who is better: Beckham or Ronaldo

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by frosty_lady, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He might do. I think it seems to forget how good Becks is/was. I dont watch spanish football but by all accounts has played well, especially last season.

Ronaldo has the potential, but can he or will he deliver? I think there are questions over Ronaldos temperament, and I dont mean temper, but his abilitty to learn and modify his game for better effect. They are different types of winger though.

I would have thought although, dont have the evidence to back it up that Becks most be one if not top United player for assists.

2. caco794

caco794 New Member

Jun 22, 2004
    3 goals 9 assists in the primera last year. 1 goal and 3 assists in the CL. But his hustle was probably second to none on the team.

3. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006

Very thoughtful response. :)

4. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    a better question might be who's had more INFLUENCE on matches?

5. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham's fourth full season was 1998-99, when he was runner-up in the FIFA WPOTY voting. Similarly this is Ronaldo's fourth season with us, and its shaping up to be a great one for him at this rate. Most folks will probably give Ronaldo the edge when it comes to pace, taking on attackers, being two-footed, and making low passes, while Beckham obviously had his set pieces and crosses as well as general passing ability. However its just too tough to say at this point. A lot of people are still convinced that Ronaldo will not end his career in a United shirt, whereas around 2000 it seemed inconceivable that Beckham would ever leave the club he loved as a boy. How fickle the game is.

Funny that Beckham's fourth and possibly best season in a United shirt occurred after a World Cup event that caused English fans around the country to boo him at matches. More than a test of footballing skill, it was a test of his character. Ronaldo must do the same.

Oh and I'm looking forward to Lost, 24, Family Guy, The Amazing Race, The Office, Doctor Who, and Life On Mars. Also looking forward to Heroes and Studio 60... none of the other new shows look any good.

6. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    I know i'm getting old, but I preferred the original Doctor Who. :)

7. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Hour Long shows:
    24 (got into it a bit over the summer)

30 Minute shows:
    Scrubs
    Simpsons
    Family Guy
    American Dad
    The War at Home

8. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    as for the topic on hand...........

At his best, I thought Becks could controll a match with his pinpoitn passing and off the ball runs. He had a knack for turning up at the right moment, and he was absolutly deadly with his FKs. The one match of his I remember was that Champion's League match in 02/03 vs. Real Madrid, when he came off the bench and scored 2 goals, and set up 2 or 3 others....in like 30 minutes. Absolutly stunning really. I don't see Ronaldo as the type of player, just yet, capable of that kind of influence.

9. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    -----------Roy Keane*---Paul Scholes**
    David Beckham--------------------------Ryan Giggs*

* All time legends
    ** Man Utd All-timer

--------Darren Fletcher-----John O'Shea
    C.Ronaldo--------------------------Ji Sung Park/KR/Giggs

In what way do these midfeids differ. Answers on a postcard, please :rolleyes:

As individuals, why on earth would you compare the two? They are nothing alike. In fact, one is a Right midfielder (not winger) and the other is a forward being used as a RW.... :confused: ......

10. 50 Euro

50 Euro Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Washington, DC
    [​IMG]
    Dearest DS,
    Washington is lovely! The kids have had a great time at the Smithsonian and got to see the baby panda at the Zoo!! Fletcher at age 22 is better than Keano was at the same age. Wish you were here, but you probably would wilt in this humidity.
    Yours truly,

11. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have decide to re-watch Band of Brothers - classic series.

I recommned Peep Show to you if you like British Comedy. I know what you mean, not many good shows on but we have the new football season.

12. Bryanmufc

Bryanmufc New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Currently?
    Rep! lol.

13. bestbecks

bestbecks Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Ottawa, ON
    I have a ********ing 3 hour psychology class on the same day, same time as LOST:mad: :mad:. I'll have to watch every episode on the computer until the 2nd part of the season starts back up again in January, at which point my 1st term will be over and hopefully I will not have to endure said problem for the rest of my life.