Which 32 teams do you think will qualify for Qatar 2022?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Ofori, May 12, 2020.

1. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, and this would be a fitting tournament to qualify for too. Turkey and Qatar became best friends after the blockade from Saudi, UAE, Egypt, etc. in 2017 as Turkey sent troops and supplies so basically many products in the grocery stores here now are Turkish and they would be very well supported in Qatar.

edcalvi repped this.
  2. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Predictions

Serbia 0-2 Portugal
    Ireland 2-0 Luxembourg
    Czechia 1-3 Belguim
    Slovakia 2-1 Malta

3. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    I had Turkey in mind as a potential dark horse pick for the EURO tournament. I guess more people will start to jump on the bandwagon. I had watched both their games against France where they took four points. But I was rather sceptical about their chances to make it to Qatar. It's a huge statement. 6 points - 7:2 goals against the hardest opponents in their group.

r0adrunner repped this.
  4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I believe Saudi Arabia is/was pissed about a Turkish military base in Qatar.

I just found out they currently have the same manager from the 2002 WC, Senol Günes.

5. Every Four Years

May 16, 2015
    Miramar, Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Malta 2-0 up in Slovakia after 20 minutes! Whoa! Who’d a seen that one coming?!

Could have an all-time upset on the cards!

r0adrunner repped this.
  6. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
  7. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Game of 2 halves Serbia 2-2 Portugal
    Serbia 1st goal looked offside and the ball looked over the line for a winner for Portugal in injury time at the end. Linesman had a shocker today. What is wrong with fifa, ok can understand maybe no var but also no goal line technology in a world cup qualifying is so wrong.

8. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    #383 Kamtedrejt, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    Yeah it's a big step backwards. We have goal line technology for how long? Like 10 years. The ball from Ronaldo in the dying seconds was definately over the line. I saw it several times. I think this won't cost you guys. You should still come 1st in this group especially with the last game at home against Serbia.

But you lost some points for the FIFA Rankings and Ronaldo remains 8 goal shy of being the all-time highest national team goalscorer.

9. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It’s a shame, did not play smart in the 2 half they made changes and it payed off with them getting the 1st at the start of the 2half.

but still this is shocking from the linesman

10. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Another angle

TiempoExtra977 (@tiempoextra977) Tweetledi: Aquí la imagen del gol que le anulan a #CristianoRonaldo para ganar el partido en el último minuto ante Serbia

¡Una vergüenza arbitral! No es revisado porque no hay #var en las #EliminatoriasQatar2022 https://t.co/bP9RyUWsxw

11. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who care about who qualifies? Europe will win the World Cup again. They are far ahead in tactics and organisation.

12. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Luxembourg beating Ireland away? I knew Luxembourg was well improved, but is Ireland that bad?

13. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
    While I can't say from this (or the other picture) whether it's over the line or not I do know that it is really amazing how far the ball sometimes appears to be over the line without it actually being "over" the line.

I have seen cases where from some angles the ball looks to be so obviously a goal that it is not even worth questioning, and then you see the full side-on shot and it actually isn't.

Basically anyone who shows you a "what about this angle" shot that isn't side on is wasting their time. Every other angle is deceiving, and 99% of observers are just wishing thinkers.

J

BocaFan, r0adrunner and almango repped this.
  14. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Defenders is still sliding when they screen shot this pitcher

Nani_17 repped this.
  15. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    now look how his foot is now all the way around the ball were he is about to kick the ball and there is no way in hell any one can say the whole of the ball has not crossed the line, it’s almost half a meter over the line
    upload_2021-3-28_11-4-27.jpeg

upload_2021-3-28_11-6-49.jpeg

Nani_17 repped this.
  16. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    #391 Kamtedrejt, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    Czechia 1-1 Belguim

Czechia fully deserved this point. They were very compact abd spirited. Their willingness to run and close down the passing routes was recipe for success in this game. They limited Belguim to only four shots on target which is exceptional. They had their moments upfront too. It could have gone either way. De Bruyne hit the post in the 2nd half, Czechia had also a long-range shot that hit the crossbar and a header that was cleared just before the line in the dying seconds. If there were any doubts about Czechia there can't be any now. They are back and belong to the better of the 2nd tier sides.

Serbia 2-2 Portugal

Portugal looked absolutely in control in the 1st half and they let it look even easily. Jota with a brace. Serbia responded in astonishing manner right from the start of the 2nd half. The game changed totally in a span of a few minutes. After the equalizer they looked for a short period like they could score even another one. Then it settled down again. In the dying seconds Ronaldo was one-on-one with the Serbian goalkeeper and curled the ball home but the linesmen didn't award Portugal the goal. Serbia was very lucky there. If the look at the game the draw was maybe the fair result as Serbia did a lot of effort to fight back.

17. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Prediction

Kazakhstan 0-3 France

18. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Norway 0-3 Turkey

Turkey was right there from the 1st minute and scored early on. They looked very confident and were very aggressive. They are flying high at the moment. Norway didn't find a way to feed Sorloth and Haaland with passes. It was a great team effort by Turkey. Haaland was shut down and didn't got a single clear cut chance. Sorloth hit the woodwork when it was 0-1. Maybe it could have been more levelled if he had scored. It's also scary how opportunistic Turkey is upfront. They had only three goals on target and all went in.
    They are in command of this group and can be very hopefull that their 20 years World Cup drought comes to an end.
    Norway on the other hand is still not where I expected them. They need a better connection between the midfield and the strikers. Haaland needs more support. It's up to the likes of Odegaard to step up.

Croatia 1-0 Cyprus

Croatia did only the bare minimum to get by. Cyprus was very organized and made life very difficult for Croatian attackers. It's shocking that except for the goal Croatia failed to creat any clear cut chances. Luck was also involved in their goal when a Cypriot defender was unlucky to head the ball straight to Pasalic who took advantage of that mistake. Cyprus wasn't dangerous going forward. So Croatia could see off this game without major problems.

19. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Predictions

Armenia 1-0 Iceland
    Georgia 0-2 Spain
    Denmark 3-0 Moldova
    Albania 1-3 England

20. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    I'm watching Armenia - Iceland. Stadium is at least about half full. Georgia - Spain at the same time has a crowd too. It looks like several of the former Soviet states are handling the situation diffetently.

r0adrunner repped this.
  21. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Okay so the photo in which the ball seems to be a good 4 or so inches pass the line is some sort of optical illusion, and if we tilt to a 90 degree angle the ball might have swelled 4 inches to the right? Okay fine, it's just typical bias homer views.

After the game while F.Santos was talking to the referee, Santos was told by the ref that he will look at it after and if he felt it was his error he would call to apologize.

Guess what? Santos got a call with an apology. So I guess this time we "wishful thinkers" were correct.

Paul Calixte repped this.
  22. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Predictions

Bulgaria 0-3 Italy
    Israel 1-1 Scotland
    Kosovo 1-3 Sweden
    North Macedonia 3-0 Liechtenstein
    Austria 4-0 Faroe Islands
    Poland 5-0 Andorra
    Romania 2-3 Germany
    San Marino 0-4 Hungary
    Switzerland 3-0 Lithuania
    Ukraine 2-1 Finland

r0adrunner repped this.
  23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Correct if you say it was over. Not so correct if you argue it was over by a mile. I mean, it was very close.

r0adrunner repped this.
  24. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    90% correct in terms of results and almost 100% as Finland equalised right at the end in Kiev.

25. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I said roughly 4 inches. Either way a goal is a goal and clear is clear. Pretending it's disputable isn't a bias position by Portugal supporters, but a bias opinion by those that refuse reality.