Who Should I Be Listening To?

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by Spartacus, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    I was going to post this as a poll, but apparently that option no longer exists.

So, that said, who do you favor listening to for radio calls?

SEN
    Triple-M
    ABC
    or Other?

Let me know your thoughts since that's how I get my live footy.

2. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's weird... you should still be able to do polls.

There's only one choice for me, and that's Triple M.

In that spirit, the Saturday afternoon team of James Brayshaw, Brian Taylor, Garry Lyon and Danny Frawley were in mid-season form already today, for the Round 1 Collingwood v Fremantle clash.

Excellent stuff from them today.

3. head butt the ball

Mar 31, 2008
    ABC is pretty good

4. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ABC just signed Steven Quartermain to anchor its broadcasts of the Sunday night games. That, in itself, should make it worth listening to.

Even if you have to turn over from the completion of Triple M's coverage of the main Sunday game. :D

5. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    If I could just remember when the "superstars" were on and on what station.

Let's see, Dennis Cometti on 3AW with Rex Hunt on Saturday?

And Stephen Quartermain on Auntie on Sunday?

Am I missing anything?

6. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To top off the Sunday evening coverage, Eddie McGuire is calling those games on SEN -- in direct competition with his former Network Ten and Triple M colleague Steven Quartermain.

Not to mention, Brayshaw and Taylor on Triple M have reached that "superstar" status, for Friday nights and Saturday afternoons, most definitely.

7. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    AAAGH! Too many choices! And since evening coverage usually happens in the wee small hours of the morning here on the Pacific coast (daylight time), the afternoon coverage is prime listening time for me.

So, Brayshaw and Taylor on Triple M vs. Cometti and Hunt on 3AW on Saturday afternoons, then...right? There's a heavyweight showdown.

Anyone else puzzled by the pairing of Cometti and Hunt, by the way? They seem a bit polar opposite to me...the understated punning of Cometti against the flamboyant Hunt?

8. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    SEN has the most in depth and the best football coverage in my opinion. And if you want to listen to some desent talkback, tune into Finey's Final Siren after the Friday night and Sunday night games, you never know who might call in! :D