Where will USMNT practice in Miami?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by uclacarlos, May 24, 2009.

1. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I will be in Miami this coming week and would love to check out a practice, if possible. I tried finding info at ussoccer.com to no avail.

Anybody know?

[I came **this close** to going to San Jose for the game: dirt cheap flight and I've got a place to stay there, but I'm trying to buy a house so I've got to be around those days to close the sale. :( ]

2. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Nerazzuri

Nerazzuri New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    St Louis
    Before coming into the thread, I was going to come post that they've often used Barry University before, so it looks like that's still the case.

4. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    The training sessions are not open to the public.

5. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Remind me NEVER TO COME TO SOUTH FLORIDA THE LAST WEEK OF MAY THRU THE FIRST HALF OF JUNE.

What shitty weather! A couple of hours of nice sun in the morning followed by torrential rain and general f'ugliness until the early evening. Even if the sessions *were* open to the public, I wouldn't have been able to head over there b/c our days have been dictated by the weather.

Still enjoying myself, though...

6. StevenGerrardisGod

StevenGerrardisGod New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    St. Louis
    I have heard from my sources that when the USMNT comes to Chicago, they hold training sessions at the University of Illinois Chicago. Can anyone else confirm this? I would really like to see a training session before I leave on Thursday.