Where to watch tonight's game -- Austin

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by VioletCrown, Jul 7, 2005.

1. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured I should post a different thread. I figured the Austinites might not notice if I posted in Drumr's thread.

According to Darrin at Ringers, they get Telefutura. So my plan is to be there. It's at 415 Colorado. I'm pretty sure that's almost next door to the original Alamo Draft House.

I called a few other places (BD's, the Tavern), and while they said they had DirecTV (which supposedly carries the Telefutura local channel here in Austin), they said they didn't have Telefutura.

At the moment, I don't have any backup plan if this doesn't pan out.

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its a damn shame.

3. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose Dave & Busters would be worth calling. Maybe. For those folks that are out in the Hill Country.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Code:
    [U]Network	Affiliate	Local Channel #	3-Digit Channel # (for older receivers)[/U] 
    UPN	KBEJ		2		905 
    Fox	KTBC		7		906 
    PBS	KLRU		18		907 
    ABC	KVUE		24		908 
    NBC	KXAN		36		909 
    CBS	KEYE		42		910 
    [B]TFT	KBVO		51		904[/B] 
    WB	KNVA		54		911 
    Uni	KAKW		62		912
    They probably didn't know what Telefutura was. Tell them to tune in channel 51.

5. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX
  6. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.

The guy that was in charge of setting the channels found 51 all right. And it had the game listed all right. But all it gave him was a black screen. Which was what the other bars were getting that I had called.

Apologies to anyone that showed up there that I *didn't* meet. It looks like the bars here really do not have Telefutura available to them. Makes me wonder if you don't get it even if you personally have DirecTV.

This totally, totally irrevocably insanely sucks.

Congrats, those of you that got to watch this game. We didn't. But that was, as far as I know, only 5 of us, so I guess that's not much of a loss to CONCACAF.

7. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you're not missing that much.

USA improved during the final 20 minutes of the 1st half, but the first 25 minutes were some of the worst I've seen in years from the USMNT.

8. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, every one of them that I called tried. But it appears that the package the bars get doesn't get anything above 850 or so. Seems as the bars don't need to see local TV. I wonder what they do when a game is on a local channel. Guess they're simultaneously broadcast on some other channel.

Oh, well.

Hope y'all enjoyed the game!:( :mad:

9. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the Brazil v USA Fado fiasco on Telefutura at the Confederations Cup a few years ago - unless the bar has The Dish - I don't trust nobody.

10. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only the oldest DirecTV receivers would have the game on those channel numbers. I've got a first-generation DirecTV receiver at home and that's how I have to tune in the D/FW channels.

On most every other DirecTV receiver, however, you would just punch in the regular channel number (channel 007 for KTBC, channel 036 for KXAN, or whatever).

It's pretty similar with DISH, too.