wheres the aknowlegement on the road?

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by dcchelseafc, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not being an ass, it's a visual aide. Like Blondie mentioned, having them wave just to have them wave is a little empty. But saying, "Look at this - these are the best fans in the league. They stood out in the pouring rain to cheer us on. They also spend their own money to cheer us on at away games. They're with us whether we win or lose. The least we can do is acknowledge them after a game, like they acknowledge us."

2. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    its over kill and i'm sure if i did it to dave, he'd think i'm an ass. a 20 second phone call has always "fixed" this problem, with no need for visual aids.

i've been the barra "liason with the FO" for 7 years, i'm pretty clear on the best way to get results.

3. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i've contacted the appropriate people. it will be mentioned to tommy and team again.

i think we can close this. i'll follow up with mark and paul personally

\

4. DCU_Rick

DCU_Rick New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Right behind you.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I miss the memo where we became martyrs? We were all there, drenched through and through, and singing our lungs out (those of us who do that) because we wanted to be there. The team knows what we do. It's no secret here and around the league. If it's decided that we're going to prod the team a little in an effort to gain a little road acknowledgment then so be it, but we don't need to throw in their faces the fact that we're willing to do what we do just to prove that point.

5. Troy G

Troy G New Member

Apr 18, 2008
    WMATA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm with Rick...

6. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess that is my point - that picture is just an example. But if the team knows what we do and it's no secret, I would think that you wouldn't have to prod anyone for a little acknowledgement on the road or otherwise. I'm still a little miffed after the last home game last year only 3 players came up and thanked the fans - a vet, a newbie, and probably the most unpopular guy in the team.

Rob, thanks for taking this to the team and I'm grateful of all that you and the FO does for us. It's the main reason I love the team and the Barra.

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The crank factor is unusually high today and it's starting to wear my ass out. People need to take a chill pill and breathe. Maybe the tailgate on Friday will help, God only knows how many of those we have left. Until then...

MFing Thread Closed.