Where will Steven Gerrard end up?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by gaijin, Jul 5, 2005.

1. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    With the Liverpool captain now saying he wants to leave Anfield, where will he end up for next season?

* Real Madrid

* Chelsea

* Barcelona

* Inter Milan

* AC Milan

* Arsenal

* Manchester Utd

* Other? (state please)

2. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He's come out and said it publicly?

3. KopThat!

KopThat! Red Card

Aug 16, 2004
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Good riddence Gerrard. Better players than him have left LFC and none have furthered their careers. He'll never match that night in Istanbul wherever he goes and he'll never play on a stage that equals Anfield on a big Euro night. He can only go downhill.

4. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He will go to Bayern Munich after the sale of Ballack to Chelsea for 40 million pounds Gerrard will be purchased for 35 million.

5. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    At this point, I hope its Real Madrid. If he went to Chelsea I would learn to hate him. And I really don't want to hate him after seeing him lift the European Cup for Liverpool.

6. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Or nowhere in England, for that matter. Seeing him in anything but Liverpool red is bad enough, I don't want to play him twice a year on top of that.

7. Kontra

Kontra New Member

May 27, 2004
    Porto
    or no one will give that much money for an english player, except a english club.

8. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    It's probably gonna be Chelsea. They've got the money and the likelihood to win cups, in particular in Champions League. I used to like Gerrard but to turn his back on Liverpool just like that after the team and the fans praising him for the performance in the CL and the experiences and emotions from that...just unacceptable! If he does go after the money and Chelsea...he'll be added to the black book of bastards.

9. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Never mind, i just watched Sky sports news :cool:

10. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He won't sign for an english club, he'll move abroad, Barce or Real in my opinion :cool: but i think Real will win :)

11. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Barcelona i don´t think so they don´t have the money.
    IMO it will be Real Madrid or Chelsea.

12. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mourinho might be able to turn Gerrard into a even better player than he is now, or can join Becks, Owen and Woody in England Madrid :cool:

13. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Makelele, Gerrard and Lampard! That would be a dream midfield! If he goes to Chelsea Mourinho will have to leave out 1 of these 3 guys Duff, Robben or Cole, considering he will always have 1 striker...
    If he goes to Real Madrid he will probably carry all their midfield and have extra work since, Beckam, Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul, Figo...? Aren´t the kind of players who will help on the defensive tasks.
    So if he wants to leave Liverpool to really improve his career i am only seeing Chelsea as an option.

14. KopThat!

KopThat! Red Card

Aug 16, 2004
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Hehe, didn't Owen leave to 'improve' his career? Meanwhile, one bench warming season at Real and CL win for Liverpool.....You gotta laugh really! :D

15. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Lol i remembered that on my last post, Owen wasn´t very smart or lucky... ;)

16. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    i would love to see him come to juve. moggi is looking for a midfielder to pair with emerson and who better than stevie.

17. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    and 5th placed in the league, getting dominated by the likes of Bolton and Southampton.

18. timberley11

timberley11 New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Where ever he goes I know he will never be as loved by the fans as he was at Liverpool, but I agree with other comments in here, better and bigger players have left Anfiield.

Personally I blame the agents involved in today's game :mad:

19. Bungle

Bungle New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Los Mochis
    LOL, plonker.

20. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Barcelona doesn't want/need/can't afford him, Arsenal is a nice club but I wouldn't like seeing him play for another premiership club then Liverpool and he wouldn't go to Ajax really. Just stay at Liverpool, please?

21. Bungle

Bungle New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Los Mochis
    Its going to be Chelsea, though I dont see why Man U and Arsenal try to get him as well.

22. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    i agree and roma has been blocked by uefa so the cassano deal is likely down the tube so that frees up alot of money for juve to go out and sign him or they could sell trez to chelsea for 35 mill and use that money for gerrard and spend the money formerly alloted to cassano to sign palermo striker luca toni he costs 11 million

23. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Its probably down to Chelsea or Real. Chelsea can offer him a starting spot on day one. Real can........offer him the privilege of playing for Real Madrid.
    Depends on what he wants to do vis a vis pissing off the Liverpool faithful, who'd certainly be more upset at him leaving for Chelsea.

24. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    I agree with nicephoras, I'm sure both clubs can be equally... persuasive... towards the player and Liverpool. Maybe Chelsea even more so that Madrid, but Gerrard strikes me as the kind of guy that would rather play abroad than against his former club, so that might give Madrid the little edge they lose in the economics department.

25. slidingtackleCOM

slidingtackleCOM New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Im thinking Chelsea or Madrid. I really do hope it is the latter though.