Who cares about the Laci Peterson trial????

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Dolemite, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    i've been wondering this for a while. people are murdered every day in this country. i'm sure there are at least a couple pregnant women murdered each year. so why should I care about this trial ???? no one famous was invovled. to me it's a local story.... maybe some west coast coverage, alot of bay area coverage, maybe a LITTLE national coverage. so why does it seem like eveyone gives two sheeeeITs about this???? why has Gretta Van Facelift (amongst others) been shoving this story down our throat for monthes on end???? just like to know your thoughts.... personally i think crap like this is a big time national distraction from more important stuff........ like gays getting married :)

2. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Dan Loney cares.

3. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

yes.... Mr. Loney's position on this subject has been well documented.

4. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Laci who?

5. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently we just can't get enough. I wonder if the media were to show what was left of the victims if everyone would still be so interested? No one is shown the reality of an act like murder. We are only force fed the sensationalized pg 13 version.

People don't watch because they care, people are glued to the t.v. because they are sick. And this feeds their sickness.

6. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    i asked this very same question the first time i heard about the damned thing.

7. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i myself wanted more info...

that is, on that Cheney email issue brought up by "Time" ....but heck our liberal media could not care less!

8. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i understand that the news coverage is probably maddening right now, but i completely care anytime a husband kills his pregnant wife and dumps her in a lake - i'm sorry, but that never stops upsetting me - so the media must just file this one away because it shouldnt have an impact on everyone in the US? i'll tell ya, i dont even know what that means - what on earth is wrong all the sudden with caring about people you never met? i certainly think everyone would be horrified if it happened to someone close

why this one? can't tell ya, but i know i'm against ignoring it - i hope every little boy masquerading as a man who strikes his girl should have this story shoved down their gullet 24 hours a day until they erase that scumbag

9. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard the prosecution was going to bring in a "Fishing Expert" to verify that Scott's fishing equipment was appropriate, or whether he bought it as an excuse or alibi... "fishing expert"? How do I get to be a "fishing expert"? "Fishing Expert"? Man did I miss my calling!

IntheNet

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see you've already made up your mind on the case.

11. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Perfectly legitimate. Analyze wear and tear on the gear, analyze bait and lure selection for that day if possible, etc. etc.

Consider yourself an expert of exclamation points. Perhaps you didn't miss your calling after all? ;)

12. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

well without being privy to all of the evidence... oh gosh! i couldn't even keep a straight face while typing that!

come on dante! this guy is the male west coast susan smith - his lies are so fantastically dumb its a wonder he didn't get selected POTUS

13. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    It's obvious silly..............

American Idol is over........we have to follow something.