Who Is Running The Club

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by topjimmy, Dec 18, 2003.

1. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

Jul 16, 2003
    california
    TOP OF DIV.2, 15,000+ AT EACH HOME MATCH AND NOW THEY SAY THEY MIGHT HAVE TOO SELL PLAYERS, WHAT A JOKE

2. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect the club will mostly remain intact through the season, with little money available to other teams to purchase players and with it looking like QPR will at least be able to make payroll even without new investors (since reports are that current board members would put up enough money to see that happen).

I think the reality is we've probably got an extremely high budget for playing staff compared to most of Division Two and the reason we'd probably be pretty good in Division One right now is because we're on a Division One budget.

Still, I don't expect us to lose anyone during the transfer window except possibly Carlisle. He's playing so well that we might not feel we can afford to re-sign him even if we go up, so selling him for something might be considered, rather than letting him walk away on a free. With the support he got after his recent troubles, he might feel some loyalty to the club and be willing to re-sign with a deal similar to Shittu's (that is shorter if we don't go up).

I think they're going to try to keep this team together and push for promotion. If we don't go up and no new investment is found, this team will be totally torn apart. The stakes certainly don't get much higher.

3. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Despite the rumours (and worthless reporting from the Evening Substandard) I'm still confident, like Atouk, that the team will remain completely together and we'll go up as champions.

The Davies quotes to the press have sent off a snowball of speculation. But (just my opinion based on some chit chat with other supporters), I think he put the words out there to further investment talk. Not to seriously put anyone on the market. Olly would be far too furious if they wanted to sell Rowlands. Day is too valuable, and probably not rated by bigger clubs (he got a look at Palace before). There can be no way a Premier League club wants Birch, God bless him, but no way. Carlisle might be the only tricky one (as Atouk mentioned) and thats only down to the contract.

As I said, Im still optomistic that the mess will be solved (or more likely pushed back further) in order for this season to be a success. The board know what a huge chance we have this year and are not willing to rick it.