Which NHL team do you support+why?

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by Catfish, Jun 28, 2004.

1. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is Kolzig still the goalie?

If he is they might want to invest in a new one and I think it'll be something to see Ovechkin and Kovalchuk play against eachother this year.

2. Daje Lupi

Daje Lupi New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Toronto, Canada!

Yes Kolzig is still the goltender and I think they will do fine with him. You have to remember next season is going to be a very young roster for the Caps. Kolzig will lead this team. It will even things out. I think Kolzig is a perfect fit for this Cap team. For young goalies we have Ouellet and Charpentier.

3. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which one of those was the guy that shut out the Thrashers last year, I think it was Oullet, he will be very good.

4. Daje Lupi

Daje Lupi New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Toronto, Canada!
    It was probably Charpentier. Ouellet didn't get much play last season.

5. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    don't ya know it...

[​IMG]

6. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm an Islander fan! But actually for me now, I just root for players instead of teams, because there's no loyalty either way. I just happened to be a big Michael Peca fan, and when he was traded followed him to New York. The Islanders have really grown on me (kind of like some horrible disease) although I think I watched about 3 of their games on tv in my area. Rick DiPetro looks like he's the real deal, but of course with Mad Mike as the GM everyday as an Islander fan can be interesting.

7. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Suckin' up to the Canadians, I see! =)

8. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    11.9986 km from BMO Field
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    The Toronto Maple Leafs.

Why?

I was born in T.O, I lived in T.O and S Ontario for much of my life and most of my friends and family live there now.

I became a bigger fan of the team after I moved away; it's what keeps me connected.

And I just know that this is the year. I can feel it. Honestly.

9. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus.... I lived in Columbus from 89-96. Consider Cbus to be my home.

10. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Vancouver Canucks...cuz i'm from Vancouver.

11. Detlef

Detlef Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the Chicago Blackhawks, my local team, although I'd support them a lot more if the Wirtz family sold the team to someone competent.

the old Chicago Stadium was awesome. these days the United Center is a mausoleum :(

12. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Another Caps fan here, since the early 1980s when I first watched the game. Went to first game on March 23, 1986 (win over the Flyers; Bobby Gould goes 5-hole for the winner). Best experience ever still, despite it being a loss, was going to Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals in '98. Truly awesome.

I'm starting to think there are more Caps fans on here than went to some of the late-season AHL games masqueraded as NHL contests in '03-'04.

13. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    I may or may not be in this picture.

[​IMG]

15. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Grew up 10 min from the Rangers' old practice facility at Rye Playland in Westchester. It's been a pretty bleak, um, decade, but I'm hopeful that the Dolans will sell the blueshirts to folks who know how to run a team. It's hard to miss the playoffs for 7 straights years, ya know?

16. Stilger

Stilger Member

Nov 7, 2002
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Go Ducks!

17. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I couldnt have said it better... the farther you live from Toronto, the more you support the Buds, despite the heartbreak and mediocrity they produce year after year...

18. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <--------My username says who I support, the second part of my location explains why.

[​IMG]

19. Daje Lupi

Daje Lupi New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Toronto, Canada!
    Nice to see yet another Caps fan on here. I haven't been a Cap fan since the early 80's, I Started liking them in about 95-96. I used to watch the caps eery year they came to Toronto, but didn't haen my best experience until the time I went the last two years. I have always liked Jagr even wayyy before he came on the Caps. Then he got traded, I went to see him for the first time plying for Washington here in Toronto. Caps won 5-4, Jagr had like 2 goals and 2 assists. What a freaking game that was. I had awesome seats, about 8 rows from the glass. My goal this year is to go to MCI and catch a couple games.

20. live4lazio

live4lazio New Member

Feb 7, 2000
    columbus, Ohio, USA
    I'm with Fidlerre and Own-goal hatrick: Blue Jackets all the way! I was never a hockey fan until I moved to Columbus. I married into a hockey-loving family. My husband, father-in-law, brother-in-law and I all have season tickets together. I don't mind being the only woman in the family that goes to games.

My husband was born in Michigan so he and his family liked the Wings until the Jackets moved in. The Wings are still his second favorite team and my second is Boston. Reason for that is simple: we went to Boston to see a USMNT WCQ at Foxboro one weekend about 3 years ago and the game was on a Sunday. We had nothing to do in Boston on Saturday night after sightseeing so my husband decided to go to the Fleet Center. I went with, because I didn't wanna be left in the hotel room alone. Best decision I ever made. My first hockey game made me a fan and I have the Bruins to thank for that. But I love my hometown Jackets even more.

Rick Nash and Nikki Zherdev are gonna rule the NHL someday!

21. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was an altar boy and in 1980 and convinced the pastor to ring the church bells when the Islanders won their first cup.

The Islanders were the first sports team I really became fanatical about. My dad had liked hockey and had been something of a Rag$ fan, though not fanatical about it. Then the Islanders came to town and several companies he did business with had season tickets, so we got to go to a lot of games for free.

Despite not having lived on Long Island for 10 years, I still follow the team. It is in my blood, even though they have had bad issues the past 15 years or so.

One funny thing, I cannot go to a wedding and hear that stupid "Chicken Dance" song without going "the Rangers Suck" at the end of every line.

22. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Rangers make it so easy though. God, we're such a cursed franchise. I'm a Mets fan and hate the Yankees and their free spending ways. Yet as a Rangers fan, all I get is misery out of their free spending ways. Maybe it's me who's cursed.

23. Bosanac

Bosanac New Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Go Leafs Go!

24. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Beloved book and animated movie for the beloved icon of a beloved club :p. AND it disses the Leafs!

[​IMG]