Where's Richard?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by mitquinn, Oct 25, 2004.

1. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    My thoughts and prayers are definitely with Richie and his family. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't ready to play next week in KC. He may want to spend a bit more time with his family before he goes back to training...

2. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for that L. Earlier I found the funeral home site on the web and was hoping I could send a condolence message throught that. But when I plugged in Richard's mom's name, I got no result. I would hope to be part of any message we can send him.

3. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Maybe we can hit a crafts store and buy some puple ribbon or something. We can start passing out little purple ribbons for everyone to wear in her memory and in support of Richie....I dunno, just an idea......

4. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm trying to find out, but maybe Club Quake can find out if there is an organization or charity that the family has asked that donations be made to.

5. batfam

batfam New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Brandon, FL
    My family extends a heartfelt best wishes to the Mulrooney family. In the big scheme of things, soccer takes a back seat to family.

6. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's such a nice thought Linds. Richard is a fiercly private person though. While the thought of the ribbons come from deep inside your heart, I'm a bit unsure about what to think of the idea.

7. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    That is also an idea. We an get some donations together...something as little as $5.00 each or something, and getting it to the fron toffice so that they can forward it to the correct locations....
    I will do anything that i can to help with any of these ideas, just let me know, please. I do not have very much financial freedom. I am willing to dip into my "wedding fund" a little to get some of the supplies, but can't spare much.....let me know....

8. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    Yeah, I thought about that, too. I dunno, I just feel like we should do SOMETHING! In the grand scheme of things, I guess nothing we do will really help him and how is feeling at this time, though....
    I know how it feels to lose somebody that close to you....as if your world is falling on top of you, trapping you in....it sucks :(

9. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Knowing that people care makes a difference. Even fiercely private people appreciate expressions of sympathy at a time like this.

Maybe someone in touch with the team can give us a heads up?

10. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wondered about that, I noticed the Nike band and I saw him say something but couldn't make it out... that's really sweet. That team is amazing.

11. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never noticed the black armbands...

It's a common cliche in sports psychology... the players want to turn their focus into a higher level that they go into a zone... it's worked both ways: either they turn in the performance of their lives, or they are so worn out mentally that they cannon concentrate, more or less focus, what's going on in the game...

I'll add this view--if the players knew about the sad events, they certainly turned up their game even further, and good for them they were able to win one for the Lionheart.

If and when he returns, we'll see how he steps up and performs...

Just my kind of player--quiet, fiercely private, and would rather let his work do the talking...

Normally those types of personalities are very mum, but they're very humble and appreciate all the support that come their way, even if it's a simple gesture.

keep the faith...

12. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is very well said, TS. And very true. He may not express it himself, but when the expression comes from others...that's quite a different thing.

13. Aquari

Aquari New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Maybe we can send condolence cards to the front office?

14. Al Salinas

Al Salinas New Member

Apr 11, 2000
    fremont
    I beleive that is a very good sugestion any one knows the address ?

15. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    SJ Earthquakes offices are at 100 N. Almaden Ave., SJ, CA 95110. (Note that it is Ave., not Blvd.).

16. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    I will be making a large card for the Mulrooney family and bringing it to the next game (considering we r going to kick some KC butt this weekend, and make a fantastic run all the way to the cup). Anybody and everybody is welcome to sign it....I will either deliver it to Richard myself (dependant upon if he comes back), or I will send it into the Front Office....
    Just FYI....

17. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    My family's condolences and prayers go out to the Mulrooney family.

18. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Uh. We wont be having anything close to a home game untill next April.

19. mlsfan11

mlsfan11 Member

May 20, 2001
    Daly City, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sending a card to Richard M. care of the Earthquakes office.

20. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    So......are you going to Colorado or LA? :confused:

21. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Or KC?

Good news...today's Merc says Richard will be w/the team Saturday in KC; he stayed match fit by running while he was away from the team. Kinnear said he should have no problem rejoining the lineup if needed. So I can't tell from what Dom says whether Richard is starting, but at least he'll be there.

22. bcguy4quakes

bcguy4quakes BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 27, 2000
    Santa Cruz, CA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a suggestion, Linds, bring it to the viewing party at the downtown Brit on Sat, and have the people there sign it. You could probably even give it to one of the Quakes staffers that will be there to deliver to Richie, or even walk it over to the Quakes office, only a block or two away.

23. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    Sadly, I live about 2 hours away from San Jose, and will be a work all day Saturday.....which means my viewing party consists of myself and maybe my mom sitting in front of my lame tv by myself chering on my boys, from tape. I thought that we would have another home match if we made it to the next round...guess I'm wrong tho. I'll just send a condolence card from myself to Richie in care of the front office.......

24. crewzer1308

crewzer1308 New Member

May 11, 2004
    Ohio
    Poor Richie!!!! I met him here in Columbus when he came out with the Earthquakes. He's such a nice guy. If I was closer I would do anything to help out. I guess my friend and I will wear purple ribbons to support. Despite the fact I live in Columbus I still favor San Jose. I believe they will kick butt on Saturday and advance to the final. Hopefully my hometown team can do the same thing. My thoughts and prayers are with the Mulrooney family! GOD BLESS THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :(