Who should be given caps for the NATS?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by futbol571, Jun 19, 2003.

1. futbol571

futbol571 New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Who should be given their 1st cap or more caps?
    My personal opinion is try Freddy Adu!!!

IGNORE DAMANI RALPH!!! He's an international ... sorry :(

2. kyle60099

kyle60099 New Member

Feb 1, 2003
    Chicago
    i dotn believe damani ralph can be cap by the US.

3. Crazy_Quakes_Fan

Crazy_Quakes_Fan New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    San Mateo, CA
    CAP FREDDY NOW! (Just kidding.)

Gibbs and Eskandarian have both been capped. Among those listed, I'd like to see Oguchi get capped most, with Conor Casey next on that list.

4. futbol571

futbol571 New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Houston, TX
    You're right ... damn :(

OK ignore that option

5. futbol571

futbol571 New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Surprised ... where are all the Adu lovers?

6. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    he's 14 freaking years old, can't you give it a couple years?

7. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Has to be Clark. He is the real deal. Only thing against him is youth and experience. He should be the regular D-mid for the Nats within two years.

Have the mods edit the poll getting Ralph out of there and put in Dunivant.

8. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I say get Gooch out there, we need as many quality defenders as we can get.

9. futbol571

futbol571 New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Can some moderator do this for me please? Thanks!

10. futbol571

futbol571 New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Looks like Ricardo Clark needs a callup :)

11. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    I would like to see Adu capped with the senior national team in a friendly. What press that would get a 14 old playing with the big side. How cool would that be? He would be on letterman.

I wanted Donovan to be capped when he was 16 as well.

All Adu would have to do is alter his game slightly. Can't take on double teams, and would have to play smart when taking on people in general. I would like him to play left flank he is fast, and can really cross the ball with his left foot.

He can take on the first player by moving from out to inside, and then moving into the space on the flank that that move created. Then he has to move inside the field after beating that first defender to stay away from the double team you get if you stay on the flank with the ball.

He should be a short pass option for anybody with the ball on his flank and anyone in the middle. Includes the keeper. Then pass and move and keep beating his first defender.

He would look good doing that. He can't wait up field for a long ball. they will hurt him doing that.

I predict he will be on pur WC 2006 team in Germany at 17.

12. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    Clark a very good player. He moves up in the flow of the attack, and now he is getting some shots off in the flow of the attack.

When should we cap him? When he starts scoring in the flow of the attack. He has not done that as yet. As soon as he starts scoring off that movement. Then cap him he will be a dangerous player when he starts doing that. he will be asset to our team when that happens.

13. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Why wait until he starts scoring in the flow? He is a D-mid. He is better offensively than either Armas or Mastro right now. The question is can he hold his own defensively? Is he ready for the international stage? I hope that Bruce wants to let him get his first year of proffesional ball under his belt and then start working him in.

14. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    In todays game the lines between a defensive mid and an offensive mid are blured. You win the ball you become an offensive mid. Lose the ball an offensive mid becomes a defensive mid by getting behind the ball.

He needs to attack, as well as defend and reverse the field of play. He also is the guy who gets the first pass from the backs in the middle of the field when playing a possession game.

Guys that can just defend, and are ordinary in the attack are a dime a dozen.

Bruce should talk to him, and put a little pressure on him by informing him what he wants to see from him before he can call him up to national team.

Richie

15. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By process of elimination, I voted for......

FREDDY ADU!

16. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    No one. Let them earn it.

Sachin

17. futbol571

futbol571 New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Talent ... earns a callup to a National Team.

No one would be giving this to them because of their winning personalities.

18. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Re: Re: Who should be given caps for the NATS?

I don't think he plays with enough abandon after he comes forward. It seems like he likes to be back and center of the attack and I wonder if he is concerned about getting back defensively. If so, his coach should talk to him and encourage letting go and just running with the flow of the game.