Who else loves 'Magic'?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by FlashMan, Jan 28, 2008.

1. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know all the underground/alt stuff, but really, does any album of '07 kick ass the way this one did/does?

If I'm really in some funk - or I just feel like screaming from the top of my lungs without having to do so - I play 'Radio Nowhere', 'Girls in their Summer Clothes' and then 'Long Walk Home', one after the other. In the last 6 months anyway, it hasn't gotten any better than that.

Probably time to move on. There are 3 or 4 songs on the new Fogerty that are already as priceless of some of the best of CC&R. Still, the way the Boss pulverizes the rhythm section the way only Max Weinberg can do it. Made my fall not only a lot easier, but practically worth it to boot. As far as my winter goes, I figure his 2008 tour will be just another tour he skips San Diego again for some unkown reason, as if I needed any more bad news. I guess I'm a man in need of a little magic. I think I'll go throw on a CD.

We got to live it every day.

2. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
    Agreed. About both the Boss and Fogerty.

"Magic" sounds new and familiar all at the same time. With the piano, sax, and guitars, it's definitely old school Bruce. There's not really a weak song on it. And like his best work, you hear something new no matter how many times you listen to it.

4. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Girls in their Summer Clothes" is a stunner.

5. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for reminding me to pick this up. "Radio Nowhere" is almost disgustingly catchy.

6. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Send me your iPod and I'll put in on there for free.

7. Granted

Granted Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was blown away by this album, its just brilliant. And "Girls In Their Summer Clothes" is probably tied for my favorite Bruce song with "Thunder Road" and "Waitin' On A Sunny Day",