Which team to support in Costa Rica?

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by Gaboo, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Gaboo

Gaboo Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Singapore
    Club:
    Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One of my friends will be going to Costa Rica in a few months (somewhere near San Jose).
    So, in your opinion, which team should he support and why? Please, tell me something about the teams and their background.

2. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Take your pick...

Saprissa - Best stadium(synthetic field) and largest hooligan group in Central America.

LD Alajuelense - Best(and most obnoxious/obscene) fan support. Hide on game day vs Saprissa.

Herediano - Located in Costa Rica's cleanest city with the hottest girls in the stadium.

Puntarenas - Team with the best home field advantage due to games being played at mid-day in a tropical climate, aggressive fans, and the ugliest pitch you've ever seen in your life.

Carmelita - Probably the worst supported team in the world.

Brujas - The witches.

3. Gaboo

Gaboo Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Singapore
    Club:
    Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks a lot, Antonio!
    Seems, like he should support Herediano, shouldn´t he? ;)

4. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    As long as they don't play my team:cool::D In all seriousness Saprissa, Alajuelense and Herediano are the top clubs with the largest fan bases, and play the most attractive football. Alajuelense and Saprissa have historically been in the top ten teams in North America(both enter almost every international competition in the area,) and Saprissa is currently in the top three. They are all located in the San Jose/Alajuela/Heredia metropolitan area, and are within an hours drive of each other.

5. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
    You can see a lot of hot girls in the Puntarenas stadium, he should visit it:D:cool:

6. Gaboo

Gaboo Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Singapore
    Club:
    Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for your information, mates! He´ll stay in Cartago. Anything special about that place?

By the way, it looks like I´ll visit him during the first two weeks of January...will there be any games in that time?

7. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    cartago? ahh, oldest team in the league, only 3 championships and they are blue and white, he should cheer for them

and i think there wont be games on january, since the Winter tournament endes in Dec.

8. Gaboo

Gaboo Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Singapore
    Club:
    Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh, that´s a pitty!
    However, thanks for the info!

9. commitment#4

commitment#4 Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Damm right, I just got back from Puntareanas after 3.5 moths.WHy do girls there walk around with practically no clothes on?

10. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    its too hot :D

11. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006