Who should be brought in for the defence

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by stephen4, Oct 30, 2004.

1. stephen4

stephen4 New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Scotland
    My choice would be Boumsong because along with Klos he's the only class player at Rangers Balde on the other hand is overrated and will give away too many fouls with his wild lunges. Zander Diamond of Aberdeen should also be bought as one for the future.

2. GeordieInExile

GeordieInExile New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Music City, USAye
    Boumsong, Michael Dawson, or at a push - Huth. We need someone with experience though.

3. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

This defence thing has been going on since pre Keegan days. Our attacking play is outstanding, but theres one or to players not playing the game when is comes to defending, not mentioning any names but ROBERT needs a quick kick up the arse. I cant wait till Jan. to see who he brings in, and ships out.

4. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Robert Huth.

If he can be pried from Chelsea somehow, he is a stable, strong, powerful centre back.
    He's young and talented and can be the cornerstone of a defence for years to come and will only get better in the coming years!

THis guy is a great player.

5. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

We are supposed to be involved In a player exchange, with Dyer going the other way + cash.

6. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Dyer at Chelsea

dont make me laugh

7. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

He has a party trick though. Involves - 3 team mates, a skirt, hotel room and a coupla hours. He'd fit right in playing for Chelsea.

8. STURDYTOON

STURDYTOON New Member

Dec 1, 2004

Just joined up so go easy on me - but i think we need to splash the cash and buy big

mellberg would cost but he's quality
    Huth's good but young
    boumsong plays in scotland for godsake how easy is that league!!
    Dawson is good but too young

we need a wise head at the back for a few season i feel

1st post from me how was it? :)

9. PYordan

PYordan New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Pamplona, Spain
    talk about killing two birds with one stone...

10. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kieron Dyer is like shooting yourself in the foot!
    He's a a decent player with some pace but thats it! He's TROUBLE, too arrogant, not international calibre, maybe he could get a runout for Scotland but England, with SWP, Downing, Jenas,etc all now finding themselves in position to take his spot, hmm no chance!

CHELSEA will be weakening their team by adding Dyer and Newcastle will be adding by subtraction.

I NOT FOR ONE SECOND believe Chelsea want Kieron Dyer, wait check that with Winston Bogarde gone, Chelsea do have a spot for a terrible player who doesn't wanna work for a pay check and as such will get to train with the youth team and nothing more! it's the Bogarde position, a soon to be Dyer position!