Where Will We Land?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by da zen, Dec 14, 2005.

1. da zen

da zen New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    'Sri Lanka'
    Keeping the matters about crisis days and replacements...to a side,,, what do you all think about our this season's silverware... where will we be at the end of the season? willl we be able to win any silverware...?
    The Good thing is that we havent lose any competition yet.. so, its all up for grab! The way we sail our ship... whats gonna happen...

- UEFA Champions League
    - Spanish La Liga
    - Copa Del Ray

i forgot about all three!!!!

2. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    im being catiously optemistic bout this season i think we might come out with one of La Liga or the CL .. call me crazy but with all we've been thru, playin like crap and injury wise we're only 6 points of the top ! .. if we ever get to play decent football on a regular basis n steer clear of major injuries for the rest of the season i dont c why we cant be toping the table come may ... but that is one big IF :p

3. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

It's nit really a big "if" as you put it. Although I didn't say we would gain la liga I would never rule out the possibility. Firstly last year we went into the Christmas break a staggering 14 points behind Barca. By June we finished just 4 points away from then including ridiculous loses to Bilbao at HOME and Getage away. It's how we go about our football that will determine if we win La Liga. The best team always win the league not always the case for a cup. Realistically the league is Barca's to throw away because they are undoubtedly hell of a lot better than us. But since the injury to Xavi they haven't been as convincing and Eto'o will miss several weeks due to commitments to Cameroon. Who know's if Barca slip up or if we can catch up, however, that also depeds on our own form. If they do lose we must make sure we're right behind them and winning.

This question is pretty damn hard to answer because right now Barca are better than us and we need them to slip up, there are much stronger teams in Europe than us and we have no idea what type of team Caro will throw out in the Copa Del Rey. You can never rule any team out of a cup competition because it measures no consitency as Liverpool showed. They were poor domestically but untouchable in Europe. Although I prefer la liga that is the type of form our players should try to emmulate whilst playing in Europe. The draw could also be kind to us if we get Arsenal or Inter!

4. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    copa del rey should be our trophy this year.Last time we eached the final and lost . It was all downfall after that.We haven't reached another final yet.

We haven't won this since 1994 i think.

5. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005
    Who else is entering Ray's Cup?

6. lizardking

lizardking New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago
    I think it's a bit too early to make a prediction now. They players we'll sign in the winter market is an unpredictable factor. Plus we still need time to see how Caro (or a new coach) is going to perform.
    Real Madrid is not on a track now.

7. Korbenn

Korbenn New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Finland
    I think we should 1. only make one or two reinforcements in the winter market, 2. stick to our group and GOD I hope Caro can get the team playing against big clubs with the same positive groove we played Malaga and thus 3. we can keep this coach untill the end of the season!

It might sound crazy saying Real Madrid should keep the B-team coach and expect him to deliver hard competition for La Liga anf CL but I want to believe it's possible. We will just have to wait and see out the next few matches and how they compete.

It frustrates me that a club as HUGE as Real Madrid can't remain calm instead of pushing the panick button (and fire the coach) everynow and then. Bashing out coaches won't bring prizes.

8. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree.
    People should trust this coach.
    I don't think Real will win La Liga or CL, because Barcelona is too good right now.
    But this season will have a nice ending and the fans will have a lot of hope for the next one.

9. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Where's the option for the treble? :D