Who still wants Hugol in el Tri

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Various Styles, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toot86

toot86 New Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Long John Silver's
    I just think

I dont think only because 1 Mexican perfected the art of scoring that he should be given all the rights of a hero./.. He is a goal scorer thats his job.

But his big ego is too much it makes you think he can do the same with any challenge he takes on wich he cant.. Unless he practices Practice..

2. toot86

toot86 New Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Long John Silver's
    Oh yeha

And if Borgetti was in Real Madrid i think he would also be pentapinchi...

3. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    toot you just dig a bigger hole for yourself with every post you are making in this tread

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    toot may be nuttier than squirrel turd, but he has balls..and balls are enough...

although he does make a good point about Sanchez on the national team....

the thing is... they use to mark him with 3 guys throughout the game.... Remember.... During the 90 WC... I think Hugo was at his peak..... Its a shame he was denied a WC.... but on talent and skill alone.... he is IMO in the top 10 of all time.

He did play for an Argentina or Brazil or Italy where you are surrounded with other greats....

:D

5. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yep but as I said, Sanchez was on when Mexico was the country that used to be crap outside Azteca. Sanchez was one beyond his time in that he was prior to his time in Mexico in believing that he could face the best, wherever and whenever. When the team had that mentality, it was too late for him. Also Mexico had a great team for 1990 and the stupid FMF screwed him from his WC.

As for Toot, whatever. You insult everyone and act as a big shot when people argue Bofo is better than Mendoza but don't when someone says that Borguetti is better than Sanchez, especially after whining about how Mexican hate Hugo and don't respect him. That's smart.

6. RIO17

RIO17 New Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Soon to be Denver,CO
    Ignorance

Simply because Hugo didn't play for the national team as much as he deserved to, does not mean he is not a good player.

Does anyone here remember an amazing forward that rocked Europe in the 50's and led Real Madrid to many titles, but never played in a single World Cup ?

Oh yeah, the name DiStefano comes to mind doesn't it ? Now, did he suck just because he never played in a world cup ? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Let's not be ignorant here, there are many great players that have been denied time on their national team. Many come to mind - Jardel, Djalminha, Elber, Bautista, De Olmo, etc

Toot: I really have to say you are one of the most ignorant people I have come across on any forum and the garbage you post serves no other purpose other than to entice arguments. I have yet to find an intelligent post from you, but I will keep watching and applaud when I read one.

Joe

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    solto la bocota el dolido de Hugol

El ecuatoriano Alex Aguinaga fue hoy el blanco de las críticas de Hugo Sánchez, quien le demandó al sudamericano que se retire del futbol activo y deje en su lugar a algún mexicano.

Durante su acostumbrada charla con los medios de comunicación, el entrenador de Pumas de la UNAM ahora habló del jugador necaxista, quien la víspera dijo que era incoherente lo que Sánchez hacía y decía en torno de su posible arribo a la dirección técnica de la Selección Mexicana.

"Ni le va, ni le viene a Aguinaga las decisiones que yo tome en torno al equipo Tricolor", dijo Hugo, quien reiteró que él sólo renunció a la candidatura que le ofrecieron, no así a su firme intención de llegar en un futuro al cargo.

Además, mencionó que Aguinaga está en el proceso terminal de su carrera como futbolista y busca engañar a los dirigentes.

En ese sentido, dijo que lugar de anunciar su retiro para dejar su puesto a un futbolista nacional, el sudamericano pretende engañar a la afición al buscar la naturalización mexicana.

8. dbdavid

dbdavid New Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Watts
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Damn good thing he did take charge of El Tri!

9. NitroGuy

NitroGuy New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    North America
    ,,,this Thread Is Old>>>>>>>>>>> Just Close It

10. Jimmy America

Jimmy America Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Nerys Eyebrows
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Best thing about it is you know he wants Mexico to do THE BEST it can. I am 100% convinced LaVolpe did'nt. He wanted Mexico to do good, but not that good. Good enough so that he can get another job but that's about it.

11. montakristo

montakristo New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    LOS ANGELES
    ^^ i dont think thats true at all.. any success mexico had would reflect back on him so i think he wanted them to do the best possible

12. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Yes, five years later!! I am quite sure the UNAM fans are greatfull Hugo diod not become MNT coach and instead filled the Universitys coffers with silverware.

It think it all worked out for the best speially since at UNAM Hugo worked with the players on a daily basisis as opoosed to every other month with the NT. I believe this day to day experience has made him a better coach.

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    why would you bump a thread from 5 years ago?

closed