Who still wants Hugol in el Tri

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Various Styles, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Hugol has shown his lack of coaching expertise in these past three games. Not only has he been outcoached but his team has received 13 goals :eek:

It should now be clear that he is not ready for the National Team. I hope he does the right thing and shuts his trap. These past results will certainly take away any credibility he had as a candidate. When the new TriColor Coach gets chosen for the good of the team Hugo Should not start yapping about who should or shouldnt be on the Seleccion.

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Hugol has shown his lack of coaching expertise in these past three games. Not only has he been outcoached but his team has received 13 goals :eek:

LAck of coaching expertise? Or lack of team?

Because I hope you dont use that excuse when you are defending Aguirre in Spain. Saying that he does not have a team. I dont care how good of a carpetner you are, if you dont have a hammer..you may not get the jobe done.. or get it done in a certain time frame.

You tend to use any arguement to justify yourself. Stick with one side. I see you in the the US forums praising Lapuente, knowing damn well you hate that guy with a passion. And you dont even give him credit for shyt. Thats is chicekshyt of you just to make yourself look right. THat pathetic

Truth is.... IF Sanchez had a half of the players that Monterrey or Toluca or ... Pumas would be different story. And the fact that Pumas is still alive with 9 points.....indicates that they still have a shot.

It should now be clear that he is not ready for the National Team.

ZZZzzzzzz tell you what... when you get Mexican citizenship... maybe you can get a say in the matter... but you let us True Mexicans decide for ourselves.

I hope he does the right thing and shuts his trap. These past results will certainly take away any credibility he had as a candidate.

Premature?

How is it that you justify Ruggeris, Pasarrellas failures...but you dont with Hugo....

When the new TriColor Coach gets chosen for the good of the team Hugo Should not start yapping about who should or shouldnt be on the Seleccion.

He has earned the right. He has bent backwards for his compatriotas to go abroad.

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    rdl

LAck of coaching expertise? Or lack of team?

Now its a lack of team. Wasnt it last season that they made it to the semis only to get eliminated by some shady reff. Didnt Hugo get all the players he requested.

Because I hope you dont use that excuse when you are defending Aguirre in Spain.

Pumas UNAM is a better team that Osasuna. Just take a look at the rosters.

I dont care how good of a carpetner you are, if you dont have a hammer..you may not get the jobe done.. or get it done in a certain time frame.

:confused:

You tend to use any arguement to justify yourself. Stick with one side. I see you in the the US forums praising Lapuente, knowing damn well you hate that guy with a passion.

Prasising him ?!?! I only stated the obvious. That Bruce Arena was never able to beat the Tri under Lapuente.

And you dont even give him credit for shyt. Thats is chicekshyt of you just to make yourself look right. THat pathetic.

I never give him credit ?!?! I have allways said hes a good coach. Im not going to exagerate and say he debuted players that had allready been on the team :D

Truth is.... IF Sanchez had a half of the players that Monterrey or Toluca or ... Pumas would be different story.

Monterrey has a great squad. Didnt Pumas beat Mnty ?

And the fact that Pumas is still alive with 9 points.....indicates that they still have a shot.

Who said they didnt ?

ZZZzzzzzz tell you what... when you get Mexican citizenship... maybe you can get a say in the matter... but you let us True Mexicans decide for ourselves.

True Mexicans live in Mexico or the U.S ???

How is it that you justify Ruggeris, Pasarrellas failures...but you dont with Hugo....

Passarella is a good coach, so he failed with Parma, that doesnt make him a bad coach. Are we forgetting that Atlante got relegated with Lapunete as coach... As far as Ruggeri. He was brought in to build a squad not win Championships.

He has earned the right. He has bent backwards for his compatriotas to go abroad.

Would you care to Explain ???

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: rdl

Now its a lack of team. Wasnt it last season that they made it to the semis only to get eliminated by some shady reff. Didnt Hugo get all the players he requested.

How is he going to get all the players he request considering the team is almost broke. Did their financial problems start this season all of a sudden? Changing brands and adding 3 new sponsors to thier jersey.. do you think they did that because they wanted to or because they needed to?

Pumas reaching the semifinals was a shock. A lot of antiHugoistas say the only reason he got that far was because it was a world cup year and the players were taken away from thier clubs... which only benefited Pumas and condemned every team.

Regardless, Pumas played smart and and showed heart. He beat a Morelia team that did count on all thier players despite what Romano had to say.

Pumas UNAM is a better team that Osasuna. Just take a look at the rosters.

I dont think so. They may be an even team... but I dont know about being better

":confused: "

In reference to the carpenter.. i was implying that it doesnt matter how great of a coach you are, if you dont have a team... you may not get the desired results that people expect from you.

I think Pumas hit a slump... but will he get the most out of his inexperienced players... I have no doubt. I have a feeling he will lay into them come monday morning. I think its a lack of concentration. HUGO takes all the heat for his players and there is no excuse for his players to make dumb mistakes or lose their head or or get ejected fr dumb reasons... call it inexperience, call it youth... but whatever the reason is... there is no excuse for it and especially.... when the player is not pressured... all the pressure is on Hugo.

After the Toluca game... Galindo and Beltran told the press that they were sorry about being ejected and bla bla bla.... The press didnt care what the players had to say about thier ejection... they cared more about what Hugo had to say about thier ejections....

Prasising him ?!?! I only stated the obvious. That Bruce Arena was never able to beat the Tri under Lapuente.

righttttttttttt

I never give him credit ?!?! I have allways said hes a good coach. Im not going to exagerate and say he debuted players that had allready been on the team

debuting players at meaningless cups when you are not even there is not my idea of debuting them. HE wasnt even there long enough to work with the young ones.

Salinas debuted in the MFL under Lapuente. You can try and dig up anything you want ..but the fact reamins that Salinas debuted in the first division against Pachuca of Verano 2002.

Monterrey has a great squad. Didnt Pumas beat Mnty ?

Yes they did. But Pumas does not have a good squad. They are too young and too raw. I do enjoy watching them because i think some of thier players will be great in a couple seasons.

Passarella is a good coach, so he failed with Parma, that doesnt make him a bad coach. Are we forgetting that Atlante got relegated with Lapunete as coach... As far as Ruggeri. He was brought in to build a squad not win Championships.

Didnt Lapuente make the playoffs? Didnt Lapuente's Atlante up there in points? The team before Lapuente and the team during Lapuente was night and day.

"so he failed with Parma" You say that real loosely..

Right???? I am so sure he was there to build a squad? Just one question... Why not hire someone to build a team or youth system and hire another guy to win championships at the same time?

Why hire a coach to build you a team.... then fire him and then hire another coach to win...

Does CHivas have a "You rack em, I break em" mentality?

Fact is... that is complete bullshyt and you know it.

Would you care to Explain ???

I shouldnt have to. But at least he doesnt prepare foreigners to go to Europe at our expense..... thats the difference.

Food for thought... did you know that Ochoa is the 3rd Tigres player to go play In Europe and the 2 before him were foreigners....

5. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I would say Hugo should have a shot at it, but looking back in history, few great players make great DT...in any sport.

I was in his camp but in reality he needs more time to make a name for himself, even then, it does not mean jack, until he proves himself.

We can measure coaches by different critera, but three things come to mind:

1) Beating USA
    2) Getting to World Cup
    3) Wins in general

No matter who is at the helm, if those things don't happen, maybe even in order as above, he will be out.

Now, the last guy not only lost to the USA, but he did it in the World Cup. Too bad for him because he did look the part in being a good DT on such a stage.

Let's not forget the difference between coaching a group of players into more than they ever expected to be, while playing at the top level in the world. Yes, the bright lights can blind people and the age old saying is right...act as if you have been here before.

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I would say Hugo should have a shot at it, but looking back in history, few great players make great DT...in any sport.

And why is that? Is it because they dont know the game?

Its because they expect them to win since day one. Just imagine MJ or Pele coaching right after thier careers. The press would have a field day. And the only thing that would happen is... they would not let them work and train their players in peace.

In soccer, its different because most coaches did have good careers. But the press still has a field day with them

I was in his camp but in reality he needs more time to make a name for himself, even then, it does not mean jack, until he proves himself.

League and international play is different. In league you play and set up your tactics for a long period of time. In International, you need quick results and therefore you have to play for today because there aint no tomorrow.

We can measure coaches by different critera, but three things come to mind:

1) Beating USA
    2) Getting to World Cup
    3) Wins in general

we dont set up our federation and tactics to solely beat the US

Win in general? I dont measure the wins we get against teams like Guatemala, El Salvador, Trinidad and Tobago, Honduras, Venezuela, Peru, etc... we are suppose to beat those teams.

I look at what thye do against the big dogs. Granted, in recent times we have overlooked the small fish... and thats our fualt...

No matter who is at the helm, if those things don't happen, maybe even in order as above, he will be out.

I think the first line of business is not that... but get yourself a crop of players and stay with them. Meza chose the wrong bunch. Aguirre had no time and had to do it through trial and error.

Now, the last guy not only lost to the USA, but he did it in the World Cup. Too bad for him because he did look the part in being a good DT on such a stage.

Like I said, we tend to overlook the small fish. And its our fault for doing so. That is one of the things that needs to change... because their aint no excuse going toe to toe against the big dogs and then losing to a chump. Take it how ever you want to... but its the truth... You should have read the press in Spain, Italy, Mexico, Argentina..playing well against good teams.. and then losing to a team like that. Just does not make sense

Let's not forget the difference between coaching a group of players into more than they ever expected to be, while playing at the top level in the world. Yes, the bright lights can blind people and the age old saying is right...act as if you have been here before.

Every federation, every country, every league is different.

I dont want anyone to act as if they have been in Mexico or familiar with our league. I want them to be familar with Mexico and our league, players, federation.

Some use that arguement about bringing in a foreigner that is not familiar with Mexico and its federation. I guess so he wont be cuaght up in her politics (TV wars, Sponsors, etc). I dont buy that. I really dont buy that Marcus Aerilius/Maximus theory that just because someone is unfamiliar with something, that he will not get cuaght up in politics or corruption. I think its complete bullshyt. Maybe this is just me... but i trust the con man more so than the man that doesnt know what he is doing. Afterall... you know what the crook is going to do. Can you say the same about the other guy?

I hear a lot of radio debates and stuff about that.. and a lot of people just want an outsider for that same reason...they want those TV wars to stop.
    Aint going to happen..back door deals and bribes have been round since the dawn of man. Corruption is at every level (the education system to the correctional sytem to the political system to ).. i can live with that... the only thing you can ask for is someone to deliver. If you promise me a road..build me that road ...what you take i dont care as long as i get what i want.

The time a coach waste by looking at hundreds of players and making notes... he could have already chosen the crop and start from there IF he was familar with the league and players. Like I said in another thread... the coach must know our limits and boundries and work within that function. I'd hate for the next coach to implement an aerial style of play and only to be shut out by a team taller than us like Germany or England or Nigeria. I would hate for a a coach to implement a middle game where the center mid creates everything and then only to get shut down by a team that bunkers and waits for the counter attack.

What style should we implement for 2006 (considering we get there)? I dont know

To early to tell and we dont have the crop to choose from. Hopefully some of the players from the youth teams (sub15-23) will be on that 2006 roster.

I prefer a Mexican coach... but I will settle for a coach made in Mexico.

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I cant believe a mod is taking a cheap shot at me .... with this poll...

I guess it proves my point... :D

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    yes, it proves one point: YOU ARE UNTOUCHABLE AROUND HERE

BTW, you are always right too!

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I think you missed the point. If you knew Various and I well.. you would know what i am implying..

Many times, Curious Child and I have arguements (yes, sometimes they turn heated and he calls my momma a whoree and i go bang his sister to get even with him :p).. and they usually revolve around FMF politics/TV wars/corruptions/backdoor deals/funny business/etc...

HE claims that Televisa is the root of all evil in the FMF. And I disagree. Him and little prick (Evil Rick) think that I am gung ho Televisa. I have nothing against them. Is there corruption there? Yes there is and its to be expected...

They claim that TV azteca would be better and bla bla bla bla... and i keep telling them.... it doesnt matter if Televisa, TV Azteca, CBS, BBC, or Playboy TV is involved...corruption will exist no matter who is on top. I understand that Televisa did not get to the top by being nice.. I know they had to scratch and claw and eye gouge to get to the top.... but its what they deliver that makes me a customer (notice i did not say loyal)

NOWW.. about a mod taking a cheap shot at me in the poll... i was implying that it doesnt matter who is at the head.... could be me or you or Various Stlyes or Evilrick... there is one certainty...that the person on top can do as he pleases....because he is in a position to do so.. now... the question is how long can he maintain?? the answer is... until he fails to deliver......

So.... all thiese little antitelevisa peasants can b1tch and moan... but they dont do anything (like boycott Televisa or Univision)... and why??? because they (Televisa) deliver.....

To make this issue hit a little closer to home... would you bitch or do you have reason to bitch at TV Caracol if they delivered the Colombian league week in and week out?

Hey, dont get mad at me cuase i know my business..;)

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    the poll -this one- is more like an answer to the one about Lavolpe, started by you.

lets wait and see what other posters have to say when many votes come its way. Not just one opinion, many more will be a good indication of the popular feeling most fans

11. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Re: rdl

Are you insane! Osasuna have Uruguayan midfielder Pablo Garcia and UNAM have Rodrigo Lemos. Enough said.

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Sometimes the popular vote aint the right one. Do you know what clear and present danger is or what its purpose is when measured up against majority rule?

You would think that Sanchez would be Mexico's golden boy for what he had done as a player...but the fact is he is hated more than he is liked. For every one person that likes him.. there are 20 that hate him and want him to fall flat on his ass.

The one person what we should have supported was the one person we attacked on a constant basis....not just as a coach.. but more so as a player. Are you familar with what happened when Hugo got nominated to Real Madrids all-centruy team as a starter?

Lets just put it that way..they attacked him again.

The problem aint Hugo and it aint the TV wars....

When we have players like Hermosillo, Zague, Galindo, Garcia, Carabjal that are put on pedastals and we put players like Sanchez in meat grinders... some thing is wrong. That is backward ass mentality. We give farewell games to players like Galingo and Hermosillo... and we just give Hugo a nice little award.. Sanchez exceled at the highest level. If Sanchez would have been born in England, Germany, Argentina, Italy..he would be considered one of the greatest of all time... What did Hermosillo do? He failed ...and in the Swiss league no less... wowwww.. and he returns a heroo.. Garcia...what oes he do? he comes back a failure...and a hero.... Sanchez.. what does he do? Kicks asss and he comes back a villian

Saying that.... i really dont care what this poll indicates considering the backward ass mentality some poepl have.

If it isnt these losses.. they will find something else to criticize him about.

Offtopic- A couple days before the Mexico-Crotia game...David Suker gave an interview... when asked what he knew about Mexico... he said he didnt know much about Mexico other than they like to play quick passes... when asked about the players.. he said he did not know one.... at the end of the interview.... he told the camera..."send my regards to Mr. Hugo Sanchez and his family"

its a shame he gets more respect abroad than in Mexico... but i guess a lot of people suffer from "meardeelculitis" and are are jealous.

13. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I think its a perception thing. I think most Mexican admire and love Hugo but there a lot of people who hate him and diss him. He definetely was in the middle of the wars. Once he went to Televisa to do the world cup, he became the devil to TV Azteca. They rarely had criticized him until he went to Japan/korea with the Televisa team in the WC. Not to say when he was a regular for them before becoming Pumas coach.

I think that there is a lot of storm because of him being outspoken. Hermosillo and Zague always shut up and do squat. But people like Hugo and Tomas Boy, who speak up a lot are totally hated. That why now I can't stand Marco Capetillo and that mentality against people who are outspoken.

As for Hermosillo, he failed in Belgium in Standard Leige.

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    fine player (no one here has a problem with that)

as a coach? he still raw
    he needs 2 more seasons at least.....wins or not, he needs the experience to manage a grp of 20

hopefully, he can line up more natives and gain more respect from media.

his rants and crying mode at the side line does not help in his quest (IMHO)

15. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Why do i waste my time with this...

cant believe a mod is taking a cheap shot at me .... with this poll... I guess it proves my point...

I didnt think you would consider this a cheap shot. Not when its compared to the insults you like to throw around when you cant prove your points. I meant this as a joke. As a Mod I apologise if i offended you..

Anyways the only problem with rdl is that he assumes to much. He says that i hate Televisa. never asks me why, then he assumes i like Tv Azteca. rdl claims i hate Hugol Sanchez, and then he assumes i prefer foreign coaches. I just think he likes to read and reread his own posts.

16. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Why do i waste my time with this...

I didnt think you would consider this a cheap shot. Not when its compared to the insults you like to throw around when you cant prove your points. I meant this as a joke. As a Mod I apologise if i offended you..

I know.. you dont need to apologize.. :D You see.. Efern is trying to turn us against one another... dont let your mind get clouded.

Anyways the only problem with rdl is that he assumes to much. He says that i hate Televisa. never asks me why, then he assumes i like Tv Azteca. rdl claims i hate Hugol Sanchez, and then he assumes i prefer foreign coaches. I just think he likes to read and reread his own posts.

VS....

I do recall you telling me and in fact praying to God that America did not win the Copa Libertadores... for 2 reasons... bragging rights.. and more importantly... Televisa is the root of all evil...

NOW... if I assume you hate Televisa, its because of comments like "Televisa is the root of all evil" and many others along those lines.

17. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Hugo

RDL..........Good points about Hugo coming back as a villian because of his success. He's the best Mexican player period, but he's not ready to coach el Tri.

Now, I'm not just saying this because of last week's results, his team has played the worst futbol imagineable, and it's going to happen from time to time. It's my opinion that he needs to prepare the 2010 team after he gains more experience and WINS a championship.

VS........Do you think that Beenhakker has kept up with the Mexican League? I don't know if he would be the best choice. My choice was also Bielsa but since the AFA scooped him up I'm undecided right now.

I am clear about this muchachos. I don't care if he's Mexican or Greek as long as the early results show that he's the right man for the job.

Lates,
    Levante

18. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Levante

RDL ...Good points about Hugo coming back as a villian because of his success. He's the best Mexican player period, but he's not ready to coach el Tri.

I doubt that Hugo Sanchez is hated in Mexico because of his sucess with Real Madrid. Im sure most mexicans are proud of his acomplishments.

The main reason why Hugo gets a lot of heat from the press and fans is because he talks too much smack. Similiar to what Maradona does from time to time.

I remeber when Hugol used to talk bad about Televisa. He now works for them. Things like this dont go unnoticed. What about his recent statements critisizing Torrado for getting his Spanish citizenship, saying that its cheating and taking advantage..

The only reason why i dont want him in the seleccion is because he promises more than he can deliver. He has yet to prove himself with Pumas. Hugo has not even won a League Championship and is allready talking about bringing home the World Cup.

Do yah still remeber when Hugo said he wouldnt coach the National team untill it had 30 to 40 players in Europe !?!? It seams to me that he changed his mind when Televisa (Lapuente) started to campaign for him..

Now if Lapuente and Carillo claim to give Hugol tips on tactics who do think will be running the National Team. I am now convinced that the next coach will be a foreigner to avoid these type of associations withing the National Team.

VS........Do you think that Beenhakker has kept up with the Mexican League? I don't know if he would be the best choice. My choice was also Bielsa but since the AFA scooped him up I'm undecided right now.

I really doubt it. Having worked in Mexico im sure he knows what to expect, knows how the Politrix in the FMF work and is aware of the capacity that the Mexican players have. I wouldnt mind having Leo Beenhakker who won his Classicos both with America and Chivas to be the TriColors next Coach..

19. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Levante

I doubt that Hugo Sanchez is hated in Mexico because of his sucess with Real Madrid. Im sure most mexicans are proud of his acomplishments.

I am not lying when i say this.. But he is hated more. I remember being a young kiddo in Mexico...and still they talked shyt about him.

When he left, they thought he was stupid and thought he would come back with his tail tucked between his legs.

When he said that he was going to return to Mexico a winner, they luaghed.

When he started to excel , they kept thier mouths shut because he was performing .. so the only way they could attack him was with off the field issues. They (media) mimicked him and made fun of him because he thought he was trying to act too spaniard and that he belittled the Mexican. He spent so many years in Spain, its only natural to pick up some of thier lingo (Too bad Negrete, Aguirre, Garcia, Villa, Palencia, Blanco couldnt do..they only stayed there briefly..so i guess they didnt pick up the lingo).. and they gave him shyt for that. They even said that he would rather be a spaniard than a poor Mexican and bla bla bla... soo.. after hearing and listening all these false accusations and stories... the people started dislike him.

The main reason why Hugo gets a lot of heat from the press and fans is because he talks too much smack. Similiar to what Maradona does from time to time.

Aside that they were both great players....

Maradona and Sanchez are totally different.

They are so different in mentality. Sanchez took care of his studies (orthodontist). Sanchez did not do the club scene noir the drug scene. In Many interviews that i have seen.. sanchez said that at first, his teammates did not like him because the fact he was Mexican... but even after he proved himself... Sanchez kept to himself alot. he didnt go out and get piss ass drunk.. He liked to travel and read and stuff and that is what he liked to do.

I dont remember the name of the reporter.. but he said that this reporter's basically gave him a new perspective and a new mentality... The reporter asked him what he expected to do in Spain... Sanchez, (being the good humble Mexican) responded with "I want to learn and help out my teammates as much as possible crap"... The reporter told him... hold up kiddo.. you are not here to learn..y ou are here to produce.. you want to learn..go back to your origins... Sanchez after the interview was speechless and basically thought about what that reporter had to say..

So when he came to Mexico and tried to implement that type of mentality.... they castrated him for it.. That is where all that crap about him trying to belittle Mexicans and stuff came about..

I remeber when Hugol used to talk bad about Televisa. He now works for them. Things like this dont go unnoticed. What about his recent statements critisizing Torrado for getting his Spanish citizenship, saying that its cheating and taking advantage..

He criticizes his current employer as well? Whats the difference?

I know many like that "Im the boss so I am right" mentality....bu its like my uncle tells his interns every year... "yo no quiero un si señor, yo lo quiero bien hecho y si me equivoco..dime! en vez de decir si señor"

Whether you agree with him or not.. at least he practices what he preaches... he doesnt mind Foreign players in Mexico... he just doesnt want mediocre players and especially ones with citizenhips for the sole purpose to stay in the MFL.

Sanchez never got his spanish citizenship and always played as a foreigner..

Do you really think Tiba or Mohammed would be around in the MFL 2 years from now if it wasnt for their citizenships? It kind of dilutes the compition dont you think?

The only reason why i dont want him in the seleccion is because he promises more than he can deliver. He has yet to prove himself with Pumas. Hugo has not even won a League Championship and is allready talking about bringing home the World Cup.

At least he promises... all the other ones talk about giving good performances.. Even Lapuente does not talk about it... he talks about quarterfinals and such... but never a WC.

Goes back to people hating him... He says that his dream is to win the WC with Mexico... and they luagh at him.

Proved himself...was the 1999 year a fluke? what about last season?

Can you honeslty tell me that Pumas has ever had a good team while he was there? Hellllll no and yet they still fight.

Do yah still remeber when Hugo said he wouldnt coach the National team untill it had 30 to 40 players in Europe !?!? It seams to me that he changed his mind when Televisa (Lapuente) started to campaign for him..

He said he would like to coach Mexico when they had 40 players in Europe because they would have a better chance at winning...

OHH god..... here come the indian prophecies .."rolleyes"

Now if Lapuente and Carillo claim to give Hugol tips on tactics who do think will be running the National Team. I am now convinced that the next coach will be a foreigner to avoid these type of associations withing the National Team.

Lapuente even gave Aguirre (your Osasuna boyfriend) tips.

Whats wrong with taking some advice from time to time? No one seems to discredit Aguirre or Romano or Herrera for taking advice from other coaches?

20. azul

azul New Member

Dec 2, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Hugo is a winner, and he would bring that attitude to the Mexican national team as their coach. He quite simply the best choice for the job.

21. toot86

toot86 New Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Long John Silver's
    I dont think is winner attitude works with world competition against other good teams..

Hey Hugo is good but lets not try to exploite this guy.., RONALDO is good Zidane is good but they are not trying to be coach .. They know they are good at some things but others not so well..

We are just over exploiting this poor man because he is the best thing to come out of mexico.. Thats alot to make him a super Man. He is just a guy that practiced alot and talked alot.. Jarred Borgetti is better then this guy but he is not offering to coach.

22. RIO17

RIO17 New Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Soon to be Denver,CO
    I love Hugo Sanchez and what he has done for my country. I appreciate all that he has accomplished and I will always praise him for opening the doors to Mexicans going abroad.

But Hugo Sanchez is not ready as a coach. He needs more experience. He also needs to calm his temper - he can sometimes really get himself in trouble, especially with that bastard Lavolpe, who just seems to be finding ways to pick at him and never leave him alone.

If Hugo Sanchez takes over the national team and fails - he will be ridiculed once again and treated like garbage. I personally do not want this to happen. I grew up respecting this man for his great Colgate ® commercials :D and his awesome football accomplishments :thumbup: - I don't want him to lose his respect.

I want him to develop more before becoming our National Team manager. I know for a fact that Hugo Sanchez will one day lift us to become a great football nation, and open the doors wider for our football to develop abroad and at home. But we all have to be patient - I'm sure none of us would like to see him fall so quickly.

Joe

23. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Ok Toot you are just stupid and this has got to be the stupidest thing ever. If you truly think that Borguetti would have become the top foreing scorer in La Liga, you are insane.

24. toot86

toot86 New Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Long John Silver's

All hugo sanchez did was practice on first strike or hitting the ball at first site.. Like de nigris and Borgetti these guys arent better then any other midfielders they just perfected the art of hitting the ball where it counts and good.. We hype hugo alot only because he was good in europe doesnt mean he should run for president none the less Coach of the national team..

He didint even score as much with the NT

25. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Ok Its official. Toot is an Idiot.

You are the one hyping players like Denigris, who have done jack squat. Hugo became the second leading scorer in La Liga history, number one foreigner scorer ever and 5 times pentapichichi. He was Mexico all time player, whether you like it or not. Ask Blanco, Palencia, Villa, Negrete, Flores and Abuelo Cruz how tough La Liga is. Hugo is the only one to get to the elite. Also you have got to take into account that Mexico NT was crap when Hugo played. 6th spot in the world nonwithstanding, it was in the Pre-Menotti era where Mexico crapped their pants before even getting to the fields when they were facing the big teams. When the Team finally got to his standards, he was too old. Still he contributed as his copa america 93 shows.

There shouldn't even be a doubt. Anyone who doesn't think Hugo is the best mexican player is an idiot and should be used as an example of idiocy. Especially with those kind of arguments.