Who do we want to win the league?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Guy Fawkes, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Realistically, we all know that Arsenal are all but mathematically eliminated from the league. I'm not sure if this discussion has been had, but between Chelskva and MANUre, who would we rather have win? More specifically for the most of us, and certainly for me, whom would we rather have lose?

I can't decide; I used to think that I'd like somebody other than Spartak Chelski to win, and wasn't too sad that United were winning the league, but I just don't want those mancs winning the league based on the rivalry we've had with them. I can't stand seeing douchebag Ronaldo happy.

But just as well, I can't stand the sight of those Chelsea fans and players winning again. I can't decide whom I would rather have lose. I want them all to just rupture their acls at the same time so that they had to forfiet.

Right now, though, I'm leaning toward Chelsea, just because I've hated United for so long.

How do you guys feel?

2. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    Sadly ManU. If this situation keeps repeating itself in future years I suppose I'd hope they alternate to avoid anyone claiming a dynasty.

3. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea. Too much bad blood with United. I'll take Chelsea for a couple of years than United winning once.

4. Dynamo and ArsenalFC

Aug 5, 2006
    Beaumont
    i want chelsea, they only have 3 titles

5. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea. Fcuk ManUre.

6. zonametro

zonametro ASU here I come!!

Jan 26, 2006
    Arizona
    I want Arsenal and ONLY Arsenal to win the league and if we don't win the league then whoever does is irrelevant to me.

7. Smalls123

Smalls123 Member

Feb 1, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea....The thought of having to listen to Man U supporters go on about winning the league for the next year is making me cringe

8. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup.

9. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    You listen to Man U supporters?

10. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Listening to the manutd fans go on about winning the league for a year

or,

listening to chelsea fans go on about how they came from behind, and battled through crucial injuries to win 3 league titles in a row?

I'll take manutd winning over that any day. If it weren't the 3rd in a row for chelsea, then I would pick them instead.

11. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    united. i've only been a fan for seven years, so i might not have the same perspective. roma's millions make me sick.

12. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Likewise. Screw everyone else. No one gave us a chance in 94 when we won the Cup Winners Cup. No one gave us a chance last year to qualify for the Champs League. No one gave us a chance to win it in 97-98.

Yes the odds are stacked against us, but screw united and the russian mafia.

13. Ian Lozada

Ian Lozada Member

May 29, 2001
    The Pick Four Pool
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same thing I root for every year that we don't win. A couple of large comets to smack into the stadia of the teams above us in the standings.

14. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Fuk everyone else if we can't win it.

15. Smalls123

Smalls123 Member

Feb 1, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont listen but i hear them....Its like a high pitched hum that drives me crazy

16. Schu419

Schu419 Member

May 17, 2006
    PA/NJ
    Watford. They've shown really heart this season

17. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LOL ..

But i want some stuff to happen that happened in the Serie A where Juventus was relegated and etc.. I want Chelsea to be relegated and ManU to drop points and LPool can't be above us this season for sure, so we'd be winning the Prem ..

It is possible, isn't it ?

18. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    You do realise that there are only a very few teams that have won the title 3 times in a row don't you? We are one of them. Chelsea are not. There is no way I want Chelsea to join that elite club.

19. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

FYP :)

20. HubGunner

HubGunner New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    Boston
    Chelsea. Chelsea hadn't won squat for 50 years and then they win 2 straight titles and everyone moans about how awful and unfair it is. I hate ManUre much more than Chelsea.

21. shincan

shincan Member

Sep 19, 2005
    I don't want 3 in a row for Chelsea, but I don't want to see Ronaldo's creepy smirk when/if he wins the league. This is an evil, evil thread.......:confused:

22. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    I say ManUre. To go along with Rick's take, I don't want Chelsea winning 3 in a row. And though it pains me to give the bastards some credit, they've won the games they were supposed to and never looked back since August.

We just know that when it comes to REAL teams (us), they're crap. :D

23. Naushad78

Naushad78 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Definately Chelsea over ManUtd. It's the fans that make like unbearable. I can put up with the blue lot but not with the devils. No way!

24. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Ok, so pray for a Utd victory and tooth decay for giraffe neck!:)

25. shincan

shincan Member

Sep 19, 2005
    fair enough. tooth decay, and a permanent inability to do those useless stepovers.

it's like he takes wax-on wax-off way too far.