Who has bought their MLS TV subscriptions already?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Kazan, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
  2. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    Not yet, but I will, assuming MLS takes payment from my British account.
    Hang on, I'll give it a try.

3. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    Job done. Now, Go Revs!!!

4. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
    i am going to get it tonight sometime in time for tomarrow's games.

5. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    I did as soon as I saw the ad for it (around 2:30 pm).

6. mlsfan31

mlsfan31 Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, MLS made $200 bucks.

7. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    and the fans that are willing to pay are going to reap the benefits in the long run. with fewer p[eople watching (because the majority won't be willing to pay) they will get smoother streams with less buffering (unless mls decides to cut back the available bandwidth since there will be less demand)

8. Please clarify for the computer illiterate: if I purchase this plan, will I be able to see the games that are NOT on the direct kick package on my home computer? If so, what is the quality of the picture?

9. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    No, it's the same thing.

10. sephjnr

sephjnr Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Bristol, England
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looks as if there's only one game you can actually *watch* live on the internet this weekend, or in its entirety period. Or will paying customers be able to watch all 4 live/otherwhise?

Might hold onto my £11.96etc. for another week or so...

11. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    if the game is on ESPN(1/2) or ABC it won't be available to MLS Tv

my mythTV box picks up those games for me :D

12. Michael CM1

Michael CM1 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia: US
    I bought DK before the 2nd week. Recordin' many on the DVR.

13. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    DK isn't available where i am, and i wouldn't pay for a DVR "service" as mythTV is so much more featured

just need CableCard 1.0 and CableCard 2.0 compliant tuners to finally hit the market

14. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Why? The price isn't going to go down next week.

15. rpi-fan

rpi-fan New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Troy, NY
    Huh? You'll be able to watch all 3 of this weekend's non-ESPN games live on MLS's subscription service.

16. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    there's only 1 match this weekend not on espn/hdnet

17. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are brave. I can't sit at my computer for 2 hours + and watch a whole game in that small of a screen. DirectKick is way better if you can ger it.

18. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    Which I can't. Unfortunately, this year's media player doesn't offer as many choices of zoom size as last year's. Now it's the tiny screen, one slightly bigger or the watching through fog full screen. Last year there was an option of about half screen which was a good compromise between clarity and size.

19. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    After you open up the game in the MLS MediaPlayer right click on the game itself and click properties. In there you will see an mms:// link, copy that whole thing and paste it into your Windows Media Player. Now you can control the size you want a lot better. It is also helpful for giving you the ability to watch more than one game at a time.

20. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    I bought it for friend who lives in Germany

21. DPir1320

DPir1320 Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Spring, TX
    You can also paste into Real Player. I didn't notice any changes in the video, but the audio sounded clearer in RP.

22. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    Thanks Philly and Dpir, the 200% screen has been the best before now, but I'll try your suggestions maybe tomorrow night. I won't be watching any MLS tonight because I'm off down that big London tomorrow to watch the marathon.

23. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Too bad I didn't read here first, just bought the MLSLive.tv to watch DCU@NY, but not being able to watch ESPN/ABC games is just crap then since those is almost the only matches I can watch since I live in Europe. Surely they should have had some note about this when registering, cause I looked everywhere and the only thing I could find was a link saying "Click here to view the complete schedule" which lead to http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/mls/schedule/ and I assumed all matches there was matches that would be watchable, but guess not then... I hope the MLS is at least kind enough to be able to pay me my money back.

24. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry about that. Blackout restrictions were posted on the registration page. You can watch any MLS match that isn't on ESPN and HDNet.

25. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Oh right, stupid me not thinking about that... I was just thinking blackouts for local areas in the US, never thought that it would affect international customers :(