Who Stole Paulina's Pants?

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by Bambule GK, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually quite enjoyed the half-time show with Paulina (and Scary-spice pretending to play guitar). Let's just say she's my type...

2. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    I think that everybody here needs to lighten up just a little bit. Does everybody on Bigsoccer have to get completely bent out of shape every time MLS does anything?

FWIW, I happen to think that the All Star game is the perfect opportunity to have a big half-time show. The game is already meaningless and fluff. Why not have a fluffy half-time show?

Having said that, I think they should limit those types of half-time shows to the All Star game and not have them at all during MLSCup. MLSCup is a real game--a real competition. Whatever happens at half-time should be related to the game on the field, and not to distractions like the SuperBowl half-time glitz-a-thon.

Perhaps half-time of MLSCup would be a great time for the Commissioner to go down to the field and address the fans--a good time to connect and let the fans hear what's going on. Perhaps an abbreviated State of the League address?

3. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    It's not an American type thing, it's business. If you want people to believe you're a big boy, you've got to act like one.

4. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL
    What the hell does this have to do with Ms. Rubio's pants???

Geesh. Where's a moderator when you need one.

5. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

6. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    I thought it was embarrassing that the K.c. chick and the Fire chick wore the same skirt to the party. I hate it when that happens.

7. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what MLS and Pepsi were trying to tell us when they chose the jerseys for the people in the band? There obviously are trying to send some subliminal message by not including certain teams on the stage.

8. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Guess we know which teams aren't getting any allocations next year.

9. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL
    Or stadia anytime soon...

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure has hurt the Super Bowl. And the NBA Finals.

11. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    If you go by the hotness factor of those chicks as a guide for the quality of the allocation, KC must be signing Ronaldo on a free transfer.

Sachin

12. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Metros are gonna get Nick S. in a string bikini.

13. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL
    Does this mean the MetroLlamas are getting a Yeti?

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the tight fitting nature of the Rapids jerseys, you've gotta wonder why they weren't represented...

15. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've looked at the pictures. Wasn't able to watch the game (out of the country). Nice view. I understand there was music involved, however. Is that right?

16. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    Funny you should mention that.

Perhaps the funniest pic I took that day was a picture of the crowd while she was playing:

http://www.regularguycolumn.com/deafeningsilenceformexiskank.jpg

It was kind of a general mixture of "What the ************ is this ************?" and "Who the hell is that that keeps slapping her own ass?"

17. todda74

todda74 New Member

Nov 4, 2001
    Annapolis
    I was there and I liked the halftime show. Though the music kind of overpowered Paulina's voice.

18. gatopreto

gatopreto Member

May 31, 2000
    NYC
    Truly, that's a good thing.

19. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Only on bigsoccer can we have people complaining about a hot chick getting up there dancing around with other good licking(whoops, I mean looking) chicks and shaking her a$$ in some slinky spandex shorts.

20. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. That was classic. I hate to see the parents being their kids to see this "Family Entertainment".

Who's worse, Paulina Rubio of Christina Aguileria? IMO both are equally talentless and skank-ful. BTW, what were Paulina's bodyguards thinking? [​IMG]

21. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I was thinking the same thing. I better keep my distance from this board before I catch what everyone else has.

22. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL
    That picture above is just so freakin' classic.

What the HELL are those guys guarding??? :D

Oh, and by the way, I like the fact that those two MLSers in the background are wondering the same thing this thread is looking to answer...

23. Bambule GK

Bambule GK New Member

Aug 16, 2000
    The ATL
    WAIT!!!

Is one of those guys Mickey Rourke?!?!

24. Lab Mouse

Lab Mouse New Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Kalamazoo, MI, USA
    Anyone else find it significant that it was the drummer--a nice-looking guy--that was wearing the Crew shirt? ;)

Those bodyguards look like Vietnam War veterans or Harley riders. Both of which are cool people, just very out of place around this kind of band.

I would like male entertainment at MLS Cup, thanks. As long as it's not Aaron Carter or a boy band.