Who are the rising stars for next season? Any NT candidate?

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Let's forget about the bigger names (Muller, Oezil, Marin, Hummels, Howedes, Bender, Badstuber, Boateng, Khedira....etc)

The following is my prediction:

1) Andre Schürrle (Mainz)

2) Sandro Wagner (Werder Bremen)

3) Deniz Naki (St.Pauli)

4) Mike Diekmeier (Nurnberg)

5) Diego Contento (Bayern Munich)

6) Mario Goetze (Dortmund)

7) Lenard Sowah (Hamburger)

8) Christopher Buchtmann (Koln)

9) Peniel Mlapa (Hoffenheim)

10) Richard Sukuta-Pasu (St.Pauli)

11) Julian Schieber (Nurnberg)

12) Kevin Grosskreutz (Dortmund)

13) Lewis Holtby (Mainz)

14) Fabian Bäcker (Gladbach)

15) Timo Gebhart (Stuttgart)

16) Omer Toprak (Freiburg)

17) Marcel Schmelzer (Dortmund)

18) Sidney Sam (Leverkusen)

19) Felix Kroos (Werder Bremen)

20) Lennart Thy (Werder Bremen)

21) Alessandro Riedle (Stuttgart)

22) Juvhel Tsoumou (Frankfurt)

23) Christoph Moritz (Schalke)

24) Mehmet Ekici (Bayern Munich)

25) Christoph Schorch (Koln)

26) Pascal Testroet (Werder Bremen)

2. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Re: Who are the rising stars for next season?

Keeping my fingers crossed for Naki.

Hopefully some of the forwards will make an impression.

3. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I hope for Toprak. He deserves this.

4. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

I actually want Naki too. At his position, we've already had Oezil, Marin n Kroos though.

Andre Schürrle, Sandro Wagner, Sukuta-Pasu and co. need to step up. The situation is kinda desperate since Klose is probably retiring from international football and Gomez/Podolski/Cacau/Kuranyi/Kiessling/Helmes are not making impact in the league or for the NT lately

I wasn't on Wagner's bandwagon actually, but i realize there are many people here or on the transfermarkt forum who have high hope on "Wagninho". Hopefully my impression on him was wrong back then

5. duckster

duckster New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I hope contento takes the next step. That boy is class and good left backs are very rare.

6. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sandro Wagner? Made my day ... :D

7. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only player I see that can become a semi-integral part of the 2012 team is Reus, other than him we might have to wait till 2014.

8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He had two superb counter goals in the U19 EC final against England. He's just no wonderkid but he could reach class.

9. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He is a headcase with not the right attitude for professional football and from his footballing skills alone he is at best an average mid to low level bundesliga player

10. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Will Sukuta-Pasu be our CF in the next few years? I think he is talented but he really lacks the match practice to take him another level.

I remember Manuel Fischer was rated highly as Kroos and Marin back in U17 Euro 2006. And even in 2007, he showed a lot of promise when he played for Stuttgart.

I think a MAJOR reason why we lack striker talents is mainly because young strikers we had expectation on, such as Fischer, Felix Kroos, Testroet, Choupo-Moting, Daniel Halfar n Alexander Neumann, turned out to be BUST/Late Bloomers(dunno yet)

I'm thinking if Sukuta-Pasu will be another bust. He was loaned to St.Pauli last season. But he didn't play much for some reason, and only scored once in the 2BL.

There are striker talents like Shawn Parker, Lennart Thy, Denis Thomalla n Marvin Duksch being rated very highly........but i am very aware if they'll turn out to be the "next Benny Auer" or "next Manuel Fischer" now. What the f is going on

I am glad that we've still had Thomas Mueller, who has the mobility, composure, ball control, positioning and "killer instinct" to be a good CF option if needed, even if Klose retires

11. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well, Reus and Grosskreutz were called up by Loew for the senior NT. so they shouldnt be included here on the list since i think they're already the bigger names

Grosskreutz really shouldnt be there. For similar reason i didnt put down Sven Bender too, coz i think he is already a better DM than Trasch is for example

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Grosskreutz has a lot of heart, but like Schmeltzer, I don't think they have the technical gift needed to play for the NT. At least not from what i have seen last season.

13. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LB, we need LBs. So Schmelzer, Contento, Sowah or whoever...please show us something.

14. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    This level of obssesion can't be healthy. A player who is 1 year younger than Thomas Müller, and did better in the 3. Liga than Müller did at his age is now already a bust or a late bloomer?

15. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Manuel Fischer n Alexander Neumann need miracle to get them on track. And its not likely

Manuel Fischer in particular is already a bust. He wasn't played even if he was injured last season. Its not likely that he'll be trusted again all of a sudden

And none of Fischer, Felix Kroos, Testroet, Sukuta-Pasu, Daniel Halfar n Alexander Neumann, has done better than Thomas Mueller did in the 3BL when he was 19(32games, 15goals in the 3BL).

We had hope on these players few years ago, but they're still unproven.

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What do you think of Christopher Nöthe? I'm still pissed Dortmund let him go!!! :mad:

17. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Testroet did, until he was injured.

He had 8 goals in 17 games (slightly less gpg, but whatever), and already as many assists (4) as Müller did in his entire 32 game season. And while this is hardly objective, his average kicker ratings were also better than Müller's. Now, there's no way to say what he would have done if wouldn't have been injured, but he was on his way.

I know, you follow the 3. Liga closely from Newport Beach, but still.

Your problem is that you basically declare every young German player to be the possible next big thing. 90% of the players in your opening post will, more likely than not, never make any impact at the international level. There was no reason to expect anything from Daniel Halfar or Manuel Fischer. They'll turn out to be decent 2. BL/3. L players. Most players who play for one of the Bundesliga reserves do.

But now you go into the oppsite direction - Testroet or Kroos aren't even 20 yet, but they might already be late bloomers... you'll be far more happy if you stop hyperventilating about every youth player ever.

And Manuel Fischer moved to Wacker Burghausen, already, btw.

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm personally pulling for Diekmaier. I know we've got a few options at RB, certainly more than at LB, but I think this guy, if all goes well with his development, could be the most complete fullback we've had since Lahm.

19. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Germany
    Isnt he a LB anyways?

20. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think Diekmeier will be a rising star in the league, and he is already better than Beck. Diekmeier has moved to HSV btw;

Lennard Sowah is another player we shall have expectations on. At the age of 17, he was already a starter for Portsmouth in the EPL. I'll call that an achievement. and even better, he plays at LB, the position where Germany are scarce in good talent;

Those are realistic targets. But i still hope Sukuka-Pasu, Naki, Schurrle, Mlapa and Thy can impress/continue to impress us in the new season. Schurrle and Naki are more likely among the bunch. They have established themselves as starters for their clubs n both are versatile attackers (Naki can play at wings, AM and SS; while Schurrle can play at wings, SS and CF) like Thomas Mueller. Can be very useful to the teams

I am surprised that other than F96, not many people here mentioned about Deniz Naki

21. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Naki is a player where there is a good possibility, that he will change the national team. He wasn't nominated for the U-21 in the last games (reasons?) and always said that he can imagine to play for turkey. So I wouldn`t be too surprised that after a good season he will wear the turkish jersey. But as smithfan said, offensive midfield is not our big problem in the moment. More important is the development of LB like Sowah and Contento and that they play for germany.

22. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I dont mind Boenisch at LB too. I think he is better than Aogo n a solid defender. Schmelzer n Schmitz are some other young LBs in the country, other than Sowah n Contento

Apparently, if Pander recovers n finds his old form. LB wont be a problem in the next 4 years. Afterall, he's just 26

I heard for some reason, he will never be chosen by the Turkish NT. Any information on that?

23. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, never heard something like that. He is a kurd, but that should be no problem. Apart from that he seems to be a difficult character and as we know the DFB has its problems with eccentric guys. So I don't think he will have a career with the A-National Team.

24. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Ok, so I mention Deniz Naki, too. ;)

25. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Germany
    I dont really think so. I have seen quite a lot of him in this season and the last one and although he has improved dramatically, he as good as Aogo at best, which isnt that good. Pander never stops injuring himself, I think he will retire pretty early if he keeps going like that. The LB position is in fact quite worrying at this time, though I do think that at least some kids have to make it at that position.