Where is the love for KK? Guardian cheap shot.

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by mschofield, Oct 24, 2003.

1. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/

These things never stay up for long, but the football unlimited front page included the quote ``Seems as if Kasey Keller wasn't the only one taking his eye off the ball at Spurs recently...''
    The story is about a pounds 20 million debt at spurs, and the story doesn't talk about Keller at all. Interesting, though, that hye's at least enough of a presence in the game to merit a cheap shot. Up in the air: Compliment to mentioned, or an insult to be insulted?

2. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Considering how badly they make fun of Davd Seaman and Emile Heskey, I wouldn't think much of their joke about Keller either way.

3. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It refers to that horrendous gaffe of his in the game against Leicester. It's just a convenient parallel, with a smidgeon of humour - "cheap shot"?

4. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    life in the big time - I've seen larger sections of media in UK turn on players like Giggs and Heskey for periods of time. Nobody's immune. Well, maybe one player is...........

5. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A cheap shot would have involved Rogaine.

6. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Matt Clark was right. The ball rolls between your legs and into the goal, that pretty much warrants being made fun of IMO. I remember when Marcus Hahnneman (spelling) did this at Fulham in one of his only starts. :D

Exactly. That's the jab I always give when I make fun of France and Zidane.

7. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States