Who is the most talented player on Corean NT?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by coreaforever, Nov 22, 2004.

1. coreaforever

coreaforever BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 13, 2004
    U.S.
    i would have to say Lee Chun-Soo for now because of his consistent play and effort everytime he is on the field.

2. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    Wasn't there a thread about this already?? Oh well here we go:

Park Ji Sung

His work ethic and stamina should be a motto for all Koreans.

I like Lee Chun Soo and Choi Sung Guk. They have similar style of play but I think Choi Sung Guk has wicked fast feet.

3. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    Contrary to popular belief, NT players are not all that different in terms of raw speed in ,say, 100 m dash. Choi Sungguk and Lee Tongguk are about the same(12secF). Choi may have better acceleration which is very important. The only guys distinctively fast are Cha doori , Choi Taewook, Lee chonsoo. Possibly Chung Kyongho.

On the other side of coin, no one is really slow in Korean NT. Even LeeTG is somewhat faster than av.(he did some track while in highschool) No one is over 13 sec in 100 m dash. Slower ones come generally around 12.5 and they tend to play defense.

4. Anaheim

Anaheim Member

Oct 2, 2001
    New Zealand
    This may be true, but with a ball, Choi would be a hell of a lot faster than Lee.

5. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    the fastest i say is cha doo ri, lee chun soo also busan icons kim yong hee is fast too....

6. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Speed alone does not make one talented. IMO, Choi Sung Gook is the most talented. Best player now is probably Park Ji Sung - he got the most votes in a previous thread.

7. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    He plays for Eintracht Frankfurt.
    Most of us here, in Korea and in Germany will roll over laughing if you say he's the most talented.

Whoah this was a reply for the post below.

8. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    from what I have seen of South Korea in the past couple of years, I really fancy Cha Doo-ri as the most talented. He's fast, a team-worker, acurate when passing and shooting, and a man who enjoys his game most importantly.

I haven't seen him at club level though, so can't judge consistency.

By the way, what team does he play for at club level?

9. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Whoa! How did that happen? In computer terminology, that is called a "race condition."

10. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    최성국 is definetely talented and quick on the ball. He just needs to make better decisions with the ball. Although highly talented with it, he seems to run into blind alleys leaving the attack with no where to go. But whatever, he's like 20? So he's definetely one of Korea's rising stars.

차두리 is a killer on the wings...if he only knew what the hell he's doing. He's definetely talented, and I wish that talent would someday translate into something amazing.

I think that 설기현 could be our most talented if he were only a little more consistant with his play. Sometimes he seems like a monster, others, like a mouse. That being said, probably, due his consistancy, 박지성 is probably best player. He always seems to a position on the pitch. I just wish that he'd translate that into more goals for himself.

11. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    I think Cha Du Ri is grossly underestimated by the guys here in the forum. We're extra hard on him cause he's the son of the legend ;) . I think Cha is just lacking confidence. He gots the right tools.

12. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Hmm. He has not been scoring much at NT or club level in his career. So, you may have wrong data point on Cha.

At club level, he has been struggling in Germany as he scored a few goals in two years. He started or/and finished many of those games at forward position so he really has no execuse.

Cha is fast but as I have said in earlier reply, it alone does not make him talented. In fact, I believe he is not talented at the position he plays - a striker/forward.

13. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    you may be right! I got to revise my Eastern Asian football then.

I definitely remember him well from the Kuwait match though, he was brilliant that day, scored 3rd out of 4 :confused: we'll get you back one day :D

Good luck in the qualifiers :)

14. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Thanks, Ilbaasha. Good luck to your team also.

I hope Kuwait can restore some its past glory. I used to hate Kuwait because they *seem* to beat Korea everytime. In fact I even started a thread on "Rise and Fall of Kuwait" some time back.

15. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    [nitpick]
    Hardly a race condition if he wrote a reply for the post that was below his :p
    [/nitpick]

16. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    cha is better off playing rugby

17. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    Park Ji Sung and Lee Chun Soo, no questions asked...

if i were to put another player who is under the shadow, despite his skills i say Song Chong Guk, he is moved to back 3 of the defense now ... and he is not shining as he was during the world cup, i think he is a great, hard working player

Lee Young Pyo is good too but i think he lacks somethings to go in offense

18. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    LOL. So true...

Maybe American football.

19. GitongaSimba

GitongaSimba New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    New York City
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Actually, my vote for most talented Korean footballer goes to YP Lee. YP Lee, even back in WC2002, had a keen sense of space, much more so than CG Song, despite the fact that the latter was more heralded. YP Lee has become very strong on the ball, distributes the ball well, and goes forward only when he thinks he can beat the man he's marking back in a foot race (you'll never see YP caught too far forward, because he's calculating how fast and far he's got to run back, thereby giving the impression that he's not going forward very frequently). There's a reason that he starts every bloody game, and he plays regular Champions League football to boot. People complain that he can't cross accurately. Well you know what, it's not the wing-back's job to get in crosses, it's up to the midfielders (erm, if CS Lee is so talented, how come he can't bloody cross? CS Lee is the Korean Gronkjaer--brilliant and talented, but simply not consistent enough).

20. coreaforever

coreaforever BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 13, 2004
    U.S.
    yea....i like Lee Y.P. alot also...but the stance on him always in position....let's just say IF Vieri had his left foot on the cross in the 90' during the Corea Vs Italia match he would have been lynched....

21. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    At the end of the 2002 World Cup, I felt YP Lee was the most talented amongst our players. I even got a shirt with his then number 10 and Y P Lee on the back.

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just saw the game PSV-Arsenal, and i have to say that Lee Y-P is good, really good.. And Park to, but Lee was better today.

23. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Player that first came to my mind was Lee Young Pyo.
    He is quite but effective on the field. His crosses are deadly and can do better stepover than Choi Sung Guk :)

I never really thought Lee Chun Soo to be Korea's best player. His play is usually comes and goes. Some day his good, other day he isn't.

Park Ji Sung also came to my mind. The only thing he need to improve is shooting(it goes to rest of Korean player as well).

24. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    Lee Chun Soo's playing style has changed so much, you can clearly see it.. he's been playing his hearts out every game and he has the heart of goal getter, he wants to score so bad... i love that about him

You compare Choi Sung Guk's step over to Lee YP, thats the funnest joke i ever heard... i wouldnt even call Choi's moves step over..

Lee Young Pyo's cross are pretty accurate and deadly, but i wish he would learn to use his left foot more... He has started to try his left foot not too long ago and I can see he is trying but he needs to use his left foot more.. even more because he does play on the left side of the field.

25. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    The beautiful thing about football? It's got something for everyone... well anyone in reasonable shape.
    Lee Young-pyo can be an effective left sided player even playing off a right foot. It's just a different style. In fact, some players prefer to play on the opposite flank as their foot.