Which golden-goal felt better?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by living_ded_boy, Nov 10, 2003.

1. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Honestly.....i think because of the deep hole they dug themselves out of, I gotta go with Faria's goal. I can't rememeber ever feeling better about a sporting event as I did last night. Especially after the dirtbag Galaxy Supporters had the nerve to sing "Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye" after 13 minutes in......stupid asses. Karma baby!

2. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, what you said.

3. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Short yellow bus ride from LA to SJ: $20per
    Lyrics to "Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye": Free on KaZaa
    Food, Alcohol and Ticket to the Game: $50per

Dumbfounded look on the faces of Galaxy Suppoters as Faria puts the final nail in the coffin of the biggest choke-show in Galaxy history: F-ing Priceless!(for Quake fans anyway!)

4. cjnap

cjnap New Member

Apr 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Without a doubt Faria's goal felt the best. My voice is still hoarse today from taunting Ruiz and Cobi all night. All the way back from 4 - nil. I don't think I'll live to see another game like that again!!! Just send us the Cup - its our year!!!!

5. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Not to be a dissenter or anything, but I'm from the "never as good as the first time" school. I'd rank Dayak's Golden Goal vs. Miami in 2001 up there as well...simply because we'd never had a Golden Goal before, it put us into our first MLS Cup Final, and there had been so much pent-up animosity in the series and the last game was such a taut battle, that to end it in that dramatic fashion and drink Ray Hudson's champagne may have been top honors.

For a single strike, I'll take Troy...

For an entire match, I'll take last night for sure.

6. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted for DeRo's goal because it won the whole shebang!!
    But last night was freakin' incredible! The goals, the saves, the intensity and effort, the atmosphere at Spartan!
    The Quakes deserve a full next house, including the second deck, next Saturday!

7. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    There were LA supporters there? Oh yes, that small group of piss yellow scum hanging their heads in shame, now I remember.

8. chas1

chas1 New Member

Apr 4, 2003
    SO. EAST SPARTAN
    DeRos goal has brought a championship title to SJ. HOWEVER, the way we won last night was miraculous. Games like last nights are classics. After LA made their 2nd goal I was about to leave the stadium but the look on my sons face convinced me to stay. The look on the scums face was awesome too ! I wish I could've taken a picture. A big thanks to the team - let's go all the way.

9. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I've never seen a more pathetic sight.......hahahahaha! They looked like someone just clubbed their family dog to death right in front of them with their big dumb sad faces......I bet Faria's goal was a big big buzz kill....and then to watch the Quake fans begin to taunt them.

10. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Damn, and LA can only say they beat us on PKs in the Open Cup against our 2nd team twice, hahahaaha, this is great.

To the girl I knocked down celebrating in section 112, sorry again.

ps , The best part about our history is that all of the highlights come against the Galaxatives.

11. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Yeah, that's one of the best things about hanging in the South End with the Ultras. First you get a close up look at the dumbfounded faces of the LA fans, then you get to taunt them.

12. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Why were they surrounded by security?

13. chas1

chas1 New Member

Apr 4, 2003
    SO. EAST SPARTAN
    They were talking a lot of s/h/i/t - some SJ fans were going right up to them and making gestures. This one guy even told me he threw a cup of beer into this blokes face. I guess they had a paper sign that was pretty effed up ( referencing Scott and Lacy Peterson ) and a girl went over there and ripped it up.

14. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Is this true? Seriously? Did any reliable regular on this board see this banner? No offense chas1......I was pretty close to the LA Supporters and I never saw a banner or sign that referenced the Petersons. If that is the case, that is pretty disgusting.....honestly, if I saw that in my group, which was about 25 people, i'd kick my own peeps ass. How stupid is that, ripping on a sports team at a grieving family's expense....if true, very classless Riot Squad.

15. chas1

chas1 New Member

Apr 4, 2003
    SO. EAST SPARTAN
    I was in section 134. This guy sitting in front of me said that had happened sometime before kick-off. I don't see why I would make that up, it's just what he told me.

16. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    beautiful...i must steal.

17. Big Blue Soccer Fan

Big Blue Soccer Fan New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Milpitas, CA
    Don't be ashamed you didn't see the banner--the guy was holding it practically in our faces (we were sitting in section 134). It read: "We are Scott You are Lacy". Extremely classless and tasteless. And the guy that threw the beer on the idiot with the banner? I know him and he did NOT get thrown out. The lady that ripped up the jerk's banner (actually bright green poster board) was sitting two rows in front of us.

18. We Were Cut

We Were Cut Member

Sep 9, 2000
    Woodland, CA
    The main postgame thread talks about this. Supposedly, it was Dan Loney who writes for Cybersoccer News. One of the Ultras mentioned taking care of this ass.

But I didn't see it.

19. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Again, chas1, "NO OFFENSE", you heard it from "this guy", i'm not questioning you, and if you made it up you wouldn't have said that someone else told you. I just can't believe even the LA Riot Squad would lower themselves to that level......"Money shot" was creative and funny......this alledged banner, is not.

20. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

First off, i'm not ashamed......secondly, I wonder why only newbies saw it. Although that is rivalry board type material, I doubt Loney would do a banner of that sort for the public to see.....not his style.

21. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then why didn't he deny it. It seems his responses to the whole thing were deleted. But he never denied it.

22. JDKid

JDKid New Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Milpitas
    Well the banner was true and you could ask some of the club quake members who tore up the sign which almost caused a fight. That did help the beer chucker to get off with only a warning.

23. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I'm not saying that he didn't do it, i'm saying I doubt he would do it......If you saw it and said that you did, i'd believe you.....all I see now are newbies and secondhand banner sightings. I don't know Loney but he seems to know right from wrong in the posts i've seen, afterall, he did say that Ben Olsen was wrong for spitting on aimer.

24. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see it. But I don't doubt that it happened since Loney never denied it here on these boards. He most definitely responded to it. But never once to deny it.

But let's get this thread back on topic. Here's a thread to celebrate and reminisce about two of the most beautiful goals in Quake history. Now we're tainting it with this disgusting discussion.

25. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Well, i'll believe it when I hear it from a regular and if true, props to the people who tore it up, although I do not agree with dumping a beer on anyone for any reason, tearing up the banner spares Lacy's family the slight chance that it might get seen on a larger scale.