Where should Arsenal go?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by footykid, Sep 7, 2005.

1. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    For my 18 birthday I've managed to talk my parents into letting me get a tatoo. So I've decided on getting either the Arsenal cannon, or Arsenal in script. But, I'm not sure where to put it...

Oh, and if you have the time, a way of telling my gf in no uncertain terms will it be her name. :D

2. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    You have a mind of your own, no? :rolleyes:

3. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely not on the small of your back-someone might mistake it for a bullseye...... ;)
    But for the tat-bicep or ankle......
    And tell the girl you are only 18 and if she is still your girfriend in 10 years you might consider getting her name tattoo'd somewhere......tell her the story of Winona and Johnny or Billy Bob and Angelina for scary name tattoo and doomed relationship references.

4. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on the size you want, if you want it to be seen, and if it is the cannon or script. Arm or chest for the cannon would be good places. Script, especially if it is bigger, should go on the back. Script on the arm is hard to read as it wraps around.

But before you get it, really think hard about whether you want it or not. Also, be sure you are happy with whatever design you choose.

5. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    The ankle is the fraternity stand by, although one of my buddies got his "Phi Alpha" on his ass (Crazy SAE's)

I passed, as I would probably advise you to do, but if you've got to get it, go for the shoulderblade.

6. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ankle tattoo = girl

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shoulder blade. That way it can be hidden when it needs to be.

8. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    You're crazy....

I have a PSG tatoo in the inside of my heart... Where it should always be. :)

I always find football tatoos make you look like a hooligan. My friend has a Derby County one, when he went abroad, all these football fans thought he was an ultra. lol.

9. themodelcitizen

Jul 23, 2000
    BMO Field - Sec. 114
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Freddie has a nice tattoo of 'Arsenal' in the old style lettering across the small of his back. It was inspired by, I imagine, the identical lettering across the back of the old dreamcast shirts, in the same place.

10. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forearm for sure let every one you now who you support. :D

Or you can do the neck people will get out of your way when they see that. ;)

11. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    There are a few hockey players that would disagree with you, including Mike Keane. as that's where they like to "commemmorate" their Stanley Cups.

As for where to put Arsenal, I knew a Newcastle supporter who put it on his calf. Since he was insane, I'd advise against doing that. If your goal is to disturb people, have "Arsenal" written on your fingers on one hand (a la Cape Fear) and "Gooner" on the other hand. :D

12. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    LOL well with a team like Derby county I can see their point :p

13. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    damnit, don't get the cannon. get something else. seriously, i am holding in my hand right now the cash that i was going to use TOMORROW MORNING to go to the tattoo shop and get the arsenal cannon over my heart. See, i even had a place for it. damnit. i'm getting the old one, from the badge just before the one they use now.

14. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: :eek: HOW MANY FINGERS DO YOU HAVE!!! :D

15. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    an ARSEnal tattoo on the arse?
    har har har :D

16. SnipersBreath

SnipersBreath New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Hillside
    Don't get one...period

17. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Actually, I planned this for that former Marlins closer, Antonio Alfonseca, who has six fingers.

Besides, I think you could fit two on one finger, like A-RS-EN-AL on the right hand (so the A is on the pinky) and GO-ON-E-R on the left. This way, when he gets into a brawl with a Sp*rs supporter, they all know that, once again, they got beat by Arsenal and the Gooners.

Geez, I'm thinking about this way too much!

18. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Bloody Hell, that must have been one hell of a tattoo-ist! :p

As a general comment, be really careful about the tattoo, these things seem like a great idea when you're 18, but in 15 years time when you're 33... Things can change a lot in 15 years, imagine what you wanted when you were 15 years younger (3 yrs old!)...well I assume you still don't want that ninja turtle or whatever it was!!! Somewhere where it can be hidden is a good 'un...

On the other hand a big tattoo of Arsenal across the shoulder blades, with all the trophies listed below would look great! :)

19. DFWGOONER

DFWGOONER New Member

May 10, 2005
    Fort Worth
    I agree, somewhere where it can be hidden. I got a tattoo when I was 18 on my left inside forearm and since I have become older and work in a semi-professional enviroment, people who notice it always seem a little shocked that I have one.
    I always do my best when meeting a client for the first time to either where long sleeves or try and not show that part of my arm, which is most of the times hard to do.
    The other 2 tattoo's I have are on my right upper arm and on my left shoulder blade where nobody can see them. I wouldn't say not to get one at all, but like a few have mentioned previously try and think about the placement of it for when you are 15 years down the road.

20. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'd have to agree that you ought to wait.

When I was 18, I would have gone for a Cowboy's star, but now, I've tired a bit on professional football and am more of a footy and tennis fan. I think the cannon is a great logo, but I can see any soccer team, though, selling out and changing the crest, logo, whatever for the right amount of money, so 20 years from now, we may not have aq cannon.

When I did want a tatto, I wanted it on the back of my hand. If you are dead set on a tatto, get it on your upper arm, just below your shoulder. Easy enough to see if you've got a short-sleeve shirt, but below a polo shirt for work purposes.

21. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    I agree with everyone who said don't get one.
    What if 15 years down the road you are a Chelsea supporter.....Whoa! sorry, blacked out there for a second. :D Seriously though, down the road, you have to think about jobs, women, etc. I've found a much easier and outward expression of your devotion-jerseys. Whatever you do, be very careful of location if you decide to get an "Up the ARSE!" tatoo.

22. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Worst tattoo placement I've ever seen was at Ozzfest in 2000. I was standing in line for water and was behind a big burly biker guy. I happened to glance down for a second and saw, to my horror, that he had cut out two circles in the seat of his shorts to show the tattoos he had on his ass cheeks. Please, I beg you, don't do something similar.

23. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Remember seeing a film many many years ago where a woman had a 'W' on each bum cheek, to spell "WOW" ;)

And when I was discussing the film with my mate the next day, we were both in stitches because it would look like "MOM" from upside down... Honestly we had tears in our eyes, and stomach cramps from laughing, which is why I remember it from so long ago...

...well, you had to be there :eek:

24. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, I'm 3 years younger than you, and I am Arsenal through and through, but I would never get a tatoo. I love Arsenal so much but I just feel that it is unnecasary. But this is just personal preferance. ;)

This is gonna stay with u for the rest of ur life, so think long and hard about it. I think u should list the pros and cons.

Pros:
    Umm....
    It will make u feel special
    It MAY impress some people

Cons:
    People may think ur a hooligan
    Girls may shun it
    U might not like it in a few years time.
    It will look 'quite' different in a few years time
    When do business, and if it is in a visible place, u'll always be trying to hide it.
    etc, etc, etc....

I think it really depends on what u're gettin it for. If u want it for show, get it where people can see it, otherwise there is no point! If it is for urself, surely, u know u support the club, so why get it? Will it make u closer to the club?

If u support arsenal enough to get a tatoo, surely u support them enough to just know the club is in ur heart?

My view is a straight out: NO! :)

25. Roffadam

Roffadam Red Card

Jun 21, 2005
    Rotterdam, NLD
    put it on your ********..who the ******** gives a ******** anyhow

and stop using swearwords! :mad: