Who goes?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Dead Fingers, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    We have talked about this through out these threads and I thought it would be a good idea to encapsulate our thoughts into one thread.

Bayern being a little heavy in the squad. I think K-H and Uli said they would like to trim the squad to 21 at the start of the season. They also did not get any offers(or any good ones) for any players last transfer window. So Who leaves, and who stays? Januar oder Sommer? Who might go to facilitate somone transferring in?

Issues:
    1. Strikers (more depth?)
    2. Is Bayern better off without Ballack?
    3. Do we need an enforcer/captain/leader ala Effenberg more than ever?
    4. People who are soon to be without contract or ageing issues ala Scholl,
    Linke.
    5. New Coach? I don't think they are going to change midseason, and I am going to hold my reservations until December and see how Bayern
    competing on all fronts.

2. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    1. Zickler probably will leave 2005, maybe Tevez will join.
    2. Definetly NOT
    3. Kahn is an enforcer/leader, but it would be better to have one as a field player. And who would you suggest? I can't think of a "real leader", who is good enough and available. Besides, i think that Ballack becomes a leader more and more. You can see that at the things he says in the media, he is more offensive in his statements about the team and he seems more responsible, also he is the captain of the NT, that gives him self-confidence.

Kovac---------> Not sure, probably he will leave
    Linke----------> Good chances for a new contract
    Zickler--------> Probably he will leave, or he gets a new 1-year contract and plays for the reserves.
    Scholl--------> Nobody knows. Maybe he will sign a new contract if he stays free of injuries, maybe he will end his carreer. It is entirely Scholls descision, Bayern would always give him a new contract.
    Ze Roberto-----> That really worries me. His contract officially ends 2005, but I didn't hear a single word about negotiations, neither about that Ze Roberto could leave. So maybe there's some option to expire the contract automatically...

5. I am sure that Bayern will keep Magath at least for 05/06, unless the team ends up as 4th or worse this season..

3. PokerNSoccer

PokerNSoccer New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Area 51 Chicago
    If Bayern dont win this year then Magath gets the boot!Bring back Ottmar!

4. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    win what? :0

what will be the benchmark? league, cup, or CL? I would assume you meant the league.

5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Feel free to add issues or concerns of your own.

6. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    Next season Bundesliga clubs are forced to use only 4 non Euro players, so i'm not sure Bayern will pursue their offer on Tevez as we have already kufour, Ze roberto, Pizza/Hashermian, Lucio on the first squad, also young striker Guerrero and Demichelis need to have more match practices.

If you ask me, i'm gonna get rid of both santa cruz and hashermian :D

7. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

I agree with you, especially on Santa Cruz--I will wait and see on the "hash-man"--but I am not sure who Bayern may pick up. Somebody enlighten me here. Any emerging striker canidates? Bundesliga? Outside the Bundesliga? Who would fit playing not only as a second to Makaay, but in a variety of set-ups?

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Well Podolski has issued a quit threat if FC Köln aren't promoted.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I have read him saying that he wants to extend his contract, I believe he will get it with his form so far this season.

10. mofo4life

mofo4life Member

May 25, 2004
    near munich
    Pizzaro,Demichelis=italian passports
    Roque=spanish passport

That leaves Kuffour,Ze Roberto, Hashemian and Lucio.

I'm sure Lucio is of portugese descent.

11. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Ze Roberto goes bayern should look at Hitzlsperger. I would offload Cruz, Zickler, Kovac, and Hargreaves. Bayern should get Podolski (only if he is going to be a first team regular) and a true defensive mid.

12. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here is what Bayern needs to do:

1. Good bye Zickler and Santa Cruz, those two are givens. Hashemian I'm still giving a chance until january and if he hasn't proven himself then he won't get any more time. I think he has enough time to prove himself till then. I don't think he will, therefore he will be gone as well. What my dream would be is to have Podolski play for Bayern next season, next half of the season preferebly. THe guy is so damn amazing, he is the leading scorer in the second Bundesliga, showed tremendous potential at Euro (in the tiny playing time he got) and is very young. Plus, other positives would be for him to gain experience and play at least one season with a top flight team and in Europe before the World Cup. It couldn't be any more ideal. Forget about Tevez, that situation is like dealing with a child or a retard. Podolski and Makaay is the way to go.

2. I think Ballack should definetley remain with Bayern. I would hate to see him go and become player of the year in Europe with Barcelona or another such team. Now, if Bayern get Podolski and the strikers are complete maybe that can give Ballack the security he needs in midfield because they won't be trying to make up for the lack of goals up front. Either way, Ballack is always helpful to Bayern no matter what.

3. Another Effenberg would be more than ideal but thats just not gonna happen and I don't think we're gonna find anyone either. Kahn is a great captain, he just isn't on the field where such a strong captain is needed. Let's see how Ballack is handling his captain responsibilities with the German NT and if that works why not make him captain?

4. Linke isn't what he used to be, he's old and slowing down so he has to go along with Scholl. We can't keep having him on the team and play him every once in a while even though he does help Bayern a lot when he comes on. I mean, for how long can they keep him from here on? Same deal with Jeremies. I still haven't made up my mind about Hargreaves, maybe they can negotiate something with Aston Villa and get Hitzlesperger in return. I really hope Ze Roberto extends because he's very vital to Bayerns attack and scoring.

5. Yea, like mentioned earlier, Bayern won't switch this soon. Unless the Bavarian Barbarians underperform severly they won't be too eager to go after another coach.

13. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who should we keep is how I would rather look at it:

Coach = Magath
    GK = Kahn, Rensing
    Defense = Kuffour, Gorlitz, Lucio, Brazzo, Sagnol, Demichaelis
    Midfield = Frings, Hargreaves, Schweinsteiger, Ze Roberto, Ballack, Trachowski
    Forwards = Makaay, Pizzarro, Guerraro

Remaining:
    Transfer == Santa Cruz, Jeremies, Zickler, Kovac
    Retain == Scholl (if doesn't retire), Deisler (if not too much to ask), Linke (if not too outdated), Rau (if healthy and improved)

Contract expires in June 2005:
    Scholl, Ze, Linke, Kuffour, Kovac, Zickler

Potential transfers (that were most talked about prior to 2004-05):
    Hargreaves (England), Ballack (Spain)

14. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
  15. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Wasn't Deisler brought in to kind of takeover Scholl?

Kind of like Rau taking over from Lizarazu

17. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hasn't quite worked out that way now has it.
    Hopefully time will tell, but while they are "finding their game", others are earning their spots.

May the best man win.

18. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Why is this team so damn injury prone? Has been for a while, pre-Magath

19. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Only Zé Roberto, Lucio and Hashemian have a non-european pass. Kufour get a german pass, Pizarro an italian, Demichelis and Guerrero an spanish pass. So it would be no problem to buy Tevez. I also think it would be no problem to get for Tevez a spanish or italian pass.

20. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Like i said, he's a big time p u s s i e, won't happen.

21. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Two more issues here. Who would yield the most money in a transfer? And has Bayern regretfully let their team age too much? Whereas their transfer options in getting money for these players are a little bit limited.

22. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Latest rumors concerning Bayern players in german press:

Bochum wants Hashemian back
    Man U is thinking about Hargreaves
    As mentioned Blackburn is interessted in Linke
    Middlesborough is interessted in Kuffour

german article

23. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But who is rumored to be leaving at the break?? I doubt any.

24. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    the article says (and the kicker usually is good informed) that four players should leave the club (the earlier the better).

Concerning Linke, he has not yet planned to leave in winter break, but as a matter of fact, Blackburn would need him now, so its not impossible (his contract expires at the end of the season, so it could be an oppurtunity for Bayern for a transfer fee).