Who Should Be the Next US Men's National Coach?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by USAsoccer1, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unai Emery

Valencia!!:cool:

2. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Much like Bob Bradley.

3. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Sidefootsitter. Minya would be my backup.

4. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    As SFS seemingly red carded (blacklisted), I'm honored to take on this underpaid job.

5. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Good luck. :)

6. USAsoccer1

USAsoccer1 Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you call this, I will bow at your feet. WOW, WOW, WOW. Maybe...Now you got trapped in a glass box again. I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. When I started this thread, in my heart I felt it was coming. People commented rumor, rumor, rumor and look it happened. There is a chance you are calling your shot, if your right you are the GREAT Bambino!

7. briansnat

briansnat Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hey, it's no crazier than Pia Sundhage

8. USAsoccer1

USAsoccer1 Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every time I start to like, you say something like this to help my realize why I don't like you. You want our Team to lose every game???What is wrong with you??? Whatever:mad:Now I understand why people write quotes, Whatever decision that leaves Mr. Warmth...Cold.It all makes sense now:cool:

9. xjzico

xjzico New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    If we narrow to just American coaches, why is Schellas Hyndman off this list?

10. soccerdad1150

soccerdad1150 Member

Sep 22, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a flyer if I've ever seen ONE. Briansnat if you are correct, I will BOW down and kiss your A$$. And buy your beer at every Nat game I attend. Beginning with Philly. Never thought I would NOT go to a USA-MEX game in Philly (my home town and current domicile), but that WAS the case before today. I was voting with my wallet. I'll be there, though, now that we'll have a new manager.

11. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would make me no different that the people who wanted to crash out before the GC final so Bob would be fired immediately.

12. TFC USA

TFC USA New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    A non-MLS/American coach.

Swallow the American pride, people.

13. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    You aren't "right".....in more ways than one....

14. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha ha ha. I have to admire your stubborness. Going down with a sinking ship. Ha ha ha. US Soccer does not want your coach Bob Bradley any longer. Nothing you say will change it. Got it???

Redirect your energy toward other things rather than spending your time defending your coach. He will no doubt go coach another team. Go support that team. And leave us alone.

15. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    It ain't the X's and the O's....it's the Willys and the Joes...Bradley did well with the "talent" available....as you, and others, are about to find out.

It'll take a total blowing up of the youth system to effect real change but as long as "winning" games for 12 year olds is the priority over actually DEVELOPING players then it's gonna be a tough few years.

The talent just isn't there.....and that ain't changing overnight.

16. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bradley did what he did with the talent he chose to consider available. How well he did by the USMNT you are about to find out.

17. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hiddink or Klinsmann

18. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

Fair enough....the silly basket did'nt consider all the Messis' Rooneys'Xavis'and Iniestas' lying about Stateside.....

19. USAsoccer1

USAsoccer1 Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. I wouldn't like them either 2. You just associated yourself with those yahoo's...It's just sad,:(

20. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you always quote yourself?

21. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop this. Most people just feel Bradley and he was under using the talent available because of it.

22. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Doubt his wife is very happy about this previously unreported development.

23. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the thing is, he didn't do well with the talent available. People and commentators overwhelmingly disagree with your position. As does Sunil and the USSF.

24. USAsoccer1

USAsoccer1 Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This stread should close now since we know the coach...The best thing about it is that we do not need to ready any more negative quotes from Mr. Warmth...Go Klinsman

25. zhe fulano

zhe fulano Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 31, 2010
    Florida Keys, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't agree with the canning of Bradley, but I do think Klinsmann is an excellent replacement.

For the USMNT to move forward, a blue blood, Euro-snob coach with a big resumé won't be enough. Understanding (1) American culture and (2) American soccer culture are two necessary and essential assets that would be required but which very few foreign coaches could bring to the table. Jurgen has them. Combining these with the talents Herr Klinsmann brings both as a player and as a coach - both at the top tier - and I am left cautiously optimistic.

Given the USMNT's unique situation and needs, this may very be the best man for the job...period.