Which La Liga club should I support and why?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Catfish, Sep 18, 2003.

1. pepster

pepster New Member

Mar 25, 2000
    real madrid, without question or hesitation. never mind the rest. ignore the political stuff. later on you may want to find out about spanish history on your own and make your own assessments. cheers.

2. aupa erreala!

aupa erreala! New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Gipuzkoa
    Real Sociedad, of course!!! :)

Now, seriously. Watch as many games as you can, it may take some time but sure you start to find out that there is a team that you like more than the rest. In most cases, you don´t "decide" what club you want to support.

3. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Albacete was El Queso Mechanico

4. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, you are right, my bad.

Got the regions mixed up, but Albacete is from Castilla La Mancha, the Manchego making region of Spain. Switch those facts on my post, I apologize.

5. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Don't worry, here in Spain we look funny at Mexican's accent too...

About choosing a team, you'd better watch several games before you decide and just go with the one you feel more comfortable with.

6. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

WOW.It's only I can say.Have you watched Real's games lately?Everyone knows that Real's fans ,that comes to Bernabeu, are most demanding fans in Europe.Did you see standing ovations after every game lately-for Ronie and Becks?Madrid's media is also very demanding-they call Becks and Ronie-geniuses these days.Ronaldo had problems at first ,but now he is very popular in Madrid-nobody cries about Moro anymore(unless you are female,of course).About Beckham I was sceptical also before-but so far he's been great.Update your knowledge,my friend.
    Now about Figo.I didn't start talk about morality of his move.I had this argument in other forums probably 100 times before-and I don't see how I can persuade Braca fans to understand him.For Barca fans he is traitor-for me just wonderful player who fullfiled his lifelong dream to play in best club in the world.He didn't leave Sporting for Benfica(if someone wants to draw comparison with Raul).But anyways -I talked about Barca's fans behavior towards him.I called them savages and thugs.(don't take your moderating job too seriously C-towner,I'm also moderator,and I don't see why you deleted my words,when every big newspaper in Europe called them exactly same epitets).Throwing at him cell phones and pig heads,threaten to kill him and his family-which other words can you use when you're talking about Barca fans?How low can you go?When Luis En. left-Madrid fans hated him,but never treated him in such manner.
    Real Madrid and Glory hunting.I became Real's fan in the eighties when they won UEFA Cup.Does it makes me Glory Hunter?Because they were winners?I've been with Madrid through Cruyff era at Barcelona,when we were always losers to them.I didn't became Barca fan,because to change your team every year-that is what I call Glory Hunting.I fell in love with Madrid for life-and no matter what I will be Merengue.Players come and go,coaches come and go,presidents come and go-team stays always-you have to stick with the team no matter what.It's strange to hear words_"my father was supporter,but I won't be supporting them anymore because they screwed somebody".What is this?Pure Glory hunting.

7. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You remind me of the “BUSHERS” that’s the Americans that call you unpatriotic if you question his motives!! Look buddy, Just cause a lot of Real Madrid supporters are like sheep with their latest bekam book and are willing to sacrifice trophies for honor, doesn’t make it right.

And as for the “nobody cries about Moro anymore (unless you are female, of course).” Comment, it makes me sick to be in the same category as you “A Real Madrid Supporter”
    You my friend think you’re a fan but u just are another poor sheep jumping on the Van while it’s Hot! Sometimes I feel like am rooting for in’sync and Man United are the Backstreet Boys!!!
    I think true Real Madrid supporters will not accept what happened to Heirro, Del Bosque and El Moro!!! Specially after wining the God damn Liga!!! And 3 CL’s for Heirro and El MORO!! Please tell me that you at least feel sorry for them and for the treatment that they have received after GREAT accomplishments, please! Please tell me that you WONT do this to your faithful employees that have help take your company to the top (if you own your own company), Please!

Ohh, and before I forget….
    I hate Bookam…..
    I hate fatso….

8. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I feel bad for them, reminds me of Guardiola and Rivo :(

9. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Of course I feel bad about it.Nobody's perfect,Real's bosses including,but it happens everywhere,not only in Madrid.I don't recall any of Barca's fanboy's quit when Gaspart was in charge.
    I don't want to talk about Moro-it's old bull#*#*#*#*#,get over it mam.Del Bosque's treatment was unfair one.No doubt.But it was necesarry if you expected to continue to win trophies.Hierro's sacking also wasn't nice-he is a legend after all,but no player can dictate to directors or president how they should run football team.He tried to do same thing in dressing room,what Michel and Martin Vasquez did in the eighties.(ask your father to tell you about it).But like I said,those were not nice moments-but certainly not the reason to quit support team,which your father supported.
    I'm not Beckham fanboy-I repeat if you blind.But so far he's been great.If you think otherwise-tell me in which games he sucked?
    Hey and I don't give a f#*#*#*# what you think about me,my friend.

10. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I am sure you don’t! That’s why you replied with a really Piss*ed off attitude.
    Please, spare me and go back to reading your Bitchkam book! I sure you already bought the Bekam shirt and pillow to match nicely while reading the book before you go to sleep.
    Later Sharshabeel!!

11. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You left me speachless.Congratulations ,you won the argument.

12. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I agree with what a lot of members of this board suggested, I recommend you to stay away from Real Madrid and Barcelona so you won’t be called a glory chaser, although it could back fire like it did to me!
    when I first moved to the US, my friends told me since I will be living here I might as well start watching their sports, so they took me to watch a baseball game and Oh My God, that the most boring time I have ever had, I walked out of the game in the 3rd nth, so they took me to see a football game and I enjoyed it so the next step was to choose a team to support , I lived in Kentucky back then (and by the way most of the people there where supporting either the Cowboys or the 49ers) and I decided to go with the Cincinnati Bangles cause they were good but mainly cause they werent the champs needless to say it backed fired and I believe the bangles have the worst record in the NFL history, they hardly ever win and I have never celebrated anything, BUT am still a bangle fan till the end or till they move to another city or in their case another country maybe Mexico!
    Go bangles….? am not sure.

P.S: I am a Madrista till the day I die.

13. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tal vez no entendiste.

Seria casi imposible adquerir un accento castellano con solo tomar clases en Illinois.

Bueno, puede que tenga un accento de Teruel... o El Barco de Avila. ;)

*txic**txic**txic* "Ehhhh, chotaaaaa!!!" :D

14. JuanRojo

JuanRojo New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Who to support?

Forget Barca and Madrid - in both cases you'd look like a glory-hunter and they are both arrogant and self-important. Go for a modest team who could, maybe, give you some fun and the occasional success. And who you may get to see sometimes. Deportivo, Mallorca, Villarreal, even ...