Which English club has the best history?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by portlanded, May 23, 2016.

1. portlanded

portlanded Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    I know this is a subjective argument in a lot of ways, but I read this piece discussing how Old Trafford played a role in WWII and it got me wondering which club in England has the richest history? I'm an Arsenal fan and I know the interesting formation of the club, but not much more. Are there other stories like this in the prem?

2. Harithcoyg

Harithcoyg New Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Liverpool's has a pretty interesting history. The founder of the club helped start Everton. He angered many of the shareholder's who thought he was trying to make a profit at the club's expense through various things like charging the club for playing on the pitch he owned (Anfield) in an attempt to get the club to buy the land so he could make a ton of money. The shareholder's decided to play their games elsewhere, and he decided to start Liverpool.

EvanJ repped this.
  3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would think all have a pretty rich history, unless of course you just mean 'success'?

4. MadcapDan

MadcapDan New Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you asking about clubs that have done good things to changed the course of history, or a football club's history of success?