Where to watch in Israel?

Discussion in 'Israel' started by bostonf4lyf, Jul 5, 2008.

1. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
    So I will be spending a year in Israel and I am nervous as to where I'm going to watch my beloved Arsenal. I'm not going to have access to a cable television and I'm looking for some good bars. Any recommendations will be helpful. I'll be staying 3 months in Jerusalem and 3 in Bat Yam and the rest isnt sorted out yet.

2. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can watch most Premier League matches in Israel. Both Jerusalem and Bat Yam have bars with televisions for watching football. Just walk around before a match in either downtown area. I am sure that you will find a place to watch.

There is no "Arsenal pub" like in New York etc.

3. David-G

David-G Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Miami
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    When you live in Bat Yam just go to Tel Aviv. There's this place, I think its at the end of Dizengoff near the port, I went there last year a few times to watch EPL games. Arsenal matches were on both times and they had quite a big crowd of Arse supporters, I think most of them English too. It was fun too because they lost both times. ;)

Don't know about Jerusalem, but there are most likely bars showing them just can't guarantee that you will get the same atmosphere.

Also, if you might be going on YJ Year Course, which your trip kinda sounds like, a lot of British kids do it. Most of them tend to be Arsenal supporters as well.

4. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
    yeah, im doing the year course, haha. thanks for the help. sp*rs still suck:p

5. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
  7. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    How much silverware, "mickey mouse" or otherwise, did Ar5ena1 win this year?

8. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
    i would rather finish fourth and nearly win the major trophies than win the carling cup and be middle of the table

9. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For your own knowledge, there is a pub called Dublin: Irish Bar. They show matches, but they don't put the sound over the speakers, they play music making it very frustrating to watch a match there.