Which Yank in England has surprised you the most this season?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by RoyalMan, Mar 10, 2003.

1. RoyalMan

RoyalMan New Member

May 18, 2002
    Reading
    Which American in England has surprised you the most this season, whether for good or bad reasons?

2. Scumby

Scumby Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Vancouver, WA USA
    I picked Lewis, although it was a toss up between him and Marcus. I really thought after Eddie's bench warming at Fulham that his best days were behind him, but at least as far as I can read he's starting to really tear it up.

Scumby

3. BigLarr

BigLarr Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not include McHead?

4. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very good point, so i picked Kirovski,

now make another poll, Which American in England has impressed you the most,

5. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with BigLarr: where's BMB? When I saw the trhead, I assumed it was about McBride, but then I did not see his name on the list. McBride, for me, is the obvious choice. Of those on the list, it has to be Thorrington. I thought he'd be leading his team to D1, instead he's on the bench of a sinking ship.

6. SeattleFan

SeattleFan New Member

Mar 4, 2000
    Redmond, WA USA
    I agree with this. It's no surprise to me that Marcus is doing so well; I've been watching him for quite a while. And after Eddie's performances with the Fulham reserves last season, his doing well is no surprise either ;)

7. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, how a managerial change can sink a career.

Gotta go with JT as well.

8. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MH has suprised me the most. I like everyone else wrote him off because his lack of PT at Fulham and his sub-par career in MLS. But he's showed me a 180 degree turn around. Apparently he's worked his ass off to get where he is now and it's showing. Now i just hope Reading get into the playoffs and gain promotion.

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted for Thorrington. It was close between him and Marcus, but I gave the edge to JT. I get the sense that alot of Marcus' good play was due to Upson. Plus, I find it inherently UNsurprising when a Yank GK plays well, at any level. Finally, Marcus was pretty good on loan last year. Not like this, but solid.

10. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's actuaslly Brian McBride, but I voted for Hahnemann, who knew he'd bust out so strongly after sitting on Fulham's bench for so long?