Which teams do you enjoy watching the most?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by anazarn, Aug 2, 2010.

1. anazarn

anazarn Member

May 27, 2008
    El Paso
    Club:
    CF Indios de Ciudad Juárez
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People were asking for a reverse of the poll I put up so here you guys go.

If there is a game on ESPN or FSC which match-up would you go out of your way to watch?

Some criteria for consideration and discussion:
    Atmosphere
    Coach quality/personality
    Player quality/personality
    Etc...

Don't vote for your own team, that's goofy.

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell somebody had to, its clear from the last thread nobody else will. ;)

3. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always enjoy watching DC on the tv. Even if they've sucked as of late, the uniforms, the crowd, the kinda bizarre stadium configuration - it's fun to watch. Najar has made it easier as well - that kid is nails.

NYRB has moved way way up for me too, even before Henry. That stadium is gorgeous, and the sense of relief and excitement in the stands is palpable. And how do you not like Angel.

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised at the amount of people picking LA, especially with their form lately.
    I had a hard time watching them before, now I actually like it more because I like to watch the wheels come off...

The two I picked were Seattle and Philly.
    Seattle has the atmosphere, and as much as I hate the guys when they play RSL, Montero and Zakuani are awesome.

Philly has the youth, love seeing Mwanga come along (RSL connections as he was on the team that won SUM cup) and really enjoy their style. It is also nice to see Seitz play like shite after he said nothing but negative things about Salt Lake

New York is sitting there at 3rd, and really should be number 1, but it pains me to see that amazing stadium only partly filled. Hopefully with the addition of Marquez they tap into a whole other market (we saw it is there during Gold Cup) and pack the place. Cant wait to make a trip out there, though it wont be this year :(

5. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really detest waching Philly. I feel like I'm watcing the 1976 Broad Street Bullies. Not exactly jogo bonito. Especially with the naked guy kits.

6. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I enjoy watching Home team and Opponent.

When I watch other league games I mostly watch to see how it affects Home team.

7. ArkUnited

ArkUnited Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Fayetteville, AR
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish RSL was on tv more so I could see them more, theyve got so many guys who can score and there isnt a keeper in MLS that I enjoy watching than Rimando.

8. IHaveWorms

IHaveWorms Member

May 6, 2010
    Berlin, Germany
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    I voted for Dallas. The club in general might be bland but the team is one of the few that plays almost always attacking soccer and consistely tries to score.

9. Midnight Attack

Mar 13, 2005
    U.S.A|Jamaica|DCU
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always liked Chicago and now Houston since they moved.

10. M.O.E

M.O.E Member

Nov 26, 2009
    utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I really enjoy watching The Union Hopefully next year i can make the trip there. They got a cool looking stadium.

11. Scott e Dio93

Scott e Dio93 New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Montevideo, URU
    RSL is a joy to watch. Galaxy, Union, Dynamo, Dallas & Red Bulls could be good to watch, depending of their rivals.

12. SeaM

SeaM Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repeating what I said in the "worst to watch" thread, besides SSFC, I'd probably watch the Red Bulls (now) or RSL anytime, and TFC is always good for comedic value. And it's always fun to watch Le Toux run around like a maniac, so toss Philly in there. And no matter how awful DCU gets, their home matches will be watchable as long as their SGs are on the TV side of the stadium.

I realized last night I'm getting a bit tired of LA though, maybe it's Donovan burnout or their incredibly horrible defense lately (who would have thought they'd allow 7 goals in 2 matches?).

13. Ajas

Ajas Member

Sep 23, 2009
    3eattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    RSL and Columbus.

Although, I would say that I enjoyed Columbus more last year... They don't seem quite as zip-zap with their midfield passing anymore, and something weird has happened to Rogers.

RSL with Morales and Saborio is just a goal machine.

Plus I can actually enjoy their games since we're not realistically competing with them for play off spots anymore, and at best they are busy knocking off the teams we are competing with.

14. shadrach

shadrach Goldenchild

Jan 19, 2002
    quit being nosy...
    Red Bulls, Ill-a-delph (home only) and Seattle

L.A. depending on who starts

Chicago may be interesting with FL and Nery added to Pappa and Nyarko

15. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CUSA front office please take note.

Colorado Rapids front office please take note.

Reminds me of what I thought was a truly stange marketing ploy by the Golden State Warriors. They had a bunch of famous/known people being quoted saying, 'I'm worried about the Warriors'. Mostly it was local celebrities, but also included Magic Johnson - while he was still playing with the Lakers.

Took me a while to really figure out what they were trying to accomplish - after all, including the best player on your biggest rival as part of the marketing scheme. But the FO was trying to get fans to care (The Warriors were truly horrible - hmmm, just has they have been for the last 30 years (execept for maybe four of five years in that stretch).

I think some MLS clubs could use a similar marketing strategy. Though we really know that starts with the product on the field.

16. John Mercado

John Mercado Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Seattle
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I like RSL, they play well... How much of that is just being so high...

17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Kyle Beckerman out there we got good grass, what can i say:D

18. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much where I stand. If some anti-soccer Dad was drug there by his kids, he would most likely make a return visit if the home team squeaks out a thrilling 2-1 or 3-2 victory. If the home team gets blasted 4-0, there's almost no chance of him ever getting talked into a match again as he goes back to NFL, MLB, NBA etc.

19. BringSoccerToIndy

May 24, 2008
    1001 West New York Street, Indianapolis, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC United because of Najar.

20. blitzzfan

blitzzfan Member

Jul 25, 2000
    St. George, UT
    oops. I just read the title and voted for my team, RSL. There goes the validity of this poll...

21. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite to watch is RSL. Not because they are my home team, but because of their terrific midfield passing game and that staunch back line. I also think Rimando is the best goalie in the league.

However, I voted for Galaxy. Landon Donovan has been my favorite player in the league for years and I make time to watch them play.

22. SeaM

SeaM Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You just got carried away because everyone else was doing it. Understandable.

23. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    To be entirely honest RSL is my favorite team to watch. You can say I'm bias (which I might be slightly) but that definately was not the case a couple years back. In fact I would have voted for them in the "which is the worst team" thread a couple years ago.

But with respect to the polls outline I will say:

Philidelphia: Because on the few occasions I have been able to watch them it seems as though they are always pushing for the win, even when a draw is looming.

RBNY: The players are alright to watch, but i mostly enjoy watching their stadium. Its too bad its not full every game, but i can see that changing in the near future.

24. Duiz

Duiz Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am an RSL fan, so I won't talk about my team..

I love watching New York Red Bulls. Juan Pablo Angel is a stud and always have appreciated what they do.

Houston Dynamo+Dwayne De Rosario is cool combination to watch.

I like watching the Galaxy with Junihno and their crisp offense going. Gonzales just knows how to be wall.

25. Bonus_Game

Bonus_Game Member

Sep 30, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL by a mile