Where's Kenny?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Jacques Strappe, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. ;)

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    And I wish I could score like Henry, but that won't make it so.

Most of us wish Cooper well, we just also wish England would get over whatever happened between Bobby C and Mrs. England and get back to telling us what Kenny ate this week and how many times he turned Rio in the 6 v 6 yesterday.

And I personally wish he could break his elipse habit... we can dream... can't we...

And... I don't... understand... the problem... since the question... was answered... in post... 6...

3. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can anyone of you explain me the difference between Convey and Cooper?
    short and simply.
    Thank you

4. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Convey is a left mid/left back/center mid - got some appearances with Reading first team, played in MLS with DC, and is a US NAT.

Cooper is a tall forward with Man U - he doesnt appear regularly for first team and has never played in MLS, and is not capped.

5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Convey is a one-eyed no talent pretty boy with naked pictures of Bruce and farm animals.

Cooper is god, if she was a American target forward of English parentage who played on Manchester United's reserve squad.

6. Lord15

Lord15 New Member

Jun 20, 2001
    Southeast
    LOL. Classic.
    I was going to make a joke about Bobby's vision - trying to figure out how to phrase it - and there it is.

Oh, and Fid
    Bridget Moynahan is too hot. Take down that avatar.

7. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    now I´m irritated....convey is a man with naked picture of bruce
    and farm animals?...hm...is he.....?....Convey?...Hm..mystery man..

Cooper is god? I thought Landon and Adu are american god..at least
    some of you told that on bigsoccer...

now i´m completely irritated.....help!...:)

your bltleo

8. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    England66..using his english humor again:...why can not you
    stop to laugh so much?...you should better explain me
    easy and short: CONVEY VS. COOPER!

your bltleo

9. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

you are both funny here......Lord 15....and england66
    does it mean that Bobby is not good?
    simply question..with my german brain:)

10. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    BAsically... there isn't anything comparable about them

Cooper is tall
    Convey is short

Cooper is a forward
    Convey is a midfielder (often played as a left back for the USA)

Cooper has never been capped
    Convey seems to always get called in to the national team

Cooper is/was with the ManU reserve side, got loaned out twice last year - neither of which really worked for him.
    Convey was with Reading last year, played very sparingly.

So basically, people like to pick on Convey because he can't hold onto a starting job in the 2nd tier of football in England, but he gets called into the national team.

However, there really is no point comparing the 2 since their history and positions are vastly different.

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I want no irritated Germans on this web site, and certainly no completely irritated Germans anywhere, so here's the short version as best I know it -

Kenny Cooper is a kid from Texas whose folks are British, or at least Dad is. England66 is an English born former USMNT players who is a friend of Cooper and his family. Cooper got signed by ManU's reserves a couple seasons ago, despite not being high on the USMNT youth development radar. Kenny did fairly well with the ManU reserves, but two loans last season, one to Academie in Portugal and the other to Oldham did not work out the best. (I think Cooper had 5 or 6 appearance with Oldham and 3 goals?? anyway, it's searchable.)

England66 is a loyal and tenacious Cooper supporter and repeatedly calls for his inclusion in the USMNT team, or at least camp - which, given that McBride is aging, Conor Casey seems not to be able to really assert himself in the spot, Razov is done, Twellman has not owned the spot, EJ is hurt, Mathis is out of favor - is not a completely off the wall suggestion.

Convey is a middie from Philly who played for DC United. He was part of the Landon/Beasely/Convey triumverate that came up together in the U-17s and formed the nucleus of the midfield. Convey has not improved as much as LD and RunDMB have. He was bought by English Championship/Cola league/2. EPL (in German terms) team Reading, who were in the promotion hunt for a bit last year. He was their most expensive signing ever, I think, but failed to nail down a starting spot. He played in a dozen or so first team games.

Anyway, England66 has decided that since Convey has had a bunch of 1st team caps for the USMNT (Bruce has tried him at LM, RM, Amid and for a while at LB - bruce likes an unbalanced midfield with one attacking back and he was trying to slot Convey into that - making a kind of fluid 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 formation.) he is keeping Cooper off the squad, despite the fact that Cooper does not play midfield or LB and that Convey is no longer first team USMNT choice (although could be if he showed he can pull off the attacking LB spot - which I don't think he can do.)

So whenever Cooper is mentioned, England66 mentions Convey and the fact that he is not a lock-down starter for Reading but still gets call-ups for the USMNT and Cooper, who plays for ManU reserves (but, to be fair, crashed out of a 2nd division Portuguese team and Oldham) does not.

England66 should be attacking Conor Casey or Brian Ching, but they both have two good eyes and Convey is blind in one eye - so he makes an easier target.

Hope that helped.

12. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    not bad...fairly balanced....however Academica de Coimbra is a Portuguese FIRST division team (although a bad one) and Cooper did get to play in 8 games and of the 4 he started Academica won three (even though Cooper didn't score) I may have mentioned this before but I believe there are few things tougher for a player than playing as a single striker in a poor team. At Oldham Cooper scored 3 in 5 starts, injured a knee slightly and went back to Man U to re-hab for the last month of the past season.

I am well aware that he and Convey play different positions, I just find it strange that Convey is often called into camp, plays fairly regularly, yet can't play much for Reading and in fact plays mostly for Reading reserves, without question a lower level than Manchester United reserves....

13. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    I'm not the only one who thinks neither of them have any business getting called up am I?

14. JohnW

JohnW Member

Apr 27, 2001
    St. Paul
    No. Count me in (or out--however you look at it).

15. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    THANK you very much
    VIELEN DANK
    It was very good comment.
    Now I understand. Well I know who is ENGLAND66. He is supeer
    nice man and valuable member here at this board. I like him here.
    Just you have given me many information now. Thank you again.
    your bltleo

16. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Hello England66...so you agree with this comment...
    I was so curious....and I dit not understand all these discussion
    Convey-Cooper....Now I do understand...it is easier for me
    to discuss at this board now....You know such information
    we don´t get in Germany.....So you are expert on Cooper...
    I will keep it in my mind, Mike.
    So maybe you could put some information about MU reserves and
    then I have all news..
    Thank for great explatation here...

your bltleo

17. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ach Mike Segroves, spying on me again:)...
    Dont´worry..Panzers are not warming up...
    I got great explatation and I´no more irritated german girl now:)
    welcome here!!
    your bltleo

18. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

20. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:
    wow I got my first hyper sensitive DCU neg rep for saying this? :rolleyes: C'mon people lighten up and live.

21. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Karbssiyoon is a LEFT BACK. He played for Arsenal reserve and scored a goal in the CUP against Denny Mills (England's right back at 2002 WC) and Manchester City. He also played some games for a Division one team that may promoted to EPL. He looks that he may get first team playing time for Burnley.

How about calling him up? :)

22. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

...you should see some of the neg. rep. I get......personally I thought your comment as well as being funny, was right on the money.....

23. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

24. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    loan

england66,

Any chance of seeing Cooper get a loan deal similar to what Spector just got for next season?

25. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

England66,
    I have simply question. How good is Cooper really?
    I would prefer your opinion.
    Can you compare him with some english or german players since
    I know german or english players better. .
    Thank you
    Bltleo