Which stadium do you prefer?

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by metros11, Sep 23, 2007.

1. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. The 92nd Fish

The 92nd Fish Member

Jan 16, 2007
    London, England
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Saputo Stadium, can't beat that view, plus I don't have the slightest idea what a PAETEC is :|

3. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last time I checked, one went to a soccer match to see what was happening on the field, not the view of the surrounding areas. That said, PaeTec is a much nicer looking stadium than Saputo. Would you also pick CCS over PaeTec?

4. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal
  5. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Saputo Stadium, because I wouldn't be in the GHETTO. :D

6. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal
    I dunno dan, Paetec has GARBAGE PLATES!

7. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The real grass gives Saputo my vote.

8. Port 13

Port 13 Member

Jan 21, 2007
    just moved to NC
    Saputo Stadium seems to be anatomically correct. . .

[​IMG]

9. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

How can one say that one is a nicer looking stadium when one is presently not finished yet?

Thats being said, real grass beats field turf any day.

10. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that's true, how can you take an uncompleted stadium over a finished product?

11. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Well as I just mentioned above, because it has real grass. I don't really see much thats better with the Rochester stadium other than the corners are filled in. That and I saw a few games on USL Live that also had lacrosse markings on the field that sucked. In the photo above of Montreal's stadium there is that one side of the stadium where the form of an old grandstand has been utilized. It is still to have the seats put in, and from what I've heard thats going to be the expensive seating section, so when that side is completed it's going to look nicer. I think some people think that it's a completed section.

12. Taoism

Taoism Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Here is a "virtual" tour of the stadium as it will look when finished (uses Windows Media Player):

http://www.stadesaputo.com/VirtualVisit/Default.aspx

Can someone from Montreal comment of the ticket prices on that site? Are those prices considerably more money than tickets are at the current stadium?

Cheers!

13. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    For some reason the Impact thinks it's good business to only sell the most expensive tickets as season tickets and leave the "average" supporter in the dark scrambling for individual tickets in the other sections (which were GA at CCR). The VERY expensive tickets sell out as they're all corporate buddies while the least deluxe expensive ones don't sell too much as seasons or as gameday tickets.

We're hoping the club will get its head out of its ass and actually start doing something smart with regards to ticketing.

Here's some two ghetto shots of Rochester's stadium's surroundings:

Across the street
    [​IMG]

In September
    [​IMG]

14. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm RFK isn't exactly in the nicest hood either, but that crumbling old heap is still the best place in MLS to watch a match.

15. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That passes for "ghetto" in Rochester? Maybe you should drive through Richmond sometime.

16. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal
    hahahaha, Going out of business sale.

I didnt know the rhinos were having a sale.

17. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Well I don't know if it's a ghetto or not, but I doubt the attendance in Montreal will drop when they move into their new stadium like the attendance in Rochester has. When the fans prefer to watch the games in a baseball stadium than the SSS then they either aren't happy with the stadium or the location.

18. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I'm not trying to defend the Rochester fan base, but I can give you two reasons that it has dropped. First of all the team itself is not dominating as it has in previous years. And second, and probably most important, the fans were told that once the stadium is built that the owners would push for MLS. Of course Frank DuRoss made no such attempt, because he doesn't have the money nor the interest for MLS.

19. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    You forgot "neither" as a choice - they both look very high schoolish.

I really dislike bench seating.

20. Taoism

Taoism Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Maybe I am missing something, but doesn't the Montreal stadium have nothing but those blue plastic seats (i.e. not bench seating)?

Cheers!

21. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    You are correct - my bad - I saw this photo and thought that was bench seating. Apparently, those are the supports for the blue seats. (does everyone in Montreal weigh about 140 lbs? Those seats are small.
    [​IMG]

Since you've pointed out the error of my ways I'll chose Montreal.

22. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he forgot to mention to you that with the exception of two corner sections Rochester's Pae Tec Park also has all individual seating. (not that it should somehow sway your decision)

[​IMG]

23. Taoism

Taoism Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    It's not so much that I forgot, as it is that I don't know much about Pae Tec Park. ;)

Cheers!

24. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006

Ok - tie again - but now both are acceptable ;)

25. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal

We aren't a girthy city. And what People of The Sphere we do have, don't go to soccer games.