Who Should I Support?

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by dbzclips, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I was wondering the same thing recently, since I get bored over the summer months and wanted a summer league side to join Eire's Bohemian, and for numerous reasons ended up picking Toronto. I'm starting to think that wasn't a good idea.

2. Taoism

Taoism Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Out of curiosity, why the regret?

Cheers!

3. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Danny bloody Dichio is our current all-time top goalscorer!

It makes the mind boggle. It really does.

4. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all-time top goalscorer in 1 INCOMPLETE SEASON! There will be others including the DP who hasn't been signed yet. Meanwhile, they're one of maybe 3 MLS sides that provides an entertaining atmosphere and plays a pretty game. In fact, ever since I joined their camp, TFC has been spoiling me when I go to watch another MLS game and find that it isn't anywhere near as fun.

5. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    My tongue was firmly placed in-cheek.

6. jloome

jloome Member

May 18, 2007
    Edmonton
    Given the rabid home support and the aforementioned huge swaths of Canadians in Florida (and we apologize for the fat guys in speedos, by the way); and given that you can watch them for free online via streaming video with the best commentators in the league; and given that they have enough supporter clubs to pick from to keep you busy for quite some time, it's gotta be Toronto!

J

7. LeftcoastReddevil

LeftcoastReddevil New Member

May 19, 2007
    Vancouver BC

You should support Miami FC of the USL, that way you get the priviledge of seeing the Whitecaps play.

But if you have to decide on an MLS club pick the New England Revolution. I like watching Twellman and I find that the Revs play an entertaining style of football. They are my second pick after Toronto.

I support Toronto because they are "the only Canadian team in MLS", and not because I like Toronto. No western Canadian easily admits to liking anything about Toronto. It's a hockey thing.

I don't think my support of TFC is going to last that long actually. Any day now I expect TFC supporters to refer to "the only Canadian team in MLS" as "Canada's team" and when that happens thats it for me. Then I will know that TFC supporters are nothing more than Leafs fans who wear red and white. And everybody knows the Leafs Suck!

So, try the Revs. Forget about DC, nobody really likes them. And don't forget about Miami FC.

8. jamesfitzgibbon

jamesfitzgibbon New Member

May 29, 2007
    Toronto
    Hey, buddy - fuuuck you, okay?