Who else thinks the official site sucks?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Toad_of_Toad_Hall, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hadn't been there for so long, that I've just discovered they retired the Metrostars domain name and I had to change where my "favorite" was pointing. What you get now is simply the club's piece of the MLS site. All flashy-looking stuff, without any real content. PR flackery rather than real information.
    Waste of time, yes? I can get much better info on the club here and on several other sites which we all know of.

2. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In comparison to Toronto and Seattles, yeah it blows. With all of the out of work layed off media guys walking around Manhattan they should be ble to do better.

3. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Well, I kind of disagree. It's the MLS template - most of the teams use it. I actually think it's pretty easy to use, and fairly decent. Take a look at all the MLB sites - they're fairly similar (just a little fancier).

But I believe Red Bull will design their own site. I'm fairly sure they're already doing so (I remember reading that), but will launch it (like most of the other things like marketing, etc) for the opening of Red Bull Park.

Hopefully they'll also beef up Redbullsreader.com
    I like the blog, but wish they would really blog about the team every single day - practices, interviews, insider info, etc. It would be great reading if I knew it was every day.