Who shoud be called to the costa rica squad for the world cup?

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by soccer krazy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998

thats a shame. I know many other costa ricans that have played in MLS have been called up before what has changed all that?

2. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    The problem with MLS is that its a very short tournament, which IMO doesn´t help to raise the level of the league.

3. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998
    The season is 32 games long plus US open games which add another 1 or 2 depending how far you go plus if your a decent side and make the playoffs thats
    at least two extra games. which means every team plays at least 33 games with a max of 38 games if you win the MLS cup. Thats not including the friendlys that
    most MLS teams play against euro teams. I dunno that seems long enough granted its not the EPL but its still long enough.

4. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    Players in MLS have long vacations...

5. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998

Thats a fact but It doesn't detract from the League overall. The fact of the matter is that MLS has groomed players that go to top euro leagues. I dont know if the same can be said about the CRL.

6. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Please GM don't get me wrong I do like MLS but MLS destroys our good players, a few examples for you

alejandro Sequeira, one of the top scorers of the CRL, then we went to the MLS and now he plays in el salvador
    Roy myers, he was the star of the stars, when he came back to CR he has slow and his magic was gone, he finished playing in the 2nd division
    Eric scott, he was a rising star, then he went to the MLS and now he is the 7th forward for Alajuela
    Pablo Brenes, he was the MVP of the CROlympicNT in Greece, he went to the MLS, now he is a Saprissa B player
    Andy Herron, he has always sucked, now he sux even more, no chance of making the WCNT

I hope douglas Sequeira doesn't end like them.

7. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998
    I know that always strikes me as strange Costa ricans just don't thrive in MLS for some strange reason. I know that Winston Park was good when he played here the first time around but aside from him that's really it. That's why I said Segares deserves a look, he is Costa Rican but he plays like a US defender. Costa Rica has a history of poor defending and Segares could help out with that. Costa Rica is in germanys and polands group which means CR will be facing Strikers that are tall and physical and Segares handles those types of players in MLS frequently.

8. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    centeno isn't on the team? that's crazy.

and herron does indeed suck.

9. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    You have a good point with Segares, the thing is that almost noone knows about him here in CR, he needs to be called for a couple of friendlies so he can show up and look for a spot in the WC
    I have seen him playing in different defensive areas, CB and LSB right? we need a fast and tall LSB cause we lack left defenders

10. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

centeno surely is on the team.... he is saprissa's midfield heart, and the NT's too.

Herron sux big time.

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    have you guys been thinking in our WC team?
    right now it should be

Porras
    Martinez-Marin-????-????
    Hernandez-centeno-bolanos-????
    Gomez-Wanchope

who will be in those ???? spots?

12. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    I think Kurt Bernard and Max Sanchez from Puntarenas FC deserve a chance in the CRMNT, at least in one of the friendlies.

13. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    yes maybe in a friendly.... but i won't like to see them in the WC

Max es puro corazon, le pone muchos huevos, pero en el rol de el prefiero ver a Douglas Sequeira
    Kurt es muy inestable tambien

But a friendly will be fine...

14. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Segares is on the bench at Chicago fire and i doubt he will get out of that spot since Fire have some already great defenders and they even got Jeff Curtin, Jim Curtins younger brother.

15. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Douglas Sequeira will probably end up in the bench if Real Salt Lake have any luck with College draftees and on top of that Eddie Pope,Nelson Akwari,Robert Scarlett and even fellow Costa Rican Daniel Torres are all great defendersm , not to mention the Guatemalan defender Gustavo Cabrera.

16. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Sequeira is not with chivas anymore, he is with RSL

17. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    Douglas Sequeira has been a mediocre player his whole life. Not one of my favorites.

18. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    Kurt Bennard:eek:

who has seen that muther f....... free kicks:cool:
    defenitley would make a great addtion

19. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yo fellas,

What kind of a team are you guys bringing to Oakland to play Korea?

20. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    B+ team,

21. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    i'll give him one friendly, if he shows up and scores i might give him another friendly.... but no WC for him... no way

22. pura_vida362

pura_vida362 Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Mississauga, Canada
    Leonardo Gonzalez on the left of that defence. the right will prob be wallace.
    I think Danny Fonseca or Mauricio Solis will be added in the midfield. playing a definsive midfielder role.

23. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    I think its an A- team, all players except Gilberto Martinez from Brescia and Parks from Lokomotiv.

24. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Parks is out of Lokomotiv.... like 4 months ago titan... or is he back with them?

25. pura_vida362

pura_vida362 Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Mississauga, Canada
    yea where is parks right now? i havent heard from him in a while.