Who just caught Wynalda on ESPNews 4:55pm EST?

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by subbuteo, Nov 8, 2004.

1. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should have. Good, lengthy discussion with him. Well done.

2. ripmstr

ripmstr New Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Orlando Fl
    He did an excellent job.

Is anybody and ESPN Insider to read his entire chat online?

3. Wallydrag

Wallydrag BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 24, 2002
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was it known before hand that he was going to be on ESPN news?

4. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed it. What did he say?

5. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    Bah.

I caught the interview with Notre Dame's womens coach, but didn't know Waldo would be on.

6. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Yes, they announced the womens div 1 soccer pairings with Tommy Smyth and some columnist from LA(with input from ND's coach) - the show was conducted like they do the the NCAA Mens BBall selection show. It started at 4:30 and went for about 20 minutes.

Good soccer clips, not really any meaty discussions, but at least 20 minutes of soccer hype, so that was great.

At the end, they said Eric Wynalda was coming up to discuss MLS cup final and soccer in general. That interview lasted about 5-7 minutes hosted by Bryan Kenney who "admitted" to being a soccer guy.

They talked about MLS Cup, Freddy, and the impact of MLS with developing young players and the national team. Eric did very well, looked extremely relaxed, made very good points in the short amount of time, and it was a very positive segment for soccer in general.

Just the fact that they promoted a 30 minute segment for the women's college pairings and then an interview on ESPNews was great.

To note, next Monday(11/15) at 4:30 EST, they will be doing the men's college selection pairings for 30 minutes - might be another similar interview, although maybe not with Eric

7. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wasn't HRH Grahame Jones, was it? Did the person have a big mustache and a British accent?

8. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Thankfully, it was not the dear old Jones - he had a beard, looked a little heavy, and no accent. I just cant remember the name, but I got the impression it was someone who helps cover women's college soccer alot.

Maybe someone else who saw it remembers the name.

9. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scott French?

10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no doubt that Bryan is a soccer guy. If you keep espn2 on after Champions League broadcasts, sometimes he'll chat in-studio with Tommy Smyth about what's going on in Europe and MLS. It's obvious he enjoys having those discussions.