Which team will win the Champions League?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Kontra, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Kontra

Kontra New Member

May 27, 2004
    Porto
    Vote the winner of the 2004/2005 Champions League

2. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    at the moment i'd have to say Barcelona,Milan or Juventus with Chelsea being the major outsider.

3. Bayern4Life

Bayern4Life Member+

Aug 22, 2004
    Bayern Will Win The Cl This Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Why are there listed teas like Lyon, FC Porto and Inter and not Bayern Munich?!?!

5. Satan

Satan New Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Madrid
    My favourite team is Real Madrid, but i have to admit that Barcelona is playing really great this year, so i voted for them.

6. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    How is anyone supposed to no whos going to win?
    But hopefully Man Utd.

7. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I think Juventus and Barca are looking good right now. Both of those teams are having good domestic and champion's league runs.

Don't count out teams like Milan, Chelsea, Real, and Manchester. While they haven't been playing as solid, they very well could win.

8. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona, Juventus, Milan and Chelsea are the hot teams. But Barcelona and Juvenstus probably were the most underperformed team in the history of CL/European Cup. I meant how many times did Juventus make it to the Final and lost??? I would say Milan is the team to beat right now, but I am not counting out Bayen Munich and Real Madrid -- the traditional good teams.

9. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bayern will win it!!!!
    And by the way Bayern is not on the list, shame!!!!!!!!!!!!! for who wrote this list

10. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Man Utd have scored the most goals so far. Yay.

11. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Completely agree. Chelsea play good football, but I can't see them win it. Being German, I am hoping for Bayern, but can't really see them do it either. Anyway too early to tell, and Bayern have a tradition to scrape through till it really matters, which is when they usually start playing well.

12. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
  13. Kontra

Kontra New Member

May 27, 2004
    Porto
    i totally forgot to add the german squads, and i couldnt edit it :/

14. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think people are undermining this Bayern team, sure they're not the team that were champions not too long ago but they are certainly the best team in their group, even though statistics might prove other wise. They dominated every game and are extremely hot right now. They have been scoring goals and lots of them too which is quite unusual for them, this has to count for something.

15. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juventus are looking awfully dominant. Forget the past. Doubtful that Del Piero and co. will be stopped.

16. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.

Being that I am a Bayern fan, I will obviously put their names in the mix here as well... but being that I am a realistic football fan, I must say that Barca and Juve are the two strongest candidates so far. Domestically and in CLS they are taking care of business.

Again, do not underestimate the side from Munich... they are heading into the Xmas break through to the quarterfinals of the German Cup (along with their own reserve team!), advancing with Juve to the next round of CLS from their group, and newly appointed #1 in the Bundesliga. Not bad for a team that has struggled to find its way for the past two seasons.

17. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I had a good laugh. A joke club like Juventus which beat them twice and is leading Serie A.

18. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Did you see both the games??? No or you would not say Juventus deserved to win either of them.

19. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    The only thing that matters in the end is the final score. From the look of the second game Makaay was really off and there was no finishing. There were chances and Bayern played well. You lost both games, and you can make up excuses or just deal with it. It's not especially critical as your team will probably still move on.

20. BSjanitor

BSjanitor Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Barcelona is my team and my vote.

Let me make two huge observations here. Bayern is going to end second in their group and that means they are more likely to face a big gun in the round of 16 like they did last year. It could be Chelsea, Inter, Milan or Barcelona, maybe Real Madrid again, maybe Man. United. In group F, the more likely group runner-up is Barcelona. They have a complicated last game in the frost at Shakhtar and have already lost the head-to-head vs Milan because of Shevchenko's goal at the Camp Nou. Can you imagine Chelsea x Bayern, Juve x Barça in February already? I bet we'll get another battle of giants for the round of 16 this season.

Remember also how Juventus had won their group in 4 rounds last year and then fell badly against Deportivo in the round of 16? When a team goes steady like Juventus and Chelsea, it looks as if they're invincible, but playoffs are full of surprises. Lots of things can change in 10 weeks of winter break.

21. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Looking at this from a neutral view, I would predict the following qualifiers and it’s not rocket surgery, by the way :)

Olympiakos
    Monaco
    Dynamo
    Bayer
    Juve
    Bayern
    Manure
    Lyon
    PSV
    The Arse
    Barca
    AC
    Inter
    Werder
    Chelski
    Moscow

Chelski are looking particularly strong and we know they have the strength in depth, to survive the winter months and injury crises that confront EPL teams, with no winter break. If they have any problems, they will buy their way out of them, which doesn’t apply to all the rest – this is not a disparagement of their obvious merits.

Juve have won 5 games 1-0 and only given 4 goals away all season, Chelski have only given 1 goal away, Manure have knocked in 14 – all three of these are unbeaten, as are Inter.

Barca are runaway leaders of their league and looking ominous – anyone know when the draw for the next round is?

One thing’s for sure, this season’s winners are going to be a damned good side – I rather fancy Manure or Juve, but there are some cracking matches to look forward to in February!

22. my heart says Manchester - my head says Barca

23. Johnlong

Johnlong New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    If Liverpool players get fit again soon they should win it in my opinion.

24. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The final is going to be Barcelona vs. one of the Italian teams. (Except Roma, obviously)...

25. Rui Costa

Rui Costa New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    :D You're joking I presume!
    I voted Chelsea,giving them the advantage because of their big squad.They are similar to Juventus but with an extra dimension in attack with quality wingers like Duff and Robben.Barcelona winning the league and European cup,playing vintage beautiful football all season with their injury problems seems too good to be true,too fantastic a fairytale.Their key players are playing alot of football,they need reinforcements in January to avoid fatigue.I would love to see Barcelona win as they have been a joy to watch.Chelsea,Barca,and Juventus,these three are the main contenders, with Bayern Munich a good outside bet.