. He had that fight with Hugo, at first last year they were rumors that he and Cardoso were fighting. Also he has shown time and time again that he can never take the big step like the last two seasons with Toluca in the liguilla and the time that Atlas was the superlider and had everything to win and lost to Pachuca. We are supposed to get someone to take the big step.

As for Passarella, he can't even handle Monterrey so good luck with the Tri.

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    la verdad sobre el bocon de Hugo

Ricardo Antonio Lavolpe, técnico del equipo Toluca, manifestó que el anuncio hecho por Hugo Sánchez de renunciar en la lucha por ser nuevo técnico de la selección mexicana es porque se borró de la lista porque sabía que no ganaría.

Enterado a su llegada a la capital mexicana procedente de Los Angeles luego de la victoria de su equipo 2-0 sobre Pachuca en el selectivo Pre Libertadores, el estratega argentino opinó que Hugo Sánchez renunció porque "seguramente algo le dijeron".

"Si Hugo se fue, si se borró, me imagino que algo le dijeron, para que él se haya borrado. No es ningún tonto ni zonzo, conoce bien ese medio y tiene una infraestructura atrás de mucha gente que trabaja para él y por algo se quitó de la vista".

Agregó el director técnico de Toluca "ahí es donde tengo la duda de si ya le hayan dicho que era Carlos Bianchi o yo, pero de que algo le dijeron, seguro, porque de eso del trabajo que está haciendo con Pumas yo no lo creo".

Las bases del argentino Ricardo Lavolpe para descartar la versión que manejó Hugo Sánchez y el propio presidente de Pumas, Luis Regueiro, son que "hace una semana el señor Regueiro dijo que si había un técnico para la selección mexicana ése era Hugo Sánchez. Entonces le dijeron algo y por eso se borró".

Dijo que ahora que el ex-niño de oro se convertirá en una especie de técnico a quien se le pida auxilio cuando el timonel en funciones no rinda resultados. "Ahora va ser como el húngaro Arpad Fekete o como el brasileño José Antonio Gómez Nogueira, de esos entrenadores bomberos que al técnico que esté en la selección le va a dar y le va a dar para poder llegar".

Lavolpe criticó la actitud de su homólogo, pues expuso que "tuvo la oportunidad de pelear una candidatura de frente, con sus propuestas, con su trabajo, pero no tiene propuestas ni plan, entonces es muy fácil lo que está haciendo él de que al que elijan le va a dar con todo".

El argentino se defendió así de los nuevos ataques verbales de parte de Hugo Sánchez quien indicó hoy que de los tres candidatos que quedan para dirigir a la selección mexicana apoyaría a todos menos a Lavolpe pues trata a los jugadores como animales.

Contestó que Hugo Sánchez se debería de fijar en la cantidad de jugadores que él Lavolpe ha debutado como técnico en su carrera y preguntarles a los jóvenes la opinión que tienen de él. Dijo que ya esta harto de esa situación y que se dedicará a trabajar y ya no escuchará más a Hugo Sánchez.
    LARGO PERO BUENO.

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I found this old thread when I was doing some moderator duties merging some old threads. Funny how some of RDL's comments about Lavolpe have come true.

12. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    I don't see why so many want Lavolpe out so quick. First off, he won the Gold Cup. Second, those bad results have been just several friendlies.

13. ricv56

ricv56 New Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Bellflower
    True enough that Lavolpe has won the games that have counted so far, but Mexico played the entire Gold Cup at Azteca and hasn't won away from there since he took over, the lone exception, IIRC, is the victory over Bolivia in Texas Stadium this past March. Their record in games away from home, in the US (2-1 loss to El Salvador in LA) doesn't inspire much confidence.

People who are frustrated with him aren't so much frustrated because of the results he's put up, but because of his player selection, and the fact that after a year at the helm, he's yet to stamp the team with any sort of identity. He's repeatedly called up retreads that he's coached at the club level and who have shown they have no business on the national team over and over again while seeming to show disdain for some of the proven internationals that he has.

Finally, there is strong sentiment that Lavolpe is a fraud. Many feel that he got the job in the first place because of who he's worked for more than for his merits. No one was clamoring for him to be the coach, mostly because many feel he didn't merit it. He'd been fortunate enough to coach some very talented teams at Atlas and Toluca and, if I recall won but one championship. Compare him to the other two finalists for the job, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Carlos Bianchi, and you wonder how fucked up the FMF had to be to have given him the job.

ricv56

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    lavolpe ha ganado lo que le ponen de meta: gold Cup in mexico City

y el cupo a los olimpicos, jugando de local en jalisco.

ya paso el examen o aun esta en entredicho con muchos de uds?

Le falta pasar el examen Jugando de visitante y no mas, parece que encontro los jovenes que queria para llevara alemania06.

sera que premia a los sub23 con el llamado vs Chile?

15. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    creo que es hora de dejarlo trabajar. ya paso el 'examen', como tu dices.

llamo a cinco jugadores de la sub-23;

http://www.esto.com.mx/040212/fut_inter/9fut_inter.asp

para mi es una buena lista.

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Impaled check your pm's bro.

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    mucho secreto? que va hombe!

18. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The jury's still out.

We can pretend to be blind and just talk about the games "that matter" like Copa de Oro o el Preolimpico..

But what happens when we travel to Athens and get thrashed?

Not saying it'll happen, but we need more preparation. At this point, It seems Lavolpe does not know how to win away from home.

Para cambiar el tema, Sale con eso de que quiere jugar los juegos de eliminatoria en el Jalisco.

Yo entiendo que necesitamos saber ganar de visitante pero por favor, no ching**n.

El Azteca es nuestra casa.

Basta!

Mejor porque no vamos a jugar partidos amistosos en Europa, y con alguien aparte de Inglaterra.

Cuando fue la ultima vez que fue el Tri a jugar en Europa?

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    tenes la razon es mejor jugar fuera de casa y usa, y mejorar al contendor (venezuela?)

pero el Jugar en jalisco, solo sirvio para quedar bien con la gente de guadalajara, hay mas dinero que hacer en el azteca!

ahora...en athens cualquiera sale facil, sino mire la historia de Brazil....nunca medalla de Oro y argentina sufre con los africanos cada 4 años, no es facil.

ahora la convocatoria de sub23 para copa america es importante (por lo menos la mitad deben ser lo que van a alemania06) con refuerzos del mejor nivel y mayores, pero dentro de 16 meses. Si en suramerica brincan, que importa, Brazil trajo los sub23 a copa Oro! ademas ni les sirvio, pues los elimino a Athen paraguay!

yo creo que va por el buen camino y PASO el examen!

20. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Efer stop bumping old threads. It can be confusing. I dont know why you have a fear of starting new threads ??? Now just to let you klnow this thread was a joke thread started by RDL.. It should be obvious by reading the poll "Which Foreigner should get it according to VS" also check ot the options : Pasarella because he has an Argie Accent...

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ahhhh I see!

funny joke... go ahead and change the options then.

we can fix that right?

so did, lavolpe pass the test in your Books?

22. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    NO, man!

Que tienes?

He hasn't won away from home, minus the Bolivia game.

What in the hell are you thinking?

This is all going to blow up in our face if we don't prepare.

Okay, let me rephrase that.

If THEY don't prepare.

The U.S./MLS boards are rubbing off on me with this "we don't play, Landon does" crap.

Ridiculous. :)

Which is why they'll never become the dominant force in CONCACAF much less the rest of the world.

Political Correctness and lack of true fanatical passion.

Anyway, yes. Lavolpe is the sucketh.

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    look the usa has no important competition in 2004

Lavolpe does! copa america will be a good preparation for Athens....

cuales son las fechas de estos dos torneos, ademas para los olimpicos Lavolpe puede llamar 3 seniors players...

CUALES SERAN TUS CANDIDATOS, para reforzar el Tri en Atenas.... la ventaja es que puede empezar en copa America.

Veremos como le va vs Chile....Pero es cierto, Peru sera la prueba de fuego aunque lleve los sub23 (todos los demas estaran sin los 'europeos').... sera parejo, no veo como argentina, Brazil y colombia se den el lujo de llamar los de otras ligas, no los prestarian en año de eliminatorias. Seran TODOS de ligas locales, excepto los del Peru que quieren ganar a Huevo de locales.

Lavolpe paso el test!

24. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Efer we have seperate threads for all the questions you are ask. Check Mexicos Sub 23 and Germany 2006 thread to answer some of them and please stop bumping threads from last year..

Now i must agree with our resident pentapichichi that Lavolpe has yet to win away games which is more impiortant. Let us see how the seleccion does in Copa America and the Olympics before giving Lavolpe two thumbs up..

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Muy exigentes!

ya les gano 2 titulos....en pocos meses, con 2 grps distintos!