Who is next to waive Bye Bye?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by j1mbr0wn, Apr 3, 2009.

1. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, so we all have our favorite candidates for sending down the road. Let's see what the people say.

2. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be shocked if it wasnt Zimmerman.

3. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, you replied before the poll was even open! :eek::D

4. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am just that good:D

j1m did u vote for vallo? I hope you are smarter than that.

He will not be waived he has a guarenteed contract.

5. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing is guarenteed in this life except death. Even taxes have loopholes. A contract like his is a deterrent, not a lock. The deterrent is offset by how poorly he plays and how expensive he is to the cap.

6. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EDIT...forgot we are carrying four keepers so i would throw boss in there too.

even if we did cut him he would still count against our cap to the tune of 200K, so no i dont think we will cut him. To the fo it is better to have a player on the bench taking up 200K in cap space than it is to have someone not even on this team taking up 200K in capspace.

7. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Boss is going to be either a) on the season ending disabled list, or b) let go. Because right now we have 25 players - so we need to cute TWO to fit Pacheco. Boss is one of them, most probably.

The other one CAN be Pietravallo - we'd just have to eat all of this contract worth $205,000.

But I think it's likely it's either Boyens or Mendes.

It won't be Zimmerman unless they get another Senior to agree to a Developmental contract like Mbuta did. (Zimmerman takes up one of the Developmental slots)

8. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boss is the next, we don't need four goalkeepers and beside Duffy is a better prospect than him, tall, cheap, younger and better...But the problem is we need two to go, Boss and Boyens...

Zimmerman is a Dev. and don't count in the Roster Payroll, so what you will win with his departure, nothing... Boss salary ($ 34,000) + Echeverry ($ 80,000) + Pietra (225,000) and we have enough money for the DP to sign a CAM that we need to complete the club....And beside Zimmerman is already better than fuc*king Pietra....

9. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot Borman. The player will be an international.

10. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Borman stay, he is of to much value to terminate him now, we don't have who to back Pacheco and Smith...I put my money in Boyens or Goldy....

11. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, Borman has shown he's got something to offer. Since he's so cheap, I'd keep him.

As for the big salary of Pietravallo, guys, don't forget we have a giant Jozy allocation to use up. This is the year to ditch the guy, while we have the money to keep it from hurting us. I'd rather keep around young guys that may develop than a journeyman that's used to bouncing around anyway.

12. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I put Boss up there because if he does come off the DL, one of our keepers has to go. However, if he's on the DL, he doesn't count on roster numbers or cap, I think. If that's true, keeping him doesn't impact us at all (except to have one more guy pushing the other three keepers.)

13. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I agree with you in this, and beside we have not back up for Pacheco or Smith, Goldy and Boyens are just garbage....They are over the hill, don't expect more from them, they give already what ever they will give in they career, they have nothing more to give and what they are giving is a mediocre soccer and is time that we send packing all the mediocres player if we want to become contenders and in the news day after day....

For this stupid mentality of keeping this kind of player for to long, Magee, Goldy, Wally, etc. etc, we don't have the money or room to sign others players, like Kessel, Baba and a dozen of others, loosing the opportunity of have a better team, a wining team....Because the only they usually offer them is a misery as a salary and they have too look some place else or don't play freaking soccer no more....Even USL pay three or more times than they wanted to pay to this kids...What a shame...

14. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Now you understand my point of view, that's why I fight for the Guilky's, the Borman's, the Palacio's and a bunch of young players that they had letting go to keep for to long garbage like Magee and new ones like Pietra, Rojas, Boyens and Goldy...

If you will bring experienced players like Celades $ 125,000.00 beautiful, and something, anything they can teach to the youngsters will be a win, win situation, but international bums like Rojas, Cichero, Echeverry, Pietra and nationals like Reyna, what the fu*ck you will do if they get sick like Reyna, keep them until they get the moneys they came here to make period... and besides this people are to old and the next year you will be in problem again because you have to look a new player for each one of them and like this, year after year you will spend you time, not signing new players to improve the team, but just to fill the empty spot with any garbage you can find....Like the Goldy's and Boyen's...

15. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering Goldshitz and Petrosuko cost us about $300,000 of cap space or more it is really showing how bad htme being with us really is.

16. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know Borman is cheap at $33,000 and so is Mbuta, but I am pretty sure it has to be an international. I don't think it is Boyens because he has been decent. Goldy is not an international and he didn't have a bad game when he played inside except of course getting beaten at the end against New England and of course those stupid yellow cards he gets. Its just that Pacheco is an international and they need to clear an international spot. Borman did look decent at outside left back (he did not look good at any time in midfield). If it is not Mbuta, it can only be Borman because I just don't see Boyens being let go. I would love to see Pietravallo go, but his guaranteed contract almost guarantees it is not him. He would have been gone already if they had an excess in allocation money. Regarding Jozy's transfer fee, only $500,000 could be used for allocation money. The rest of the 2/3 of $10M gets used elsewhere doing what, I don't know.

17. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    We only need the spot, International we have 10 spots and only nine players, so, no matter who gone we only need the spot...

Borman never he stay, is the only who can play LB and LW to back up Pacheco and Khano and will be much better than Boyens and Goldy in they better days, remember he is only 22 and has a lot of time ahead, Boyens and Goldy are in they 27s and never learn nothing and they never will...

What can happen is: That they can do a deal with Borman, guarantee him a 60 thou or something alike as a Senior after Boss come back from disability and ask him to accept a Dev spot until them...

18. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    boyens and boyens.

19. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can we add osorio to the poll?:mad:

20. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That's why I come to this thread to say that...I become to slow man...

21. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont forget to add Agoos.

22. Mageegrl7

Mageegrl7 New Member

May 3, 2004
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I would be happy just to see Goldthwaite on the bench. Wishful thinking: Goldthwaite off the team.

Actuality? I am thinking Wolyniec. We were down one goal today and needed more offense. Well, there was only one forward on the bench. What does Osario do? Sticks in a midfielder.

23. austinwetherby

austinwetherby New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    woly should have been gone, he has scored how many goals in the last how many seasons, yeah!!!!!! pointless to have him, and goldwaite is eventually going to end up n the bench when all the players are cleared to play

24. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per RBR it will NOT be Boss

25. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I',m with you in this, but before they have to bring one Kid to training him as replacement of him, you know a Dev, but they have to play this kids time to time, give them time on the fields to developed them...